Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
I do not get it - all alliances accept new members from time to time and there is no problem with tier benefits/recognition - why is it so difficult with ITA?
Very likely because ITA didn't do the things right and also likely on the ST side when they wanted in rush to have ITA part of ST to avoid them going in bed with LH/*A. You likely remember also that ITA announced almost immediately after the ST announcement, that this could be temporary and they may go to another alliance if a non-ST airline was taking a stake in ITA. All this mess together and I believe the different agreements between ITA and the alliance and the ST airlines have likely not been finalized. Just my 2c.
TPJ and Smuffe like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very likely because ITA didn't do the things right and also likely on the ST side when they wanted in rush to have ITA part of ST to avoid them going in bed with LH/*A. You likely remember also that ITA announced almost immediately after the ST announcement, that this could be temporary and they may go to another alliance if a non-ST airline was taking a stake in ITA. All this mess together and I believe the different agreements between ITA and the alliance and the ST airlines have likely not been finalized. Just my 2c.
I could be wrong, but I reckon ITA status will not be recognised until it is confirmed that ITA will be remaining in SkyTeam. If LH buy ITA, I can't see that other SkyTeam members will push through the changes needed to consistently acknowledge ITA status.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Dan72
I could be wrong, but I reckon ITA status will not be recognised until it is confirmed that ITA will be remaining in SkyTeam. If LH buy ITA, I can't see that other SkyTeam members will push through the changes needed to consistently acknowledge ITA status.
Also MilleMiglia still exists, but ITA flies under AZ so maybe that's part of the problem.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Goldorak
That seems a fair appraisal. The website echos your 2cents' worth

Well, finalised maybe, or more likely terminated if/when Lufthansa takes over.
Smuffe likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I read an article not so long ago saying that AFKLM had found a fund to take a majority stake and they'd buy 10% (they can't go above until they pay back 75% of the grants received during the pandemic). The article also went on to quote the Corriere della sera saying AFKLM was the favourite at the moment.
Smuffe likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:00 am

At Amsterdam with KLM

As per what everyone has said - went into the check-in area with a travel companion who had sky priority on their boarding card - staff said only KLM can check-in there (even though ITA was on the airline list screen). They couldn't put the card in the system - they manually endorsed sky priority on my card and luggage. Used priority security and boarding with no issue. At the lounge they manually noted the volare number - me and a guest entered.
boonkoh, Smuffe and dubistokay like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:03 am

Volare Status - KLM - Munich

Anyone got any experience using volare status with KLM at munich?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by JetwayLife
As per what everyone has said - went into the check-in area with a travel companion who had sky priority on their boarding card - staff said only KLM can check-in there (even though ITA was on the airline list screen). They couldn't put the card in the system - they manually endorsed sky priority on my card and luggage. Used priority security and boarding with no issue. At the lounge they manually noted the volare number - me and a guest entered.
Thanks for this. Just to clarify - you were only allowed into the SP check-in area because your companion already had a boarding pass with Sky Priority written on it? And once you approached a check-in desk, they nevertheless assisted you by manually adding Sky Priority to your boarding pass, even though it was not possible for them to generate this by inputting your Volare FF number?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by dubistokay
Thanks for this. Just to clarify - you were only allowed into the SP check-in area because your companion already had a boarding pass with Sky Priority written on it? And once you approached a check-in desk, they nevertheless assisted you by manually adding Sky Priority to your boarding pass, even though it was not possible for them to generate this by inputting your Volare FF number?
I was only allowed into the SP area because of my companion but I didn't try arguing with the guy - I would have likely got in with my ITA card (since ITA was on the SP area screens). At check in area they assisted (I am also FB Silver which are allowed there so could have been that as well but judging by what others say it should be fine) manually added SkyPriority (I don't mind since I prefer crediting to FlyingBlue anyway) - not sure how to enter the Volare number online or on their system.
dubistokay likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by JetwayLife
I was only allowed into the SP area because of my companion but I didn't try arguing with the guy - I would have likely got in with my ITA card (since ITA was on the SP area screens). At check in area they assisted (I am also FB Silver which are allowed there so could have been that as well but judging by what others say it should be fine) manually added SkyPriority (I don't mind since I prefer crediting to FlyingBlue anyway) - not sure how to enter the Volare number online or on their system.
Awesome - I'm in the same position (ITA Executive / FB Silver), so you've given me hope for the upcoming trips
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: LA Platinum
I just flew with KLM, and added my Volare number as I explained, through the airEuropa website.

I would say that if the airEuropa site works for you, you are set. I was able to select standard seats for free for everyone on my booking, got Sky Priority and ElitePlus on my boarding pass, although I didn’t use any benefits as I was travelling with lots of other people. My bag tag had ‘Priority’ printed on it and my companions and I all got Zone 2 boarding.

I presume the lounge would also work, however I didn’t try.

Good luck trying
boonkoh and Smuffe like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Insano41m

I would say that if the airEuropa site works for you, you are set.
I tried a bunch of times but I only get errors. What browser do you use?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I tried a bunch of times but I only get errors. What browser do you use?
I used safari.
Smuffe and malmostoso like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
I am not sure, if the AZ charm on UX is still working. Just tried to add my utterly prestigious Volare number to my UX booking as AZ and it just gave me an error message.
I then contacted UX over Facebook. They were very responsive and came back in no time with an underwhelming "cannot add your Volare number, as we are still not having any agreement with ITA Airways". Never seen a more unfortunate case of an airline joining an alliance...
Anyone else with experience on UX? I have got two flights with them leaving from MAD in September and would greatly appreciate some Elite Plus advantages...
Smuffe likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:44 am

It’s entirely possible it doesn’t work anymore. Maybe just try to say it’s an Alitalia number through UX support? Maybe I just got lucky…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.