Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:16 pm
McG

Programs: BAEC
Do the JAL lounges have a dress code?
I'm flying BA out of HND next week and have lounge access as flying biz class.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by McG
Do the JAL lounges have a dress code?
I'm flying BA out of HND next week and have lounge access as flying biz class.
Tracksuit mandatory. Of course they don't.

Btw, drink up on the japanese whisky and the beef curry...yum yum.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:59 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mkjr
Tracksuit mandatory. Of course they don't.

Btw, drink up on the japanese whisky and the beef curry...yum yum.
I thought you have to go topless nowadays LOL
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: United Premier
Is an hour enough for me to come out of security and go back in again (with some quick shopping in between)?

Flying TPE-KIX-LAX early next month in JAL J (if that makes any difference).

Wife and friends are asking me to buy some stuff that are located inside KIX (outside of security area).

Will this be doable at all or I can forget it?

I have 1:45 exactly between arrival and next departure. Assuming I need to be at gate 30min prior departure, that leaves me around 1:15. Anyone knows how long does it usually take for one to clear immigration+security at KIX? Flight would be in the afternoon

Thx!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by JALPak
I thought you have to go topless nowadays LOL
ha ha touche!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JayEX35
Is an hour enough for me to come out of security and go back in again (with some quick shopping in between)?

Wife and friends are asking me to buy some stuff that are located inside KIX (outside of security area).

I have 1:45 exactly between arrival and next departure. Assuming I need to be at gate 30min prior departure, that leaves me around 1:15. Anyone knows how long does it usually take for one to clear immigration+security at KIX? Flight would be in the afternoon

Thx!
The immigration officer may not even let you in
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
The immigration officer may not even let you in
Really? I have done it last time at NRT (albeit I had a bit more time, like 2.5hrs) and the immi. officer was very nice.

When he asked what I was going to do, I just told him I'd be at 7-11 to buy 2 things, a few packs of cig and the ever so evil Pocky.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Really? I have done it last time at NRT (albeit I had a bit more time, like 2.5hrs) and the immi. officer was very nice.

When he asked what I was going to do, I just told him I'd be at 7-11 to buy 2 things, a few packs of cig and the ever so evil Pocky.
It all depends on how much time you have left before your next flight and the officer.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:14 am

I will be flying JL9 ORD-NRT First and then next morning connecting flight JL 725 NRT-CGK Biz on the new SS9. Unfortunately they are discontinuing F with the new 787-9.
Will they let me in to the First class lounge after landing on JL9 even though my connecting J is next day?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Voyaging
I will be flying JL9 ORD-NRT First and then next morning connecting flight JL 725 NRT-CGK Biz on the new SS9. Unfortunately they are discontinuing F with the new 787-9.
Will they let me in to the First class lounge after landing on JL9 even though my connecting J is next day?
You can't access the lounge upon arrival, as your flight is the next day and NRT closes overnight they are not going to let you in to the departure area. Arrivals and departures are different levels.

Since it is a long haul to long haul connection, and the following day, they are unlikely to grant you access to the F lounge on departure . But you can always, bring your old boarding pass, ask nicely and see what happens. I would not have high hopes though.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Does JAL have a process for getting credit for the original routing?
Due to a weather cancellation I was rerouted from AA to United for part of a trip. Since it was an AA ticket (001 ticket stock) to begin with, I guess my chances are slim to none. But it did make me wonder does JAL even operate this option?
(I asked in the AA forum for the specific case, to which the answer was "a case for JL")
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire

Thx!
It really depends on how many people are queuing to go through immigration...

I read an article a week ago, saying Japanese immigration is under huge pressure. During peak hours, even managers need to sit on the front line, as there aren't enough officers to deal with the sheer amount of passengers. They also mentioned KIX's immigration is in a particularly bad state due to the growth and as there are more non-Japanese passing through KIX than Japanese now.

If your flight is on Friday, Saturday or any national holiday of the surrounding countries, I would suggest that you simply give-up. Not to mention, in some surrounding countries July and August are school holidays.

Just a quick look at the immigration hall will give you an idea if you have enough time.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You can't access the lounge upon arrival, as your flight is the next day and NRT closes overnight they are not going to let you in to the departure area. Arrivals and departures are different levels.

Since it is a long haul to long haul connection, and the following day, they are unlikely to grant you access to the F lounge on departure . But you can always, bring your old boarding pass, ask nicely and see what happens. I would not have high hopes though.

Thanks for the response CPH-Flyer. I have a hotel reservation near NRT for the overnight stay but was hoping I could pop in to the F lounge just for a half hour experience and then leave. I'll see if the F boarding pass will fly but I think you're right i should not have high hopes.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by nshizuka25
It really depends on how many people are queuing to go through immigration...

I read an article a week ago, saying Japanese immigration is under huge pressure. During peak hours, even managers need to sit on the front line, as there aren't enough officers to deal with the sheer amount of passengers. They also mentioned KIX's immigration is in a particularly bad state due to the growth and as there are more non-Japanese passing through KIX than Japanese now.

If your flight is on Friday, Saturday or any national holiday of the surrounding countries, I would suggest that you simply give-up. Not to mention, in some surrounding countries July and August are school holidays.

Just a quick look at the immigration hall will give you an idea if you have enough time.
Thx!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:51 am

We have a 12:05am flight in F on JAL from Haneda to San Francisco and I was trying to figure out how early we could check our bags (we are going to try and run to Tokyo for a couple hours)? I did try looking but did not have any luck.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.