Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: ITA Executive, LH FTL, AT Silver
Originally Posted by Helinlouise
Hi,

I have status matched my BA Gold card with ITA and have been awarded ITA Executive status. I have a flight with Aerolineas in a few days time and want to take advantage of the extra baggage allowance.

How do you add the ITA Executive number to the Aerolineas booking as I cannot find how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Helen
Status recognition on skyteam partners is still spotty. I'd try giving Areolineas a call and see what they tell you, there is no way to have the status recognized automatically by inserting the code on the website unfortunately.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ludomaster
Status recognition on skyteam partners is still spotty. I'd try giving Areolineas a call and see what they tell you, there is no way to have the status recognized automatically by inserting the code on the website unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply will call them.

Helen
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
With AirEuropa on April 9 at Madrid Airport, did not have the ITA option. Inserting zeros under old Alitalia option, system took the number but didn't recognize status.
Agent could override for boarding pass to show Sky Priority, but that's was all. Could not get Fast Pass access to security.
Smuffe and Marschel like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: IB Platinum, TAP Gold, HH Diamond, Accor LL Gold
Entrance at the AF/KL lounge at Munich was no problem with a guest
Smuffe likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
Korean Air, they dont have their systems updated so they couldnt add my friends Volare number into the ticket but they did manually wrote the "SKYTEAM ELITE PLUS" on his boarding pass and every staff was behaving to my friend as written. They were extra nice to us, check-in, boarding and also after takeoff they greeted us on board and thanked us for flying with them... Mind this was domestic flights from Busan to Gimpo and we were sitting in Y in the middle of the plane haha... people were looking but it was so special for 30$ ticket.
Smuffe, Marschel, Duhh and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Plat
Anyone have experience flying Delta (international Y) and gaining Delta SkyClub access with their Volare card? I can't add my ITA number to the Delta ticket while checking in, so only option will be to try at the lounge door with the digital card.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
No entry at AF Lounge/Business Check In T2 CDG.
Friendly staff, but definitely NO access
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by ericd102
Anyone have experience flying Delta (international Y) and gaining Delta SkyClub access with their Volare card? I can't add my ITA number to the Delta ticket while checking in, so only option will be to try at the lounge door with the digital card.
Did you manage to get additional baggage or access to the lounge? Actually am more concerned about baggage
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
For what it's worth, on my firs adventure into the Volare website I saw this:

SkyPriority services are recognized only on flights operated by ITA Airways; Club Plus Members will also soon be able to enjoy the benefits reserved for Elite Plus Members on SkyTeam alliance flights

Not encouraging!
Smuffe and Marschel like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Was able to add it to my [domestic] Garuda flights. Appears to recognize it, adds some 0's and codes it as AZ.
Will report back on airport experiences.
Can confirmed that Elite Plus worked on Garuda, although manually. Check in staff took a photo of my digital card, and handwrote the status on the boarding pass each time.
Flights did not credit, however.
fridgy likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
For what it's worth, on my firs adventure into the Volare website I saw this:

SkyPriority services are recognized only on flights operated by ITA Airways; Club Plus Members will also soon be able to enjoy the benefits reserved for Elite Plus Members on SkyTeam alliance flights

Not encouraging!
What's the button for where you appreciate someone passing along some important information ... but you sure don't like it! ?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:29 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I put Alitatlia and the ITA number with extra 0 at the front on an Air France booking, will see what happens. Worst case at checkin I can ask to remove the number and put my Flying Blue number I guess.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I put Alitatlia and the ITA number with extra 0 at the front on an Air France booking, will see what happens. Worst case at checkin I can ask to remove the number and put my Flying Blue number I guess.
I'm afraid it's there because miles can be still credited to the not-defunct Millemiglia program.
ITA has no way to credit miles from SkyTeam partners yet, unfortunately.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:18 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
So no value. Whether I put my ITA to get the status recognized (but I am flying J anyway so will get priority + lounge) or FB to get some miles (I am nobody on FB) does not mean a lot.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:18 am

The best bet to have status recognized is to go to a check-in desk and ask nicely, if you're not flying ITA. YMMV on SkyTeam airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.