Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by nsx
Please explain.
Do Plus card holders now have to use that card to pay for the ticket in order to get a free bag? I didn’t see that on a recent booking.
No. I wasn't sure on my recent booking. I went back in to manage flights and to add bags. On that screen it showed : First 2 checked bags free for Mosaic members & travelers on same itinerary. First checked bag free for JetBlue Plus Cardmembers & up to 3 travelers on same itinerary. Select number of bags below

I prefer to use a credit card that gives me trip protection and good to know that you do not have to pay with JetBlue card.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael_v
What is the best way to get my money back from a travel bank I got when I cancelled an award ticket? I don't plan to travel on JetBlue before the travel bank expires
Book a ticket for someone else and have them pay you cash. I have never heard of JetBlue cashing out Travel Banks ever.

-J.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:35 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I have travel bank funds from booking and canceling several award tickets. If those funds expire I will treat it as a minor cost of refundable award travel.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:35 pm

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Hello! What is your question?

-J.
I guess you answered them.
No combine pnr's
No name changes.

Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:38 pm

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Originally Posted by nsx
Please explain.
Do Plus card holders now have to use that card to pay for the ticket . . ..
Oh Please.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:53 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
With all the route cancellations is SAT-BOS safe

I know that most of the changes have been on the West Coast but my parents have a SAT-BOS flight on June 14th. I just got an email about a minor change in times but to me SAT BOS doesn't seem like a popular route as B6 is the only one who flies it.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
I know that most of the changes have been on the West Coast but my parents have a SAT-BOS flight on June 14th. I just got an email about a minor change in times but to me SAT BOS doesn't seem like a popular route as B6 is the only one who flies it.
I didn't see it on the list of cuts (neither externally or internally) so I think it will be fine for now. That's not to say they won't announce more, but I'm not expecting additional cuts yet.

-J.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:24 pm

No cuts out of San Antonio (at least not they have announced yet). The routes to JFK and BOS seem to be doing well in terms of loads and fares.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:15 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I didn't see it on the list of cuts (neither externally or internally) so I think it will be fine for now. That's not to say they won't announce more, but I'm not expecting additional cuts yet.

-J.
Originally Posted by jjbiv
No cuts out of San Antonio (at least not they have announced yet). The routes to JFK and BOS seem to be doing well in terms of loads and fares.
Thanks for the info. I'm jealous of them though would love to fly on an A220.
TravellingChris likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Every time I think I'm an expert flier, I come back to the newbie thread because I learn I am not

I got rebooked due to a delayed connection (inbound on-time, second flight was delayed), and now will arrive in my destination about 3 hours earlier than the second flight. My bags are tagged to the second flight, and JetBlue has given me a run-around about what to do other than that they can't be re-tagged.

What's best practice here?

Do I go to the baggage office when I arrive at my destination to see if they can not send it to the carousel? Hope and pray that no one steals them off the carousel and have them get picked up by the office without giving them a heads up? Any chance of JetBlue delivering the bags?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by skydelt
Every time I think I'm an expert flier, I come back to the newbie thread because I learn I am not

I got rebooked due to a delayed connection (inbound on-time, second flight was delayed), and now will arrive in my destination about 3 hours earlier than the second flight. My bags are tagged to the second flight, and JetBlue has given me a run-around about what to do other than that they can't be re-tagged.

Do I go to the baggage office when I arrive at my destination to see if they can not send it to the carousel? Hope and pray that no one steals them off the carousel and have them get picked up by the office without giving them a heads up? Any chance of JetBlue delivering the bags?
File a baggage claim with JetBlue when you arrive. They will figure out the rest.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:16 pm

I am trying to book award ticket on Qatar from US to Doha in business. There's very limited availability from SFO->DOH. So I am wondering anyone has experience booking SFO->JFK->DOH in one ticket? It is ok if SFO->JFK is not in business/mint. I could not find a way to do it on jetblue.com. And not sure if it is possible to book it by calling in? TIA.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skydelt

If I'm understanding this correctly, your bag will arrive several hours before you. Any leftover bags will be picked up by staff and brought to the BSO, and you can pick it up there. I've done that on a few occasions with B6 and other airlines as well (e.g., was waiting for someone else to arrive in an airline lounge and I had checked a bag). Bags aren't stolen as often as people think, though it is a risk. Anyway, when you arrive you should go straight to the BSO. If they do not have your bag and it shows as arrived, I would encourage you to file a police report (though I do not think it will get to this point).

-J.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:14 pm

Booked Mint class from PBI to London via JFK. The JFK flight delayed due to weather, placed on a LGA flight instead, and that too was delayed, then diverted to Albany. Missed my London flight. Crew in Albany timed out and Jetblue cancelled the flight and simply dumped us there. Took uber, Amtrak, another uber, a hotel and an uber the next day from Manhattan to JFK for the Heathrow flight a day later. Submitted my expenses. They reimbursed me $10 for my "travel expenses" which were $197 for the Amtrak and uber legs. Is this normal for them? Why would anyone travel business class with Jet Blue transatlantic? Delta would not treat its business class passengers this way. How can Jet Blue remain solvent?
Old Apr 22, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apottash
Booked Mint class from PBI to London via JFK. The JFK flight delayed due to weather, placed on a LGA flight instead, and that too was delayed, then diverted to Albany. Missed my London flight. Crew in Albany timed out and Jetblue cancelled the flight and simply dumped us there. Took uber, Amtrak, another uber, a hotel and an uber the next day from Manhattan to JFK for the Heathrow flight a day later. Submitted my expenses. They reimbursed me $10 for my "travel expenses" which were $197 for the Amtrak and uber legs. Is this normal for them? Why would anyone travel business class with Jet Blue transatlantic? Delta would not treat its business class passengers this way. How can Jet Blue remain solvent?
While that's a really awful situation, you should not have booked your own ground transportation until they told you (preferably in writing) that they would reimburse you for it and that they would not book anything for you themselves. I've read a lot of reports lately (not just here on FT but elsewhere, and not just JB) of people doing this and it blows my mind. This is no longer the 1970s, and JB being a LCC would rather get you their own cheap transportation than paying for your "extravagant" multi-modal journey.

JetBlue is barely solvent but your experience has very little to do with that.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.