Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:35 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Red259
Anyone know the hours on the sushi bar in the JAL NRT lounge?
7:30-12:30 and 15:00-20:00
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JALPak

7:30-12:30 and 15:00-20:00
Thank you
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There is a highly annoying effect on the new website. Whenever there is a change to your booking, there is an indication popping up (not the annoying part) Once that is there you can't display the booking, having to call JAL to accept the changes. Half the time I don't get an email about the changes, so when I call I don't even know what has changed.

LATAM has shuffled a flight in on of my bookings 5 times, mostly 5 to 10 minutes back and forth which is not really worth the time to actually call JAL to accept.

Anyone else subjected to this new joy of the website?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is a highly annoying effect on the new website. Whenever there is a change to your booking, there is an indication popping up (not the annoying part) Once that is there you can't display the booking, having to call JAL to accept the changes. Half the time I don't get an email about the changes, so when I call I don't even know what has changed.

LATAM has shuffled a flight in on of my bookings 5 times, mostly 5 to 10 minutes back and forth which is not really worth the time to actually call JAL to accept.

Anyone else subjected to this new joy of the website?
aren’t they suppose to call you to inform you about the change? My biggest problem with the website is how it consistently mess up my name and claims I am not the traveler on the booking. They seem to put my first and middle names in random orders. And now every time I call, the wait time is horrible and the agent doesn’t even seem to know much and every question means another 5-10 min wait for the agent to check with ticketing. It’s just simple questions like how to use my JAL coupons on Yokoso bookings and me pointing out the ticketing fee the agent quoted was incorrect. I am not sure if these all have to do with Amadeus though. Wait time used to be great for me back in Dec even after the migration.

oh and the best part, JAL sent me the wrong ticketing deadline in email which doesn’t match the date shown on the website which caused a lot of confusions as well. It’s just a simple deadline, how can they sent me a date that’s different from what it shows on my booking!?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

aren’t they suppose to call you to inform you about the change? My biggest problem with the website is how it consistently mess up my name and claims I am not the traveler on the booking. They seem to put my first and middle names in random orders. And now every time I call, the wait time is horrible and the agent doesn’t even seem to know much and every question means another 5-10 min wait for the agent to check with ticketing. It’s just simple questions like how to use my JAL coupons on Yokoso bookings and me pointing out the ticketing fee the agent quoted was incorrect. I am not sure if these all have to do with Amadeus though. Wait time used to be great for me back in Dec even after the migration.

oh and the best part, JAL sent me the wrong ticketing deadline in email which doesn’t match the date shown on the website which caused a lot of confusions as well. It’s just a simple deadline, how can they sent me a date that’s different from what it shows on my booking!?
I am not sure what JAL's own policy is, but most other carriers seems to send out emails about charges. At least when it is small changes like the ones I have had recently.

I just don't understand why the website can't display the change. The old website had no issues doing this. It should not be so difficult.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:33 am
Original Poster

I am not sure what JAL's own policy is, but most other carriers seems to send out emails about charges. At least when it is small changes like the ones I have had recently.

I just don't understand why the website can't display the change. The old website had no issues doing this. It should not be so difficult.
At least before the migration, JAL always calls when there's a small change in my schedule. The old overseas website was able to display the change but some functions would be disabled till JAL was able to confirm the change over the phone. Haven't had a schedule change yet since the migration though.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Got a new website problem today. Bought the ticket online and JL posted 2 charges for the same ticket Called Amex and they told me JAL collected the money twice for the same transaction. This is simply bad.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a new website problem today. Bought the ticket online and JL posted 2 charges for the same ticket Called Amex and they told me JAL collected the money twice for the same transaction. This is simply bad.
I have had that happen before, once. I forget what airline now. One was reversed pretty quickly with no action required from me.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

I have had that happen before, once. I forget what airline now. One was reversed pretty quickly with no action required from me.
is it also an Amadeus airline? LOL
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is it also an Amadeus airline? LOL
There is a good chance that it would have been Scandinavian Airlines, simply as this is where I have bought the most tickets on my own expense. They are Amadeus now, probably not back then if they were the one.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:00 pm

Hi All!

I'm having some trouble getting my mileage from previous flights credited and the only option seems to be to send it in oldschool through the mail. However, I was wondering if anyone has had any other solutions (Europe region). Like via e-mail?

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
Hi All!

I'm having some trouble getting my mileage from previous flights credited and the only option seems to be to send it in oldschool through the mail. However, I was wondering if anyone has had any other solutions (Europe region). Like via e-mail?

Thanks!
There is an option to do it online.for the European region as well. I used UK as an option, if you select next at the bottom of the page you will be asked to log in and will be taken to the registration page..

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/121/jr/int_flight_register.html
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:10 pm

can we choose our meal schedule on first class JL3 JFK-NRT? hoping to sleep at the start of the flight

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dj903jd
can we choose our meal schedule on first class JL3 JFK-NRT? hoping to sleep at the start of the flight

Thanks
They will typically ask if you want your meal after take off or later. So it should not be a problem to sleep first, eat later.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:43 pm

It seems like I'm seeing conflicting guest policies for nrt first lounge when departing in JL F with no status.

On the lounge website it said guest just be on the same flight and the other page said flying a ow flight.

Will I run into any issues if my guest is flying on another international JL flight?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.