Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Red259
If Flying JAL F out of JFK which lounge do you have access to at JFK?
Lufthansa Senator lounge
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:06 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
If Flying JAL F out of JFK which lounge do you have access to at JFK?
LH
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Hi there,

I'm planning a trip for september this year. Before I'll transfer a lot of SPG points to my JAL account, I would like to know if the following route is possible: ZRH-HKG (CX F); MCT-DXB-AMS (EK F) on one award of 105/K JAL miles.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jongesander
Hi there,

I'm planning a trip for september this year. Before I'll transfer a lot of SPG points to my JAL account, I would like to know if the following route is possible: ZRH-HKG (CX F); MCT-DXB-AMS (EK F) on one award of 105/K JAL miles.

Thanks in advance!
i dont think so
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I'm going to Japan for the first time this summer with Mrs. LC and her mother. I am OneWorld Emerald through Iberia and we will be departing on IB from NRT T2 during the morning. Do any OneWorld Lounges offer any flexibility for an additional guest? If not, what would be the best Priority Pass option?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Hi there,

Thanks in advance!
Emirates partner awards cannot be mixed with any other airline besides JAL.
Furthermore, The distance of a surface sector between two intermediate cities will be included in the total itinerary distance.
So, even if you could book ZRH-DXB-HKG on EK (any cabin), expect to pay for the HKG-MCT mileage sector too! (rule here).
If you were to abandon EK and focus on Oneworld partners, then the rule on allowed maximum distance of the surface sector applies, further invalidating your itinerary (rule here)
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Emirates partner awards cannot be mixed with any other airline besides JAL.
Furthermore, The distance of a surface sector between two intermediate cities will be included in the total itinerary distance.
So, even if you could book ZRH-DXB-HKG on EK (any cabin), expect to pay for the HKG-MCT mileage sector too! (rule here).
If you were to abandon EK and focus on Oneworld partners, then the rule on allowed maximum distance of the surface sector applies, further invalidating your itinerary (rule here)
Thanks a lot. Ofcourse not the answer I was hoping for, but very helpfull.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Hi there,

Thanks in advance!
EK award must be "EK" designated flights operated by Emirates (EK)
You can't mix EK with ohter airlines (including JL).

You can mix oneworld airlines for oneworld award.
And mileage calculation rule is

JAL Mileage Bank - oneworld Award Tickets Chart
The required mileage is determined based on the total trip distance (miles), the distance of total award itinerary, and the class of service traveled. The distance of any surface sector is not included in total trip distance (miles).
However, only one surface sector is permitted.
See JAL Mileage Bank - oneworld Award Tickets : Conditions for Using Awards

Flight Sectors and Stopovers
For each award, a maximum of 8 flight sectors excluding surface sectorswill be permitted in the whole itinerary.

One surface sector is permitted in the whole itinerary.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I'm going to Japan for the first time this summer with Mrs. LC and her mother. I am OneWorld Emerald through Iberia and we will be departing on IB from NRT T2 during the morning. Do any OneWorld Lounges offer any flexibility for an additional guest? If not, what would be the best Priority Pass option?
This is Japan, they are sticklers for rules, no chance of getting an extra guest in the lounge.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I want to switch to an evening JAL flight in first NRT-JFK. Flight isn't for several weeks. No award availability right now and it looks like 4 of 8 seats are taken. What are the chances one of those remaining seats will open up closer in with the cabin already half full?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I want to switch to an evening JAL flight in first NRT-JFK. Flight isn't for several weeks. No award availability right now and it looks like 4 of 8 seats are taken. What are the chances one of those remaining seats will open up closer in with the cabin already half full?
New York is reasonably good for last minute (2 weeks out) availability. However, JMB members can be waitlisted for upgrades from business to F, or for award reservations in general. Those will be cleared before anything is released for partners bookings.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
New York is reasonably good for last minute (2 weeks out) availability. However, JMB members can be waitlisted for upgrades from business to F, or for award reservations in general. Those will be cleared before anything is released for partners bookings.
I'll keep checking it. I just prefer the night flight because I'd rather be in the lounge in the evening and more importantly it gives me the day in Tokyo. Since its a Sunday flight it might be a bit rough.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: ba executive, AA advantage,
Could someone that has been in the ORD Flagship lounge on a Saturday mid afternoon tell me if it is very busy? Like 15:30 or so.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
EK award must be "EK" designated flights operated by Emirates (EK)
You can't mix EK with ohter airlines (including JL).

You can mix oneworld airlines for oneworld award.
And mileage calculation rule is

JAL Mileage Bank - oneworld Award Tickets Chart

However, only one surface sector is permitted.
See JAL Mileage Bank - oneworld Award Tickets : Conditions for Using Awards
Thanks a lot. So, if I understand it right: Zrh-hkg (CX F) - stopover - MCT-DOH-LHR (QR F) would be possible for 105/K?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
NRT arrivals lounge?

Arriving into NRT from LHR on BA F. Is there any opportunity for an arrivals lounge in NRT?
I also have PriorityPass, which 'suggests' this lounge?
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Lounges/Asia-Pacific/Japan/Tokyo/Tokyo-Narita-International/TYO-IASS-Executive-Lounge

"Location Landside - Arrival, Departure and Domestic transit only. "

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.