Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:40 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by maortega15
It's not that I have high standards, I just thought that JAL would be offering something more proper especially in Business with JAL being highly regarded. But I don't mind.

I won't be flying for a while but by the time I fly, JAL will only offer 767's. On the way back, I'll be flying through NRT. I really wanted to try out the 787 but it seems that the 767 will be used instead. It's a real bummer but at least the 767 is a new aircraft type for me to give a try.

I'll be on the 777 from NGO-HNL. I'm sure that has an underbelly, correct?

Thanks everybody. Looking forward to my flights.
There should be underbelly camera on 777-200ER though you are stuck with the oldest long-haul C seat in service. Depending on your build, you may find the NEO seats on 788 more comfortable than the SKY SUITE II on 767. They could be a bit too narrow although the pillow is so much better on SS6.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
There should be underbelly camera on 777-200ER though you are stuck with the oldest long-haul C seat in service. Depending on your build, you may find the NEO seats on 788 more comfortable than the SKY SUITE II on 767. They could be a bit too narrow although the pillow is so much better on SS6.
Thanks JAL, you've been a big help.

Lastly, I assume that there will be no 787 flights to be had to Honolulu from October-January? If so, a real bummer.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by maortega15
This is the UDON de SKY on the menu. It is just an instant cup udon from Nissin.

https://twitter.com/JALPak/status/521163876688080897
https://twitter.com/JALPak/status/521163682579886081
Thats it?!

I was expecting something "fresh" if you want to call it that similar to CX's noodles in J. Is it good by any chance? Also, do they serve it direct from the Nissin container or in a proper bowl? I'll be flying in Business.

Moving on, curious to know if the retrofitted 767 with the staggered suites have an underbelly camera.

For those who have flown to/from Honolulu on JAL in Business, do they give amenity kits? If so, what kind? And hows the food from Nagoya and Honolulu? I read the menu, but curious to know the taste, amount of food they give and other details.

Thanks again.
Hey pal i looked back at my photos, the udon in business class is some pseudo-real udon served in a porcelain bowl, not the pre-fried nissan udon served in a polystyrene cup.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Actually i apologize, hnl gets udon de sky yuck
Old May 5, 2015, 1:13 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I haven't flown with JL in a long-time...not that I'm too keen on it, but do they still offer MOS Burger/KFC on their US-bound flights? How's the Y catering ex-JFK/snacks mid-flight for JFK-NRT?

Thanks,
BMB
Old May 5, 2015, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I haven't flown with JL in a long-time...not that I'm too keen on it, but do they still offer MOS Burger/KFC on their US-bound flights? How's the Y catering ex-JFK/snacks mid-flight for JFK-NRT?

Thanks,
BMB
JFK-NRT menu for May
http://www.jal.co.jp/inflight/inter/...y_m_201505.pdf

NRT-JFK menu for May

You can do the menu search for your month on http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/economy/

Yes, still MOS Burger for NRT-JFK till Aug 31 2015.

Other than the brownie you got in May on ex-JFK, there's SKY OASIS, a self-served snack (junk food)/drink bar in Y.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...31-2015-a.html

Haven't flown Y ex-JFK but ex-JFK F catering is good. Unless things have changed (I don't fly out of JFK often), I would rate that above ex-LAX.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Free agent!
I'm flying JL ICN - NRT in a few months, connecting to SQ NRT - LAX on two separate tickets. Will I have any trouble at ICN having my baggage checked all the way through to LAX if I show them my itinerary/other proof that I'll be flying on SQ from NRT on the same day?
Old May 5, 2015, 9:45 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

JFK-NRT menu for May

NRT-JFK menu for May

You can do the menu search for your month on http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/economy/

Yes, still MOS Burger for NRT-JFK till Aug 31 2015.

Other than the brownie you got in May on ex-JFK, there's SKY OASIS, a self-served snack (junk food)/drink bar in Y.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...31-2015-a.html

Haven't flown Y ex-JFK but ex-JFK F catering is good. Unless things have changed (I don't fly out of JFK often), I would rate that above ex-LAX.
Thanks for your detailed reply, JALPak!

I don't usually fret about meals from Japan-based carriers, but I figured the folks in this forum would have something salient to say anyway.

Also, have you (or anyone else) heard that for int'l passengers transiting NRT, certain lounge facilities are now free?
Old May 5, 2015, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Thanks for your detailed reply, JALPak!

I don't usually fret about meals from Japan-based carriers, but I figured the folks in this forum would have something salient to say anyway.

Also, have you (or anyone else) heard that for int'l passengers transiting NRT, certain lounge facilities are now free?
I have not seen any lounge campaigns from JAL recently, is this from JL or from the airport we are talking about?
Old May 5, 2015, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have not seen any lounge campaigns from JAL recently, is this from JL or from the airport we are talking about?
Maybe he's referring to the Narita Sky Lounge and Gallery Toto?
Old May 6, 2015, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Maybe he's referring to the Narita Sky Lounge and Gallery Toto?
Hence the clarifying question if it was airport or JL facilities we were talking about.... :-)
Old May 6, 2015, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Guava
One hour to connect should be sufficient in most cases. You will not need to clear the immigration in NRT given that you are merely transiting int'l to int'l. Make sure you have your connecting boarding pass on hands for verification, there is a line that will send you right back to international departure zone as long as you follow the connecting flights signage.
I could swear that I thanked you for this, but don't see it. So thanks.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A little sidetrack from the fully JAL topics.

As the walkway to the satellite building is nearing completion of the renovation there is now a "Toto Toilet Gallery", showcasing Toto's best restroom technologies. It is pretty funky. Check it out if you have a bit of time to kill. It is in the middle of the walkway between the main building and the satellite building.

If you don't know Toto, they are the company behind ~90% of the advanced toilets in Japan.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A little sidetrack from the fully JAL topics.

As the walkway to the satellite building is nearing completion of the renovation there is now a "Toto Toilet Gallery", showcasing Toto's best restroom technologies. It is pretty funky. Check it out if you have a bit of time to kill. It is in the middle of the walkway between the main building and the satellite building.

If you don't know Toto, they are the company behind ~90% of the advanced toilets in Japan.
The sky lounge looks pretty nice from the pics too.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The sky lounge looks pretty nice from the pics too.
Forgot to check that one yesterday, was a bit busy with wrapping up some work items before walking to the gate. Must set my next flight from Narita as well and report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.