Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by HughMann
From what I understand, the Bose headphones in F have two prongs. Bose headphones are nicer than my headphones and I would like to use them with my personal tablet. Is there an adapter I need to convert the two prongs to one? Is one of the prongs a power for noise cancelling? If so, what size jack is it?
You would need to find an adaptor somewhere, to bring the two to one. As far as I know, no such adaptor is carried by JAL. You would need to bring your own. None of the two prongs are for power.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
1) Helsinki is the APEX suite. I don't see that likely to change. But of course nothing is ever guaranteed.

2) if you are on an award, no chance of getting those seats until you get to the airport. If you are on a revenue ticket with BA flight numbers, you need to talk to BA, though I doubt you'll get anything until the airport.
Thanks for both.
Re 2, I am on revenue but BA said they are blocked, which is a bit annoying. Sounds like an airport thing, but I will try to phone JAL anyway and see if I can get one of them.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Thanks for both.
Re 2, I am on revenue but BA said they are blocked, which is a bit annoying. Sounds like an airport thing, but I will try to phone JAL anyway and see if I can get one of them.
If you are on BA flight numbers, JAL will almost certianly just say "Talk to BA" if you call them.
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by sodaisei
If I want to reserve a domestic award flight for the 18th of August, when do I have to make the reservation? 18th of June 9:30 am?
Well, logged in at 9:37 am and there was not a single spot available on that day.

It sucks, I don't know why I pay for a JAL card... honestly I always have better luck using avios than JAL or ANA miles for intra-Japan awards...
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, logged in at 9:37 am and there was not a single spot available on that day.

It sucks, I don't know why I pay for a JAL card... honestly I always have better luck using avios than JAL or ANA miles for intra-Japan awards...
I don't know where you are flying to but looking at some trunk routes I do see seats on the 18th, but they are not many.

It is the last day of Obon, there would have been a crazy pressure on the system to get tickets. This is one of the biggest travel days of the year in Japan. If you can fly on the 19th, the picture of availability is very different.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:04 pm

Does JAL allow you to book an extra empty seat? If so, what's the process for this?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chunkalunk
Does JAL allow you to book an extra empty seat? If so, what's the process for this?
You would need to call them to get the options. The homepage only mentions this for domestic flights.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:35 pm

I don't know where you are flying to but looking at some trunk routes I do see seats on the 18th, but they are not many.

It is the last day of Obon, there would have been a crazy pressure on the system to get tickets. This is one of the biggest travel days of the year in Japan. If you can fly on the 19th, the picture of availability is very different.
Yeah I know, thats why I tried being there at 9:30 but my stupid train was delayed af and was able to login at 9:37 when there was nothing left :/
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:36 pm

BTW I bought tickets for me and my wife for a KUMEJIMA - NAHA flight and when selecting seats it only shows one seat available... is there a chance the flight is overbooked? I will try calling JAL today...
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Yeah I know, thats why I tried being there at 9:30 but my stupid train was delayed af and was able to login at 9:37 when there was nothing left :/
I would not worry too much about it. in fact, i question whether there was space in the first place - for example, i don’t think they release space at golden week ahead of time. that said, if you plans are the least bit flexible, i bet you’ll find space closer in. i even managed to during this year’s crazy 10 day golden week!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW I bought tickets for me and my wife for a KUMEJIMA - NAHA flight and when selecting seats it only shows one seat available... is there a chance the flight is overbooked? I will try calling JAL today...
It probably just means there are no more seats available for advance selection. JAL tends to have a fair number of blocked seats.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:54 am

It probably just means there are no more seats available for advance selection. JAL tends to have a fair number of blocked seats.
Got it! Thnak you!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Use Amadeus to look up the partner PNR: http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx

Then go to JAL US site, Americas region, https://www.ar.jal.com/arl/en/ and go to View Reservation, use the PNR you got above to assign seats.
Used BA Avios to book JAL reward flights. However, the links appear not to work. I need to reserve my seats.
Does anyone have updated links or a different procedure to use?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pumatwin
Used BA Avios to book JAL reward flights. However, the links appear not to work. I need to reserve my seats.
Does anyone have updated links or a different procedure to use?

http://www.ar.jal.co.jp/arl/en/
pumatwin likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: British Airways
http://www.ar.jal.co.jp/arl/en/
Thanks for that. How do I find the Reservation number? I have the BA PNR and Ticket Number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.