Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: krisflyer
JL69: LAX-KIX on the 787-9
JL35: HND-SIN on the 777-200ER

Given both are Sky Suite III in a 1-2-1 config, are there any seats that are 'better' than others? Looking at seatguru and dosent seems to be the case.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by makrxx
JL69: LAX-KIX on the 787-9
JL35: HND-SIN on the 777-200ER

Given both are Sky Suite III in a 1-2-1 config, are there any seats that are 'better' than others? Looking at seatguru and dosent seems to be the case.
Apart from getting a window side, nothing much different.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by sodaisei
If I want to reserve a domestic award flight for the 18th of August, when do I have to make the reservation? 18th of June 9:30 am?
anyone?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sodaisei
anyone?
Sorry, I so rarely fly domestic and mostly just pay the last minute JAL Card busines kippu (ouch) , that I never really studied the exact details of the release point.

Last I went to Okinawa, I did realise that even relatively close in, awards are reasonably available with a touch of flexibility in the planning. So that may become my new approach.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
JAL made a big thing about releasing award space 360 days ahead now, no? So you should be able to check availability already?

Anyway, with the exception of Golden Week, there’s usually tons of award space. I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem - and for GW they tend to open (very) last minute space anyway.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
JAL made a big thing about releasing award space 360 days ahead now, no? So you should be able to check availability already?

Anyway, with the exception of Golden Week, there’s usually tons of award space. I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem - and for GW they tend to open (very) last minute space anyway.
​​​​​​That was for international, domestic is following with 330 days advance booking for both award and revenue from September 10th
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​That was for international, domestic is following with 330 days advance booking for both award and revenue from September 10th
Right, apologies.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Is it possible to buy same-day 1000 JPY class J upgrade on domestic codeshare flights (in my case AY code JAL metal flight NRT-NGO)? Standard non-flexible revenue economy ticket.

Also, how do you pay the upgrade at the airport? Cash or CC?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Hi, couple of questions (complete JL newbie):

(1) Im booked on the 789 from HEL to NRT (JL414) on 20 Sept but booked via BA and can't see a seat map. Is it possible to find out whether I am on a SkySuite II or III? I've been put in 4A...

(2) Im in F on JL 43 HND-LHR on the way back on 23 Sept. Two windows are taken, but two are blocked. Am I able to release these? I prefer a window seat. I am BA Gold/OW Emerald.

Thank you!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:55 am
mhy

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch

(1) Im booked on the 789 from HEL to NRT (JL414) on 20 Sept but booked via BA and can't see a seat map. Is it possible to find out whether I am on a SkySuite II or III? I've been put in 4A...

(2) Im in F on JL 43 HND-LHR on the way back on 23 Sept. Two windows are taken, but two are blocked. Am I able to release these? I prefer a window seat. I am BA Gold/OW Emerald.

Thank you!
1) Based on https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/route/ti..._0331_0831.pdf it looks to be a SS9 (non-herringbone Sky Suite). Note this timetable is only up to August 31 though. I would check again in a month or so to see if they have updated timetables. Sky Suite II are 767s.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist

Thank you!
1. You can check online here: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...eat/index.html, which has information through October. It appears that JL 414 will be SS9 (not SSIII).

2. I doubt you can get those seat blocks removed ahead of time, but you can call and try.
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you!
1) Helsinki is the APEX suite. I don't see that likely to change. But of course nothing is ever guaranteed.

2) if you are on an award, no chance of getting those seats until you get to the airport. If you are on a revenue ticket with BA flight numbers, you need to talk to BA, though I doubt you'll get anything until the airport.
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:54 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
My waitlisted F award cleared and I already have another F award on a different date ticketed. When I cancel the existing F award online, does it automatically and instantly refund the award miles and taxes/fees back to my account and credit card (minus the 3100 yen)? Or do I have to cancel first, call in to request the miles refund and how long does it typically take?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jix
My waitlisted F award cleared and I already have another F award on a different date ticketed. When I cancel the existing F award online, does it automatically and instantly refund the award miles and taxes/fees back to my account and credit card (minus the 3100 yen)? Or do I have to cancel first, call in to request the miles refund and how long does it typically take?
It is more or less instant. There are no other steps to be done than cancelling. Have only done it twice, but it was quick and painless in both instances.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:39 pm

From what I understand, the Bose headphones in F have two prongs. Bose headphones are nicer than my headphones and I would like to use them with my personal tablet. Is there an adapter I need to convert the two prongs to one? Is one of the prongs a power for noise cancelling? If so, what size jack is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.