Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, National Exec
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Not that rare, and the FAs wont even bat an eye as long as it is USB-powered or powered by small size batteries (no large batteries to deal with), QUIET (not a strangely noisy fan that would disturb the cabin).
YouTube search it and you will see examples of people with USB fans on the JAL international flights.
I personally have a small hand-held AA battery powered fan, a popular item to have to cope with the hot Japanese summers, and I use it on JAL/ANA flights when needed.
Wonderful! Thank you for the reply I'll do some research and grab a couple before our trip. I'm used to layering up on planes, so this will certainly be different!

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Try to get window seats on the right side westbound and left side eastbound to avoid solar heating as much as possible. There's a thread about cabin temperatures and mitigation strategies

JAL - Hot Cabin
Gotta admit, I wouldn't have thought of that! We're on the left side going both ways, but I'll see if I can move our seats. Excellent idea and thank you for the thread link!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
overnight at HND, lounge access possibility

Question for a friend who is Oneworld emerald. They (couple) booked the transit hotel HND royal something transit hotel, but was wondering if they are allowed to use the Sakura Lounge next to it the night before. ITIN as such: TSA-HND (on JL), overnight then HND-LHR (on BA First), so arriving around 7pm, the connecting flight is next morning around 8am. on website HND closes at 2:45am...Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Question for a friend who is Oneworld emerald. They (couple) booked the transit hotel HND royal something transit hotel, but was wondering if they are allowed to use the Sakura Lounge next to it the night before. ITIN as such: TSA-HND (on JL), overnight then HND-LHR (on BA First), so arriving around 7pm, the connecting flight is next morning around 8am. on website HND closes at 2:45am...Thanks in advance.
They should be able to show their onward boarding pass at the lounge, and be admitted until the lounge closes. The lounge staff may wonder why they are there so early for the flight, but just show the inbound boarding pass. Though I doubt there will be questions.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They should be able to show their onward boarding pass at the lounge, and be admitted until the lounge closes. The lounge staff may wonder why they are there so early for the flight, but just show the inbound boarding pass. Though I doubt there will be questions.
Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: asMVPG
Hello. I'll be flying LAX-NRT in a couple weeks in F. Flight leaves at noon. I see that there's a codeshare operated by AA to HND that leaves at 10:30 so would that imply that the JAL ticket counter will open at 7:30? I'm hoping to get to the Qantas lounge as early as possible so as to be able to have a great breakfast and let it settle fully before a great meal on the flight. Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a stupid question.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by chefraekwon
Hello. I'll be flying LAX-NRT in a couple weeks in F. Flight leaves at noon. I see that there's a codeshare operated by AA to HND that leaves at 10:30 so would that imply that the JAL ticket counter will open at 7:30? I'm hoping to get to the Qantas lounge as early as possible so as to be able to have a great breakfast and let it settle fully before a great meal on the flight. Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a stupid question.
No or does not mean that, as the passengers for the AA operated codeshare flight will have to check in with AA.

The check in counter open 3 hours before the JL operated departure.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: Free agent
Anyone have experience with tracking awards via BA now that the windows are different? Do they always match up as it rolls on to AA's awards? I'm tracking J/F awards.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Anyone have experience with tracking awards via BA now that the windows are different? Do they always match up as it rolls on to AA's awards? I'm tracking J/F awards.
You should really ask that in the BA forum, the JMB members tend to track via JAL.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:26 pm

Oh, sorry. I'll pop in over there.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Oh, sorry. I'll pop in over there.
No worries. They can hopefully be very helpful.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:17 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
No worries. They can hopefully be very helpful.
hopefully not too useful
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
hopefully not too useful
You still have 30 days head start....
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:22 pm

You still have 30 days head start....
I know
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is it a know bug that you can't pull up domestic tickets on jal.com via manage my booking? Made 2 bookings last night and still unable to pull them up, the system is just giving me a general error "A system error occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later." Checkmytrip shows both of the bookings confirmed and they have been charged from my CC.

Is there some other way to update my FF number for the bookings? Not too fuzzed about anything else.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:43 am

We have a two ticket flight coming up, JAL arriving from the US at around 4pm in Business and then a separate ticket on Singapore also in Business departing around 8:30pm. I've always been Oneworld to Oneworld so never swapped terminals, looks like we'll arrive in T2 and transfer to T1S. My wife likes to stay put in a single lounge, I like to lounge hop. When we go through transit security is it going to be possible to visit the Oneworld lounges in T2 then do the bus transfer over to T1 and settle in the ANA/United lounge a couple of hours before our flight? I'm reading the bus is about 10 minutes between the two, but I also remember Narita being quite spread out just walking from Transit to the single lounge.

If possibly how long would it take to get from the Sakura lounge in T2 to the ANA lounge in T1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.