Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Rosspb
Hi All, first time flying JetBlue and I booked a flight SLC to JFK in May on a Blue fare with an EMS seat, I ended up changing it to an earlier flight same day as plans changed.

When i was doing this I noticed that by having an EMS seat I get Priority Security, how does this work? Are there any other benefits I should be aware of? Finally whats SLC like as an airport, never been there before?

Oh I ended up getting a small refund as travel credit, can i use that anywhere other than on a flight?

Thanks
Even More Speed is basically the priority security lane. If you have PreCheck then this is not necessary. You'll also board in Group A (after Mosaic customers and pre-boarding).

SLC finished rebuilding the entire airport recently. It's a beautiful, new terminal, but it is huge, and JetBlue flies out of the B concourse. Give yourself a solid 10-15 minutes just to walk there (barring any stops) -- from security to the gate is right around half a mile (more info here). There is a golf cart shuttle in the connector tunnel, but if you have mobility issues then absolutely request assistance at the ticket counter. When you get to the B concourse you will turn right and they are the first gate on the left. If you have an extra 15 minutes on top of that, my two favorite restaurants in the airport (both on the A concourse) are Cafe Rio and Squatters, and both have their own loyalty programs.

JetBlue's main reservations center is in Cottonwood Heights and there are hundreds if not thousands of employees living in the Salt Lake valley, all with families, and they often use this flight to get to NYC and the rest of the east coast. You should expect every seat on your plane to be full (if you're traveling with anyone, don't try the open-middle seat and hope it stays that way -- it most likely will not).

The travel credit (assuming this is held as a Travel Bank) can only be used for future travel.

-J.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: MSC Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, RCCL Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite
Upgrading to EMS at the gate

Can I upgrade to EMS at the gate before we board? Do they have a credit card terminal at the gate or do I have to do it once onboard?

Thanks,
Kyle
Old Jan 20, 2023, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Even More Speed is basically the priority security lane. If you have PreCheck then this is not necessary. You'll also board in Group A (after Mosaic customers and pre-boarding).

SLC finished rebuilding the entire airport recently. It's a beautiful, new terminal, but it is huge, and JetBlue flies out of the B concourse. Give yourself a solid 10-15 minutes just to walk there (barring any stops) -- from security to the gate is right around half a mile (more info here). There is a golf cart shuttle in the connector tunnel, but if you have mobility issues then absolutely request assistance at the ticket counter. When you get to the B concourse you will turn right and they are the first gate on the left. If you have an extra 15 minutes on top of that, my two favorite restaurants in the airport (both on the A concourse) are Cafe Rio and Squatters, and both have their own loyalty programs.

JetBlue's main reservations center is in Cottonwood Heights and there are hundreds if not thousands of employees living in the Salt Lake valley, all with families, and they often use this flight to get to NYC and the rest of the east coast. You should expect every seat on your plane to be full (if you're traveling with anyone, don't try the open-middle seat and hope it stays that way -- it most likely will not).

The travel credit (assuming this is held as a Travel Bank) can only be used for future travel.

-J.
Thanks that's just the info i needed. I dont have pre-check, dont fly enough now.

So with EMS/Priority there's a separate lane for security, i presume its well marked?

New airport, great and good to know on distance inside, my flight is at 4:30pm so plan to drop the car off at 2pm thus at airport itself by 2:30 i reckon, is the rental centre far away, is it a shuttle or walkable?

Havent decided on whether i'll have lunch before or at the airport, will depend on time i guess, but thanks for the recommendations :-)

If its likely to be full glad i changed to the day from the night flight now. I'm solo and have an allotted aisle seat, long legs hence the EMS choice.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Rosspb
Thanks that's just the info i needed. I dont have pre-check, dont fly enough now.

So with EMS/Priority there's a separate lane for security, i presume its well marked?

New airport, great and good to know on distance inside, my flight is at 4:30pm so plan to drop the car off at 2pm thus at airport itself by 2:30 i reckon, is the rental centre far away, is it a shuttle or walkable?

Havent decided on whether i'll have lunch before or at the airport, will depend on time i guess, but thanks for the recommendations :-)

If its likely to be full glad i changed to the day from the night flight now. I'm solo and have an allotted aisle seat, long legs hence the EMS choice.
The priority lane should be decently marked -- if you can't find it, just ask. I don't remember if it is shared with DL Sky Priority or if they have their own thing, but there is a single centralized security checkpoint.

The rental car center is across the street. You will go up the escalator and across the bridge, which will let you out by the check-in area and TSA. Only a few low-end companies require a shuttle (Fox, etc.), so 90% of rentals will be on-site.

-J.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:39 am

The priority lane should be decently marked -- if you can't find it, just ask. I don't remember if it is shared with DL Sky Priority or if they have their own thing, but there is a single centralized security checkpoint.

The rental car center is across the street. You will go up the escalator and across the bridge, which will let you out by the check-in area and TSA. Only a few low-end companies require a shuttle (Fox, etc.), so 90% of rentals will be on-site.

-J.
Brilliant thanks, you never know with rental centre's, so good to know in advance if a shuttle is needed or not.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
I took my chances and booked a short haul Basic Blue.
As AA Exect Plat, do I get 1 carry-on baggage for free? (twitter agent says yes but I got an email today saying no for Sunday flight). Don't want to wind up paying $65 at gate.
Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Harmoncove
Can I upgrade to EMS at the gate before we board? Do they have a credit card terminal at the gate or do I have to do it once onboard?

Thanks,
Kyle
Depends on the airport. Some do, some will take you to another gate to do it. I'm not entirely sure if this is still the case, but they may be able to charge you to upgrade onboard. (Some people used to take advantage of the JetBlue credit card onboard purchase discount when doing this. They eventually fixed it though)
Harmoncove likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
How does exactly blue xtra fare work and does it apply to award redemptions too ( read conflicting info ) ? How late before the flight departure one is able to switch to a different flight ?

I have a late August (28) flight arriving at JFK (T1) @ 1.00pm, SN501 in J and trying to get home as quick as possible :

1. JFK(T5)- ACK @2.20pm

2. LGA - ACK @ 5.00pm

I do have Global Entry (and TSA) and sitting up front from BRU, have no luggage ( small carry one likely).

Providing arriving on time , I may have a small chance to catch the 2.20pm which I would like to use . What’s the best way to handle this situation ?

1. buy blue extra fare for JFK-ACK and if late switch to LGA-ACK ?

2. buy blue extra fare for LGA-ACK and if early switch to JFK-ACK ?

3. buy blue fares for JFK-ACK and LGA-ACK and cancel the one I would not need

Regards,
Stan
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Points bookings nonrefundable?

Sorry if this is a really basic question, but I searched a little bit and didn't quite see the answer to this. I booked a flight yesterday on a blue fare using TB points, and noticed at checkout that it says the tickets are nonrefundable, but there's no change fee. I am so used to AA and DL rules where you can cancel a points booking and get the miles reinstated that I'm confused here. Does this really mean that I can't cancel and get the points back if I cancel outright? I can only change to another flight?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
Sorry if this is a really basic question, but I searched a little bit and didn't quite see the answer to this. I booked a flight yesterday on a blue fare using TB points, and noticed at checkout that it says the tickets are nonrefundable, but there's no change fee. I am so used to AA and DL rules where you can cancel a points booking and get the miles reinstated that I'm confused here. Does this really mean that I can't cancel and get the points back if I cancel outright? I can only change to another flight?

You get points back. I've cancelled an international flight a few times and always got points back.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will get your points back to your account and any money spent will be returned in the form of a Travel Bank credit.

Some destinations such as the Dominican Republic have nonrefundable taxes, so in those cases you will forfeit those funds.

-J.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
You get points back. I've cancelled an international flight a few times and always got points back.
You will get your points back to your account and any money spent will be returned in the form of a Travel Bank credit.

Some destinations such as the Dominican Republic have nonrefundable taxes, so in those cases you will forfeit those funds.

-J.
Thank you both. I could've sworn this has been my experience in the past but the "non-refundable" language on the checkout page, in the fare rules, and the TB T&Cs referring back to the fare rules threw me for a loop and made me wonder if something has changed.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know this has been asked before, but it was before this thread was created and I don't recall if there was ever a clear answer.

I am AS MVPG, so when booking AA I get MCE (equivalent of EMS) for free at the time of booking. If I book AA operated by JB, would I be able to get complimentary EMS seating?

My guess is no, but I'm hoping someone else knows for sure.

-J.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
How long does it take for miles from a B6 flight booked through Jet Blue Vacations to post to a TrueBlue account? To an AAdvantage account?
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I can only speak from experience for crediting to TrueBlue. It typically posts within a week of the entire trip being taken, first the flights will post with 0 points to credit you the segments, and then all of the points will post in one lump posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.