Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:52 pm

Smile Redeem JAL flight with Asia Miles

Hi! has anyone redeemed JAL flights with Asia Miles?
I am looking to redeem tickets from HKG --> Tokyo (HND/NRT).
I have sent a redemption request on asia miles website but it says its going to take 7 days to process my request. The thing is there is currently a promotion that offers 20% miles discount on ticket redemption to tokyo, and this promotion is expiring on aug 19. I am worried that if AM replies later than, I will miss the offer.
So I would like to ask if anyone knows other methods of checking the redemption availability for JAL flights? Or if anyone can share their experience on redeeming JAL flights with asia miles?

Thank you very much.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
Use BA Search engine?

Call Asiamiles they should be able to lock the seat for you. (even it would take longer to issue the ticket)

Please bear in mind you can not make single trip redemption, if you use Asiamiles, it has to be round trip.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:40 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Using JAL miles for other people

Does JAL restrict your ability to redeem miles for other people in the way that KAL and (I believe) ANA do? My understanding is that those airlines let you redeem miles only for yourself and for immediate family, with proof of relationship required. Does JAL have any such restriction?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:49 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bgriff
Does JAL restrict your ability to redeem miles for other people in the way that KAL and (I believe) ANA do? My understanding is that those airlines let you redeem miles only for yourself and for immediate family, with proof of relationship required. Does JAL have any such restriction?
http://www.ar.jal.com/ar/en/jalmile/award/info_001.html
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:52 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: TK Gold, AB Gold,
JAL N class does not allow seat selection.
However i have AB gold card which OW Sapphire status should be able to get a seat right?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex19970811
JAL N class does not allow seat selection.
However i have AB gold card which OW Sapphire status should be able to get a seat right?
No, please see the other thread.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by JALPak
Not sure if all SS6 has been retrofitted with Wi-Fi yet.
Only one (JA616J) left out of the 7 SS6s not yet retrofitted with wi-fi and it is next once its scheduled routine maintenance is due.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 6:01 am

Does JAL fare change on any set schedule? I'm looking at flights from JAL to WAS in March 2016 and they showing coach tickets for Y530,000! I checked 3rd party search engines and see the same flights offered for only Y110,000. Do you think fares directly shown JAL will come down to match?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lagvoid
Does JAL fare change on any set schedule? I'm looking at flights from JAL to WAS in March 2016 and they showing coach tickets for Y530,000! I checked 3rd party search engines and see the same flights offered for only Y110,000. Do you think fares directly shown JAL will come down to match?
Assuming you mean Tokyo to Washington, 530.000 is an outrageous price for coach. Not knowing your dates in March, but I can booked a business class for 512K via JAL direct. Are you sure you are looking at economy class?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Assuming you mean Tokyo to Washington, 530.000 is an outrageous price for coach. Not knowing your dates in March, but I can booked a business class for 512K via JAL direct. Are you sure you are looking at economy class?
Yes, it's for coach. I'm looking at March 10th, 2016. I think I see why....it's because I'm searching one-way flights and JA just doesn't like that apparently...
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lagvoid
Yes, it's for coach. I'm looking at March 10th, 2016. I think I see why....it's because I'm searching one-way flights and JA just doesn't like that apparently...
JAL generally does not really do one way pricing. If you truly do not need the return, I would buy it anyway and be a no-show. Airlines don't really like that either, make a search for hidden city itineraries on Flyertalk, but for the rare case it is unlikely to trigger an alert.
Or if you can book the one way from other sources than JAL directly. But I don't feel certain they have pricing available via 3rd parties that they do not offer themselves.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:14 pm

Sorry to bump these questions again

*What are the rules for personal electronic devices? Can I use my camera for take-off and landing or just during the cruise or when the cabin attendants say so? I'm not really familiar with the rules on Japanese carriers since I hardly take them.

*I'll be getting a chance to try out the First Class lounge in NRT. Any specific food items I should try out?

*Lastly, hows the Business Class lounge in NGO? I assume its nothing special but curious to know what food items they have.

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

You can take pictures/videos during taxi, takeoff, and landing.

If you like sushi, there's a sushi bar at NRT F lounge.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by maortega15
*What are the rules for personal electronic devices? Can I use my camera for take-off and landing or just during the cruise or when the cabin attendants say so? I'm not really familiar with the rules on Japanese carriers since I hardly take them.

*I'll be getting a chance to try out the First Class lounge in NRT. Any specific food items I should try out?

*Lastly, hows the Business Class lounge in NGO? I assume its nothing special but curious to know what food items they have.

Thanks
there is also the JAL curry rice and a beef on rice yoshinoya style. sushi isnt bad for airport standards but its certainly sth you can get anywhere in tokyo with better quality.

oh! and if sake is your thing (along with shochu), they have a decent selection there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.