Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Old Oct 13, 2023, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
You can select the seats from the seatmap and it will add the appropriate fee to your total.

-J.

Thank you for the help.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:08 pm

Does anyone know why there are a large number of SFO-BOS flights that indicate "lie-flat sold out", but have seat maps that show empty Mint cabins? Is the cabin being blocked off for some reason?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: Free agent
Might be shifting them over to the all Y* 321's for some reason.

Last edited by MSYtoJFKagain; Oct 17, 2023 at 6:11 am Reason: wrong class specified
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by redct
Does anyone know why there are a large number of SFO-BOS flights that indicate "lie-flat sold out", but have seat maps that show empty Mint cabins? Is the cabin being blocked off for some reason?
Occasionally, BOS-SFO sometimes seasonally gets the 200Y A321s so this may be blocked for that. IIRC this happens in the winter when they increase Mint capacity to tropical destinations.

-J.
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:06 pm

Occasionally, BOS-SFO sometimes seasonally gets the 200Y A321s so this may be blocked for that. IIRC this happens in the winter when they increase Mint capacity to tropical destinations.

-J.
Thanks all, this appears to be it as Mint has popped back up for sale on a few of the flights now that we're a few days out from the flights I was looking at. (I guess someone made a fleet allocation decision somewhere in HQ over the last day or so.)
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by redct
Thanks all, this appears to be it as Mint has popped back up for sale on a few of the flights now that we're a few days out from the flights I was looking at. (I guess someone made a fleet allocation decision somewhere in HQ over the last day or so.)
I know at least one of the A321LRs is down for the count and they have been using a standard Mint NEO (3NS) on some flights (my friend flew JFK-LHR and back recently and was on the 3NS both ways!). So this may have had something to do with it as well.

-J.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: Independent
Am I correct in understanding that, unless there's a special, Even More Space seats do not earn redeemable points? (Just tiles?)

I can't find any documentation other than the Terms and Conditions for TrueBlue, which say that earning for Even More Space is sometimes offered as a "promotion", but that otherwise only base fares earn points.

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Paid Even More Space will get you a bonus of 200 redeemable points regardless of how much you paid for it.

Even More Space is not a fare. It is a seat fee.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: SkyMiles / Rapid Rewards
Flying MSY <> LGA in November. My first jetBlue flight! Looks like both flights will be on A320's.

Trying to figure out what interior the cabin will have? Seeing conflicting info on 25 vs 27 rows, but the recent planes to fly the route have tail numbers with confirmed updated interiors.

How likely this route flies the outdated A320?
Old Oct 23, 2023, 10:01 pm

JFK => LAS core seat selection

Flying JFK => LAS mid November ... first JetBlue flight. Mint plane however booked in a core/coach seat (20d currently... with the intent of possibly moving
up to an EMS if available once doors close). Any thoughts on the best possible core/seat that would facilitate videoing departure ex JFK. Speaking of EMS,
are the fees for these seats always so unreasonable (paying 50 Cdn surcharge for exit row from YYC to JFK on
WS)? Is there that much of a difference in service/seat to warrant that high of a cost differential between the 2 airlines (WS vs B6).

Final question- how sticky are they at check in with carry on size - traveling with a TravelPro Crew VersaPack 21". Never had any issue with CDN airlines including some ULCC.

Thanks to all that reply.

Jack
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by stockyards
Flying MSY <> LGA in November. My first jetBlue flight! Looks like both flights will be on A320's.

Trying to figure out what interior the cabin will have? Seeing conflicting info on 25 vs 27 rows, but the recent planes to fly the route have tail numbers with confirmed updated interiors.

How likely this route flies the outdated A320?
It's a complete crapshoot to be honest. MSY to Northeast routes get planes moved on and off pretty regularly as demand ebbs and flows. I've had the E190, Old A320, refresh A320 and the A220. Given IRROPs are basically "Hey look, this plane is here lets use it", it can be hard to tell.

The 27 row Y config is the refreshed cabin. When you're selecting seats it's should say 6.8" screen for old and 10.1" screen for new.

Originally Posted by skingjack
Flying JFK => LAS mid November ... first JetBlue flight. Mint plane however booked in a core/coach seat (20d currently... with the intent of possibly moving
up to an EMS if available once doors close). Any thoughts on the best possible core/seat that would facilitate videoing departure ex JFK. Speaking of EMS,
are the fees for these seats always so unreasonable (paying 50 Cdn surcharge for exit row from YYC to JFK on
WS)? Is there that much of a difference in service/seat to warrant that high of a cost differential between the 2 airlines (WS vs B6).

Final question- how sticky are they at check in with carry on size - traveling with a TravelPro Crew VersaPack 21". Never had any issue with CDN airlines including some ULCC.

Thanks to all that reply.

Jack
For video seats, if you want a good engine shot, you'll want 6A/F - 8 A/F. These are paid EMS seats and you CANNOT move to them without paying, even after doors close. Otherwise, the windows in 12-16 are good for overwing/winglet views. IIRC the upgrade fees is between $125-150 (USD). I find them worth it on a night flight but rarely on a daytime flight. The regular Y seats are great. You do get priority boarding with EMS so that "justifies" the fee for some. I've never flown WestJet so I wouldn't be able to compare the two products. The hard product for JetBlue on the newer planes is very good. IFE, charging points, free wifi, free drink/snack, and a relatively comfy seat/legroom are highlights. Bad IRROPs, hit or miss crew recently, and worsening customer service are the drawbacks.

I've never had them be too stringent unless it actively doesn't fit. On the A321 you should be absolutely fine.
skingjack likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
It's a complete crapshoot to be honest. MSY to Northeast routes get planes moved on and off pretty regularly as demand ebbs and flows. I've had the E190, Old A320, refresh A320 and the A220. Given IRROPs are basically "Hey look, this plane is here lets use it", it can be hard to tell.

The 27 row Y config is the refreshed cabin. When you're selecting seats it's should say 6.8" screen for old and 10.1" screen for new.
Currently it shows 25 rows so I guess well see. I know its a bit too far out to really predict.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by stockyards
Currently it shows 25 rows so I guess we’ll see. I know it’s a bit too far out to really predict.
Lately they have been sending the afternoon MSY-LGA on the A320 classic so I would expect that to stick (with a small possibility of it switching to a refurbished one).

I was actually flying this route on AA yesterday (initially via DCA but rebooked via CLT) and at the ticket counter they offered me a confirmed seat on the 5pm JB nonstop (which, now that I think about it, would have been the A320 classic). I politely declined

-J.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:59 pm

Thank you MSYtoJFKagain for the info on best seating locations for videoing. Curious, does B6 offer discounted paid upgrades at check in and/or gate if there is availability in an ESM seat? If not, I’ll have to reconsider upgrading sooner rather than later (especially considering the distance being flown- I’m accustomed to 3 hr flights). Going to gamble that there will be no issue with the carry-on; we shall see what transpires.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:01 pm

Lately they have been sending the afternoon MSY-LGA on the A320 classic so I would expect that to stick (with a small possibility of it switching to a refurbished one).

I was actually flying this route on AA yesterday (initially via DCA but rebooked via CLT) and at the ticket counter they offered me a confirmed seat on the 5pm JB nonstop (which, now that I think about it, would have been the A320 classic). I politely declined

-J.
Bummer. Thats this interior? https://www.jetblue.com/flying-with-...s/a320-classic

is this page accurate with plane names? Seems like theres not many left

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.