Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
is there a fee to change an award ticket? Specifically on Bangkok Airway redemption. For example, from BKK-SIN to BKK-KUL.

According to this page, answer seems to be No, or at least it's seemingly not mentioned. According to this page specifically about Bangkok Airways redemption, cancel fee is specified but no mention of change fee.
The first link is for award flights on JAL only. The link you want to look at is the one below. So basically, no change of sector is allowed. So to change from SIN to KUL as destination, you would need to cancel and book a new ticket.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/p_jmb/
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
I'm guessing the answer is no, but if I purchase a flight on Alaska (AS) metal, but as a AA codeshare flight through the AA site, will I earn flyon points?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Goosh
I'm guessing the answer is no, but if I purchase a flight on Alaska (AS) metal, but as a AA codeshare flight through the AA site, will I earn flyon points?
If it is AA codeshare, AA flight number on your ticket, the marketing carrier is the deciding factor. And you will get Fly On Points.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
just make JMB Sapphire. when should I join JGB? I understand that 5000 miles will be deducted upon joining, and 5000 miles will be deducted in March for annaul fee. does it mean I should join after March next year?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:34 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by pbd456
just make JMB Sapphire. when should I join JGB? I understand that 5000 miles will be deducted upon joining, and 5000 miles will be deducted in March for annaul fee. does it mean I should join after March next year?
Thats what i did
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If it is AA codeshare, AA flight number on your ticket, the marketing carrier is the deciding factor. And you will get Fly On Points.
I'm thinking that the destination, whether it's on AA's own network matters. If destination depends on codesharing with AS to get there, and there's no AA metal that actually flies there, my initial hunch would be no, you won't get any FLY ON points. Would be happy to hear otherwise though.

Goosh, would appreciate if you could let us know after you've done this, if you're going to do this at all.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cscube
I'm thinking that the destination, whether it's on AA's own network matters. If destination depends on codesharing with AS to get there, and there's no AA metal that actually flies there, my initial hunch would be no, you won't get any FLY ON points. Would be happy to hear otherwise though.

Goosh, would appreciate if you could let us know after you've done this, if you're going to do this at all.
Marketing carrier is the principle....
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:18 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
I happily found out that lounge access is included in a Premium Economy ticket, but can a Premium Economy passenger guest someone into the JAL lounge? If so, any restrictions on guest being on the same flight, another OneWorld flight, etc.?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:00 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by LGA
I happily found out that lounge access is included in a Premium Economy ticket, but can a Premium Economy passenger guest someone into the JAL lounge? If so, any restrictions on guest being on the same flight, another OneWorld flight, etc.?

Thanks in advance!
no
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Thank you.

Originally Posted by cscube

I ended up calling JL and they said that a AA codeshare on AS metal would receive flyon points. I'm not going to end up doing it, so I'm sorry that I won't be able to confirm since my plans have since changed and I'll be taking a US dba AA flight instead. At least I'm 100% sure I'll get flyon points for that flight, albeit 50% based on the fare.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:44 pm

Thank you.

I ended up calling JL and they said that a AA codeshare on AS metal would receive flyon points. I'm not going to end up doing it, so I'm sorry that I won't be able to confirm since my plans have since changed and I'll be taking a US dba AA flight instead. At least I'm 100% sure I'll get flyon points for that flight, albeit 50% based on the fare.
Great! Thank you! ^
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:32 pm

Sakitoku fares

Hi,

Could someone please let me know if there is a pattern to when blocks of Sakitoku fares are released?

The current block runs until 26/03/16, but when does the next block go on sale, and would it actually start from 27/03/16, or could it be some other date in the future?

Thanks in advance,
EI147
Old Nov 4, 2015, 3:42 pm

Hi,

I want to book two Business Class tickets for LAX --> KIX on April 6, 2016

Right now the BA Avios site is showing unavailable.

Is there any chance I can wait for this to become available?

My plan is to book through AA, any tips there?

Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
JAL J seats USA west coast - BKK

Hi. I'm new to JAL so please be gentle...

I'm putting together an award trip between the US west coast and Thailand, and am interested in trying the J Sky Suite seats on JAL, at least one way. I can go through LAX, SFO or YVR (all of which are, I believe, served by JAL), destination BKK.

As best I've been able to determine from reading threads here and searching flights on JAL.com and elsewhere, the nice Sky Suite seats are available on flights between SFO/LAX and NRT/HND (YVR to Japan gets the 787 with what sure looks like a lesser seat). Connecting from either NRT or HND to BKK, it looks like regional J with an angle-almost-flat-recliner. I'd really like to try Sky Suite, but would rather avoid the lesser seats for a flight between Tokyo and Bangkok (I know, First World Problem for sure, still...).

Am I missing any options here that would get me between BKK and LAX/SFO/YVR without having to "tough it out" in a lesser seat on either leg?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Hi. I'm new to JAL so please be gentle...

I'm putting together an award trip between the US west coast and Thailand, and am interested in trying the J Sky Suite seats on JAL, at least one way. I can go through LAX, SFO or YVR (all of which are, I believe, served by JAL), destination BKK.

As best I've been able to determine from reading threads here and searching flights on JAL.com and elsewhere, the nice Sky Suite seats are available on flights between SFO/LAX and NRT/HND (YVR to Japan gets the 787 with what sure looks like a lesser seat). Connecting from either NRT or HND to BKK, it looks like regional J with an angle-almost-flat-recliner. I'd really like to try Sky Suite, but would rather avoid the lesser seats for a flight between Tokyo and Bangkok (I know, First World Problem for sure, still...).

Am I missing any options here that would get me between BKK and LAX/SFO/YVR without having to "tough it out" in a lesser seat on either leg?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
One of the rotations on Haneda Bangkok has a Skysuite 767 sort of mid December, then it disappears again. I think that 767 is only there in low season. I have had it before to Bangkok. With JAL there are no options to avoid the lesser seat to Bangkok until 26th of March at least. What happens after that is an open Question.

Tokyo Bangkok is a short'ish regional flight, as long as you are not on an overnight flight, the seats offered are fine for the distance. IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.