Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak

try SIN-BNE
Just not for Sydney and Melbourne?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:47 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Just not for Sydney and Melbourne?
they have SIN-MEL too just nothing from TYO
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
1 and 3.

For 1, it also applies to flights operated by non OW airlines. E.g. Bangkok Airways with JL flight number, or Emirates with JL flight number.
Thanks CPH Flyer, that's great to know, and yes, also quite handy!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
As we landed today for a regional flight, an announcement was made in 3 languages to let Business pax leave to aircraft first. JAL finally doing something about letting the premium pax leave first and not just let the Economy pax storm up front?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I don't think JAL has codeshare with QF. But yes, it gives a lot of extra options. Which is quite handy.
Sure, SYD-SIN-NRT was an option a few months ago - I didn’t end up flying it because it was relatively expensive but it was definitely there.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
As we landed today for a regional flight, an announcement was made in 3 languages to let Business pax leave to aircraft first. JAL finally doing something about letting the premium pax leave first and not just let the Economy pax storm up front?
They announce that on almost all flights I am on, though the closing of the curtains after business is a bit more irregular. My feeling is the latter depends on crew, and location if FA jump seats vs curtains.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:50 am
mhy

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by mhy
Quick update by the way. I just spoke to JAL domestic customer service and they confirmed I can use the Diamond/Premium Lounge at both ITM and CTS. Yippee!!! I told them (in Japanese) that the language on the English site was a bit confusing compared to the Japanese site (they should make it clear that they're referring to "Passengers connecting to a same day domestic first class JAL flight"!)

So to anyone planning a same-day mileage run within Japan - it might be a good idea to use Japan Explorer Pass to do 2-3 segments and then a domestic First Class ticket (regular fare) - that gets you in the domestic first class lounges for ALL legs
A quick update, I just did this mileage run and was successfully able to use the Diamond&Premier lounge at both ITM and CTS as well as HND. Was able to upgrade ITM-CTS to Class J at checkin. So I was able to experience all three domestic classes of service on JAL in one day Doing several economy legs on JEP along with a first class leg is definitely a good idea; the cheap JEP fare more than makes up for the F fare. However, I don’t think the +8000 yen for F is worth it on the short HND-ITM flight; probably better to do F on a longer leg like OKA-HND. They gave me a meal which I had to wolf down quickly since there was very limited time to eat.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Generally, JAL extends benefits to OW elites to the same extend that they do to their own. And the certainly do for OWE on the luggage, so I would expect they do on OWS as well.
So the official wording is that there is NO extra baggage allowance for OWS

the check in lady did extend a 'One Time Goodwill'

They only give extra allowance to their own Sapphires
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
The tickets are already difficult or ridiculously expensive to come by. But if you find a good source, I'd be interested to hear about it after you secured yours.
Scored one section B (Cat A) ticket.
Got it through the official Rugby World cup website after the general sales period opened. It definitely was expensive, but but once in a lifetime experience.. won't want to miss it.
It's also the bronze medal match so I won't have any idea who will be playing at this time either, hoping for a good matchup though.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
If I want to reserve a domestic award flight for the 18th of August, when do I have to make the reservation? 18th of June 9:30 am?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:30 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Does JAL block 1A and 1K on 77W by default until airport check in? Trying to get a window seat but 1AK are showing as blocked on EF and 2AK are occupied and flight has F3 left. Does calling in help?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jix
Does JAL block 1A and 1K on 77W by default until airport check in? Trying to get a window seat but 1AK are showing as blocked on EF and 2AK are occupied and flight has F3 left. Does calling in help?
Yes, blocked for full fare F. Calling is unlikely to get it assigned. Supposedly it's held for airport assignment if not taken by then, but I have seen it open up slightly in advance. I'd just keep checking back, particularly the days prior to departure.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:38 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by rustykettel

Yes, blocked for full fare F. Calling is unlikely to get it assigned. Supposedly it's held for airport assignment if not taken by then, but I have seen it open up slightly in advance. I'd just keep checking back, particularly the days prior to departure.
it’s not blocked for full fare only. Eligible flyers can assign these seats far in advanced. If you are eligible, then you can select them online. There’s no need to call
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:29 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by JALPak

it’s not blocked for full fare only. Eligible flyers can assign these seats far in advanced. If you are eligible, then you can select them online. There’s no need to call
What's the eligibility? Fare class and/or status? They're showing as un-selectable online so I supposed I'm not eligible.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I can select F as JAL Diamond, I suppose all OW Emeralds are able to select?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.