Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: ML
Jet blue new credit card - prize for most misleading re: Chip-and-PIN (or likely not)

[QUOTE=sbm12;26312106]JetBlue and Barlcaycard announced details of their new TrueBlue CC offering this morning, launching a suite of 3 new cards for members to consider. Here are some of the highlights.

The JetBlue Card
  • [*]

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • [*]

The JetBlue Business Card
  • [*]

I'd be careful before claiming any of these are "chip-and-PIN" to the extent you mean that they support 'offline PIN' EMV validations -- which is to my understanding what the phrase "chip-and-PIN" refers to. From my reading of the Jet Blue FAQs on the web site, they have some highly squirrely (aka borderline deceptive) wording in this area on this card. Copy of the post I made regarding this in the EMV chip card thread:

-----------------

I was looking at the Jet Blue card (I'm not a travel maven, just occasional) and flights to chicago/mdw and noticed the following under Q&A related to 'what is a chip card?':

A: In addition to storing your account information on a magnetic stripe on the back of your card, chip cards also keep your account information on a small electronic chip. Since the chip uses encryption technology, your transaction information is very secure, and your card is almost impossible to reproduce. The JetBlue Card is a chip-and-signature card with PIN capability for use at unattended terminals – offering U.S. cardmembers optimal acceptance and convenience when traveling internationally

This seems like a way of saying:

This is a chip and signature card that will work in online ticket kiosks/etc overseas if they do online authentication. It is not a chip and (offline) PIN card -- we told you it was chip and signature -- but because we think you may have heard of problems with ticket machines in europe we wanted to reassure you that we did all we could, short of actually making it compatible with chip-and-PIN (too much cost for the value we think) and try our best to infer chip and pin compatibility, which it does not have.

This is not to say they are wrong about chip-and-PIN not being worth it for U.S. travelers who do not live in europe, or that the benefits they give for not spending money on it was a wrong decision. I was just noting that, to me, this seems worthy of a prize for legal writing in that it will likely make people believe (excluding FT readers, of course) it is chip and pin when it is not.

Just to confirm, I called them, and after 20 minutes got a supervisor to call card operations and he came back and said online pin only. [To my understanding, this statement alone means that the card is not "chip-and-PIN" and does not support it at all -- primarily or secondarily.]

For a British-owned bank, they know what chip-and-PIN is too. Seems very sneaky (being polite) to me. Boo for barclays bank, IMHO, of course.

Just my .02
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:08 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by saradon
I'd be careful before claiming any of these are "chip-and-PIN" to the extent you mean that they support 'offline PIN' EMV validations -- which is to my understanding what the phrase "chip-and-PIN" refers to.
If these work the same as the Barclays Arrival and AA Aviator cards (and I don't see why they would not), then the default will always be Chip + Signature but they will work with the PIN in offline situations such as unmanned terminals/kiosks. The knowledge base of Barclays CSRs seems to be hit or miss, so I wouldn't take to much from what the supervisor told you.

I can confirm that my Barclays issued AA Aviator card worked with no problems at unmanned offline train terminals in Spain when Chip + Signature cards issued by other banks did not.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:29 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Probably should've asked here-my wife and I got the card with her putting the application in-however, we've got the family pooling with me as the head-will the bonus automatically go into the pooling? I'm a cardholder but not THE cardholder in this case. Although I'm not sure about double dipping-is that possible? For both of us to have it?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:04 pm

Has anyone here booked with the new paid card?

I'm trying to figure out how the "free bag" benefit will play out with the whole Blue/Plus/Flex/Mint. Will they issue a credit? If so, at which rate?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
Just did the online app for the no annual fee JetBlue card. Instant approval. Wanted a rewards MasterCard for my wallet with a direct tie-in to an airline. No annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, chip and signature/pin, a bank that I trust, and an airline that serves BDL and places I want to go to were good incentives. Do enough travel and spending to make the regular card worthwhile, but not enough to justify the JetBlue Plus card with the annual fee.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by KRSW
Has anyone here booked with the new paid card?

I'm trying to figure out how the "free bag" benefit will play out with the whole Blue/Plus/Flex/Mint. Will they issue a credit? If so, at which rate?
I have the plus card and have been searching for flights recently. On the app, it will show you that you get 1 free checked bag with all fare levels. When working it online, it will show that you get 1 free bag per ticket even at the cheapest fares. Its east to confirm before buying the tickets. You won't need to buy the Plus to get a free checked bag.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by dw
You should be fine. Those that were part of the converted batch (both accurate and erroneous) were not able to have applications for one of the new cards go through.
Just to confirm, yes! I got my 30k bonus points from the Jetblue Plus card. This is after cancelling my amex after the switch to Barclay was announced (sometime in February). The points have yet to transfer to my Trueblue account, but I'm happy they showed up right at statement closing.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:01 am

I met the spending requirement on March 20.

First statement closed on March 24.

Annual Fee posted on 3/29.

Second statement closed on April 24.

Barclay's FAQ states:

...""Your bonus points will be deposited into your TrueBlue account 4-6 weeks after your qualifying transactions have posted."

No 30k bonus points even on the second statement. This is a tad-bit concerning.

I see robizzle sees his bonus points pending...how about others?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
My wifes 2nd statement closed today. When I click on the "View Rewards" section it now shows 30,000 TrueBlue points earned on last statement. For statement #1 it took about 3 days for the earned points to arrive into my TrueBlue account. I expect they'll show up Friday or Monday.

My account also closes statement #2 today, but the statement hasn't processed yet. It still reflects my 1000 points earned from statement #1, so hopefully that updates by tomorrow.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gr99gt
Where did you find that info? I'm a few k points short for a roundtrip flight. I'm wondering if I can book one-way, wait 24 hrs for the 10% to be credited back, and then bok the return part of the flight. Think that would work?
It is not an instant process. I booked 150,000 worth of points for a few mint flights a month ago and the rebate has not posted yet.

--

Just talked to the Mosaic line. They reported it and will be following up with Barclays as it is supposed to get credited on the next business day after the redemption. At least in my case that has not yet happened but they are trying to get mine resolved by tomorrow.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Apr 27, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The rebate of points will post 4 to 6 weeks after the redemption FLIGHT is taken. They have no way to reverse the rebate if the flight is canceled or changed, so they have to wait until the flight is taken to get the points transferred. True Blue has communicated with Barclays to update the wording with them.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:58 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The rebate of points will post 4 to 6 weeks after the redemption FLIGHT is taken. They have no way to reverse the rebate if the flight is canceled or changed, so they have to wait until the flight is taken to get the points transferred.
Thanks for sharing that. That is a bit unfortunate, as people will have to keep track of their redemptions to make sure the points rebates properly post. It sounds like a quirk with B6's IT, I suppose. I know from experience that with the Barclays AA card that also includes a rebate on redemptions, the points do post within a day or so of the redemption.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:09 am

2nd month account statement closed for wife's card and I two days ago.
Last night looked at PDF of statements and 30K was listed on both.
This morning B6 account has yet to get the 60K+ miles posted, assume will happen after the 1st...
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Did anyone else get this 5K bonus points email today:

You will earn 5,000 bonus points after you charge $500 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each calendar month from May 1, 2016 through July 31, 2016.

If it matters, I was one whose AMEX transferred, not a new cardholder.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:53 am

I received the same email except $750/month. So if used for restaurants or groceries, it's over 4 points/dollar. Good little deal.

Wife received the $500/month. Over 5 points/dollar.

Both are the cards that transferred over from Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.