Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:42 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jix
so for the mid flight snack, do they walk the cart offering it at some time? Or do I have to request it whenever similar to J cabin?
Have you asked the CA? Probably quicker But I actually want to know the answer too.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Reading through JAL's posted flight menus and my photos, the midflight snack is only for PE and ice cream is served both directions as dessert for both PE & Y.

I've only done one trip since JL1/2 switched to daytime flights. To HND, CA served the katsu sandwiches from a tray. My photo timestamp shows it was about 7 hours after takeoff. I was napping on and off so it may have been available earlier or on demand. To SFO, I'm not sure when the midflight snack (boxed doriyaki) was handed out.
Attached Images   
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:33 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by JALPak
Have you asked the CA? Probably quicker But I actually want to know the answer too.
Well, the cabin lights just turned on and they walked the cart in PE and Y giving out sandwich and brownie. I asked for a udon de sky and they brought it from the back, many people in PE also got the udon.

After a quick 30 min snack time the cabin went dark again.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: JAL Sapphire, Cathay Pacific Silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond,
If I redeemed a jal ticket using BA avios, can I still use the lounge if I'm a jal sapphire member?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ReiWong
If I redeemed a jal ticket using BA avios, can I still use the lounge if I'm a jal sapphire member?
Yes, just bring your card or add your JMB number as the primary FFP.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:20 am
jix

I just completed a trip and went from no status to crystal and sapphire based on the calculation.

How long before I will see my status reflect?
Will I receive both the crystal card and sapphire card or just the latter?
What about Global Club invitation/registration?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jix
I just completed a trip and went from no status to crystal and sapphire based on the calculation.

How long before I will see my status reflect?
Will I receive both the crystal card and sapphire card or just the latter?
What about Global Club invitation/registration?
The status will change as soon as the flights post. As I guess there will be a few flights and thus days between Crystal and Sapphire, they will send a card each time you reach a mile stone.

Once you reach Sapphire, the JGC invitation arrives as well. If you are Japan based, pending you have a credit card as well.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:53 pm
jix

What is the relationship between JL and KE? I know they codeshare and JL recently allowed JMB redemption on KE, but none of the KE coded flights will earn miles? Or will they do it in the future?

Looking at a trip between tokyo and seoul and the JL codeshare is selling at 3 times the KE flight, JL also doesn't operate that many flights between the 2 cities, I thought it would be almost hourly similar to ITM-HND.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by jix
What is the relationship between JL and KE? I know they codeshare and JL recently allowed JMB redemption on KE, but none of the KE coded flights will earn miles? Or will they do it in the future?
Yeah, you only earn mileage on KE flight if it is JL coded.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald, JL Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jix
They would not. The relationship would be the same as between JL and AF.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Toki
They would not. The relationship would be the same as between JL and AF.
That is incorrect, you can earn JMB miles on AF coded flights

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jmb/earn/travel/flight/af.html
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:29 am
jix

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The status will change as soon as the flights post. As I guess there will be a few flights and thus days between Crystal and Sapphire, they will send a card each time you reach a mile stone.

Once you reach Sapphire, the JGC invitation arrives as well. If you are Japan based, pending you have a credit card as well.
Thanks, so I see my status so far reflected to crystal online but the flights that posted after that (1 day) did not contain bonus miles (55% JL), is that something that I have to wait longer or does it usually post with the flight?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jix
Thanks, so I see my status so far reflected to crystal online but the flights that posted after that (1 day) did not contain bonus miles (55% JL), is that something that I have to wait longer or does it usually post with the flight?
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/fly...iles.html#tabs
Services that are available to members from around one week after status qualification until March 31 of the second year following status qualification
Don't think you will get the bonus on that flight. Probably only flights taken after the status update will get the bonus.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:05 am
jix

Originally Posted by JALPak
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/fly...iles.html#tabs

Don't think you will get the bonus on that flight. Probably only flights taken after the status update will get the bonus.
Thanks I suspected so as well, should have timed my flights better.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Yeah, you only earn mileage on KE flight if it is JL coded.
I hope you are right but I'm not convinced yet. However on Sunday will fly from ICN to KMQ on a JAL coded and purchased ticket and KE operated flight. Will report back on whether I get anything after a week or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.