Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Flying for the first time with family on B6, JFK-YVR. We have bought EMS seats, row 2. Two things I wonder about:
  • I understand EMS gives access to fast lane at security control. At JFK, how is the fast lane experience, still insane waiting times?
  • Does EMS also give access to priority lane at check in counters? Or do we risk losing lots of time standing in line at luggage check-in?
Thanks for helping out a seasoned traveler who simply doesn’t have much B6 experience. My own JetBlue travel so far was always with luggage and with TSAPre, so never faced these questions about luggage and security checks.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Flying for the first time with family on B6, JFK-YVR. We have bought EMS seats, row 2. Two things I wonder about:
  • I understand EMS gives access to fast lane at security control. At JFK, how is the fast lane experience, still insane waiting times?
  • Does EMS also give access to priority lane at check in counters? Or do we risk losing lots of time standing in line at luggage check-in?
Thanks for helping out a seasoned traveler who simply doesn’t have much B6 experience. My own JetBlue travel so far was always with luggage and with TSAPre, so never faced these questions about luggage and security checks.
in my opinion, the even more speed at jfk is decent, nothing moves “fast” nowadays, but it does help.

I haven’t seen any priority lane at check in counters. Maybe I’ve just missed it, but I always use the self check in kiosks , and then after tagging my bags it’s a mess after that EVERY time. I try to drop my bags and each time I either have to show the bag drop person our Covid vaccine or a test result. Or they direct us somewhere else, or that person then directs us to another line. It’s pretty ridiculous actually…
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
TSA Pre is usually faster than the Fast Lane at security - use that if you can.
If I recall there aren't really check in counters expect for Mint and Mosaic customers. Use the kiosks, there are plenty available and employees around to help if needed.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm totally new to B6 and their fares. I'm looking at a JFK-YVR fare. I know I don't want to buy basic because I have checked luggage and want advanced seat selection. What's the cheapest way to do this? I see Blue and Blue Extra in Google, but I think B6 has another fare type online. I suppose if basic includes seat selection, I can just simply pay the $35 fee. I also intend to credit the flights to AA. Are there certain fare classes that get nothing with AA? How to look up fare booking class?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm totally new to B6 and their fares. I'm looking at a JFK-YVR fare. I know I don't want to buy basic because I have checked luggage and want advanced seat selection. What's the cheapest way to do this? I see Blue and Blue Extra in Google, but I think B6 has another fare type online. I suppose if basic includes seat selection, I can just simply pay the $35 fee. I also intend to credit the flights to AA. Are there certain fare classes that get nothing with AA? How to look up fare booking class?
AAdvantage mileage earning on JetBlue here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...es/jetblue.jsp
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, TrueBlue, Marriott Bonvoy, Amtrak Rewards
Hey all, I’m a new poster but semi frequent JetBlue and American Airlines flyer.

I’m scheduled to fly JFK-ATL on an itinerary booked fully with TrueBlue points. As it so happens, this is a route that’s part of the “Northeast Alliance” with AA. According to the partnership Q&A on JetBlue’s website, I can earn AAdvantage miles on this itinerary.

The relevant section reads:

Can I earn Advantage® miles on JetBlue-
operated flights?

Yes, simply select "American Airlines - Advantage" as your frequent flyer program and enter your
Advantage® number in the passenger details section when you book your flight.
However, when attempting to change the “Frequent flyer” option in my JetBlue booking, the option is greyed out. Is this due to me using points to book, therefore preventing me from changing that option? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A319 V2500
Hey all, I’m a new poster but semi frequent JetBlue and American Airlines flyer.

I’m scheduled to fly JFK-ATL on an itinerary booked fully with TrueBlue points. As it so happens, this is a route that’s part of the “Northeast Alliance” with AA. According to the partnership Q&A on JetBlue’s website, I can earn AAdvantage miles on this itinerary.

The relevant section reads:

However, when attempting to change the “Frequent flyer” option in my JetBlue booking, the option is greyed out. Is this due to me using points to book, therefore preventing me from changing that option? Any help would be appreciated.
From the AAdvantage program terms and conditions:

"Certain airline tickets are not eligible for earning mileage credit. These include, without limitation, the following: all tickets issued as AAdvantage® awards or other free ticket promotions including free or reduced rate tickets; companion tickets; charter flight tickets; travel agency/industry reduced rate tickets; infant tickets; items occupying a purchased seat; unpublished fare tickets, including consolidator fares, tickets issued as a result of a fare published inadvertently or by mistake and tickets issued subject to special provisions."

Is your TrueBlue redemption ticket a "published fare" ticket?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by guv1976
AAdvantage mileage earning on JetBlue here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...es/jetblue.jsp
What about seat selection?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:56 pm

From the AAdvantage program terms and conditions:

"Certain airline tickets are not eligible for earning mileage credit. These include, without limitation, the following: all tickets issued as AAdvantage® awards or other free ticket promotions including free or reduced rate tickets; companion tickets; charter flight tickets; travel agency/industry reduced rate tickets; infant tickets; items occupying a purchased seat; unpublished fare tickets, including consolidator fares, tickets issued as a result of a fare published inadvertently or by mistake and tickets issued subject to special provisions."

Is your TrueBlue redemption ticket a "published fare" ticket?
I booked it normally through the website. How would I check that? The confirmation email shows "TB AWARD" under Payment Details, and in the receipt I requested it shows the Base Fare is $0
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A319 V2500
I booked it normally through the website. How would I check that? The confirmation email shows "TB AWARD" under Payment Details, and in the receipt I requested it shows the Base Fare is $0
Even if your JetBlue redemption ticket somehow qualified for earning AAdvantage miles, given the ticket's base fare of $0, an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member would earn 11 x 0 miles, for a total of 0 miles. A non-status AAdvantage member would earn 5 x 0 miles, for a total of 0 miles.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:14 pm

Even if your JetBlue redemption ticket somehow qualified for earning AAdvantage miles, given the ticket's base fare of $0, an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member would earn 11 x 0 miles, for a total of 0 miles. A non-status AAdvantage member would earn 5 x 0 miles, for a total of 0 miles.
I see, thank you for clarifying. That was my assumption.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:57 pm

Booking AA through JB website and getting premium seats?

I am a Mosaic and usually just fly from LAX to FLL, but I have an FLL to JFK flight coming up and the AA flights from MIA may be a better choice. But when I go to book the AA flights on the JB website I can only select regular coach. No premium economy or first. Is it part of the alliance deal that they can't sell anything other than regular coach seats on AA flights? You can't even choose the seat. After you book, you have to go to AA.com and select the seat.

I should add, I am not interested in earning AA miles on the flight. I want my Mosaic points

Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by MattInLAX
I am a Mosaic and usually just fly from LAX to FLL,....
I can now answer my own question after being on the phone with Mosaic for a while and then American for a while.
So if you book an AA flight through JetBlue, you can only request Main Cabin Extra or upgrade to First later through AA. It does not sound like they plan to have any reciprocal functionality in the near term for doing premium seats.

But if you book direct with AA, you can (of course) select whatever you want and then put in your TrueBlue number, and it is supposed to all credit. The downside of booking an AA flight and getting TrueBlue points is that you don't get the online and Mosaic booking bonuses. But I am supposed to get 6x points for using my JB card, even at AA. So, that's what I did. I booked an FLL to JFK flight in first, direct with AA, using my JB card, and cancelled my JB flight.

One bonus - thanks to digging into this I confirmed I can get TrueBlue points for my upcoming r/t Paris flights on AA. I'm flying business and the points are much more useful to me at JB.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 11:20 am

Jetblue Phone Number?

Anyone have it? The one on google is correct? There is a special number where you can speak to a rep faster similar to how Delta has one?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:25 pm

1-800-JET-BLUE/1-800-583-2583

If you booked Mint, then you can call 1-844-583-6468. If you didn’t book Mint, they will send you back to the regular line.

If you’re Mosaic, there’s another number for us.

If you’re Mosaic and booked Mint, call the Mosaic number!

Originally Posted by jerry90210
Anyone have it? The one on google is correct? There is a special number where you can speak to a rep faster similar to how Delta has one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.