Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the JetBlue TrueBlue Forum FLAME-FREE Q&A Thread!

As seen on many other forums, the Flame-Free Q&A Thread is a friendly place for members to ask anything, even the most basic of questions. No snarky responses here! There are no stupid questions in this thread. This is a centralized place to ask simple questions for which you may not want to start an entire thread. A special effort will be made to avoid using acronyms, jargon, or other language difficult to understand to those who may not fly JetBlue so often. Personally I've found this type of resource to be immensely helpful on other forums, and it's about time that we have one here.

So without further ado... ask away
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
So my question is this - and if there's a Wiki about this please point me to it - are AA elites considered for complimentary upgrades on B6 the way we are on AA under the new LP system based on your rolling LP balance, fare price etc? I'm just wondering if it's worth me spending about $200 extra per leg on AA because I might have abetter chance of an upgrade on my "home airline" than on a B6 codeshare with this new alliance.

Also, does B6 have a lounge at LAX that I might have access to as an Admirals Club Member?

Finally, does B6 recognize AA elites for priority boarding?
No complimentary upgrades on B6 unfortunately, so if you're looking for those you're best off flying on AA metal. B6 has a grand total of zero lounges, but your Admirals Club membership gives you access to the T4 AC (and T4 and T5 are connected behind security) when flying B6 as well. As for priority boarding AA elites board together with Mint/Mosaics, so right after disabilities and before EMS/military/families.
matinicus rock likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Thank you Truncated! Looking at a map of LAX T5 looks like there is actually an AC there

Can't say I've ever looked forward to a flight in coach but look forward to this because I've heard B6's EMS is one of the more comfortable domestic economy seats.

Thanks again for the help!
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:05 pm

Priority Check-in ?

B6 newbie - does B6 have Mosaic/Mint priority check-in at its non hub airports ?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
B6 newbie - does B6 have Mosaic/Mint priority check-in at its non hub airports ?
Usually they do, but if you check in online they also often have a dedicated bag-drop lane that might be faster.

-J.
Mister Nice likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL, B6
Schedule change - switch airports?

Background: Have a February booking where the schedule change was significant enough for Jet Blue to offer the opportunity to change to another flight within a day of original booking, AND/OR a reasonable alternative departure airport. Original flight is LAS-BOS.

Question: how loosely does B6 define a reasonable alternative airport? I've done switches in co-terminals (eg, MIA/FLL) but there of course isn't one for LAS. Anyone with experience in such a situation given the ability to switch to SAN or LAX? Or is it YMMV? Thank you.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by GoBob
Background: Have a February booking where the schedule change was significant enough for Jet Blue to offer the opportunity to change to another flight within a day of original booking, AND/OR a reasonable alternative departure airport. Original flight is LAS-BOS.

Question: how loosely does B6 define a reasonable alternative airport? I've done switches in co-terminals (eg, MIA/FLL) but there of course isn't one for LAS. Anyone with experience in such a situation given the ability to switch to SAN or LAX? Or is it YMMV? Thank you.
I've never heard the phrasing "reasonable alternative departure airport" but I would fully expect that to be limited to co-terminals. Might be worth calling to ask, but personally I wouldn't read very far into this.

-J.
GoBob likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: DL, B6
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I've never heard the phrasing "reasonable alternative departure airport" but I would fully expect that to be limited to co-terminals. Might be worth calling to ask, but personally I wouldn't read very far into this.

-J.
Thanks again; I was going to report back results after asking B6 but the kids vetoed me on a change and so the question is moot. LV it is....
Old Dec 25, 2022, 3:08 pm

Using AA miles to upgrade on JetBlue

Hello --

Flying LAX to BOS in May. AA has zero availability on its flights for upgrades from economy to business.
However, JBLU has plenty of availability on the AA flights that it operates.
AA domestic upgrades cost 15,000 miles + $75.

Can AA miles be used to upgrade on JBLU and if so, how many?

Thank you!!
Old Dec 27, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Free cancel/change or Not?

I just registered in True Blue, to make my 1st JetBlue reservation BOS to JFK. But did not do Yet.
After I selected my flight, I got the details and pricing for Basic Blue / Blue / Blue Extra.
I selected Blue that said: Free carry-on bag and advance seat selection. No change/cancel fees.
BUT when I proceeded to book, it said Non-refundable one-way.
Do they mean: I can cancel without a fee BUT I will Not get a refund??? i.e. the ticket price is the fee to cancel???
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by IntFF
I just registered in True Blue, to make my 1st JetBlue reservation BOS to JFK. But did not do Yet.
After I selected my flight, I got the details and pricing for Basic Blue / Blue / Blue Extra.
I selected Blue that said: Free carry-on bag and advance seat selection. No change/cancel fees.
BUT when I proceeded to book, it said Non-refundable one-way.
Do they mean: I can cancel without a fee BUT I will Not get a refund??? i.e. the ticket price is the fee to cancel???
Yes, you can change or cancel the trip without incurring a Change Fee or a Cancellation Penalty/Fee.

BUT when they say non-refundable, what they mean is if you cancel, they don't refund the money to your credit card. Typically it'll be in the form of a 1-year travel voucher instead.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question

Originally Posted by hurnik
Yes, you can change or cancel the trip without incurring a Change Fee or a Cancellation Penalty/Fee.
BUT when they say non-refundable, what they mean is if you cancel, they don't refund the money to your credit card. Typically it'll be in the form of a 1-year travel voucher instead.
Ahhh, got it. Thanks.
Question: Is it SAME if I do the booking for a JetBlue flight in my AA acct as an AA flight, and pay AA ?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:28 am

Programs: Velocity
Flying JFK-SJU and trying to work out the fare class for the Blue fare. Looking to see if it's best to credit miles to QR, AA or SQ (am members with each).
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:08 am

delete

Last edited by breathesrain; Feb 20, 2023 at 12:57 pm
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Notyourbag
Flying JFK-SJU and trying to work out the fare class for the Blue fare. Looking to see if it's best to credit miles to QR, AA or SQ (am members with each).
If you haven't booked it yet, try looking up the flight on ITA Matrix.

If you've already booked it, go to Manage Flights, scroll to the bottom, and click on the link for Fare Restrictions. Scroll down to Additional fare rules and restrictions and it will show your fare basis where the first letter is your fare class.
Notyourbag likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 9:16 am

Hi All, first time flying JetBlue and I booked a flight SLC to JFK in May on a Blue fare with an EMS seat, I ended up changing it to an earlier flight same day as plans changed.

When i was doing this I noticed that by having an EMS seat I get Priority Security, how does this work? Are there any other benefits I should be aware of? Finally whats SLC like as an airport, never been there before?

Oh I ended up getting a small refund as travel credit, can i use that anywhere other than on a flight?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.