Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
My Saudia flight from Dubai to Bahrain got cancelled a few weeks ago so I flew instead with Gulf Air from Abu Dhabi.

I thought I would be able to at least visit the lounges in Jeddah with this trip but ....
Maybe on another occasion
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:32 am

Any experience on Vietnam Airlines?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
DL flight to YYZ

ITA status also worked for LGA-YYZ. Agent was unable to add the ITA number to my BP. After showing my card I was able to get my luggage fee waive, I was about to get charged, but I informed her that Elite Plus gets 1 checked bag free

I asked about the priority tag and she refused because the ffp # was not showing on the system.

I entered the SC no problem by showing them the ITA the card. But inside was like a zoo, and most seats are taken

My BP printed Zone 2, I showed them the card and boarded with Zone 1.
Xandrios and boonkoh like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:41 am

Tried to add my volare membership through AirEuropa but failed; managed to get it added through CzechAirlines website but it basically adds anything since I couldnt select my seats and I could even enter a different number and it would add. Adding this number would block my web check in as well.

anyway long story short; was able to use skypriority check in at amstersam airport for my Schengen flight. She couldnt open my membership in her system; gave priority tags and but my extra bag was a bit more difficult; since it was only 7kg and small in size she in the end checked it in as hand luggage.

no idea how this would have gone if I had a bigger bag but she tried to sort it out - probably if she would have called a supervisor this could have been fixed but no idea.

skypriority security no problem; my spouse was allowed to come along without a problem as well.
Even though its a very busy day at Amsterdam due to autumn holiday.

checkin into crown klm Schengen lounge with guest also no problem.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 6:40 am

I have redeemed a reward ticket through delta lately. It will be operated by China Airlines(the one from Taiwan). When I attempted to add my ITA frequent flyer number to Delta's reservation, I was not able to find the correct option. I'm aware of the previous problems with ITA's recognition. However, I thought it was already resolved. What kind of options do I have?

Here is what I thought might work:
1) Contact Delta to manually add it
2) Contact China Airlines to manually add it

Could you share your experience or any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by markmk
....When I attempted to add my ITA frequent flyer number to Delta's reservation, I was not able to find the correct option. I'm aware of the previous problems with ITA's recognition. However, I thought it was already resolved. What kind of options do I have?
not sure what gave you that impression. ITA remains in an odd position within the alliance. Outside AMS and KL, and a patchier relationship with AF-CDG, most successes in gaining status-related privileges have been through serious blagging and dogged persitence.

certainly you should try the avenues you suggest, but be ready to accept defeat.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Hilton Honors Silver
I can confirm that Delta does recognise ITA Airways. I tried to get into Delta's new Sky Club at ORD T5 and they recognised my SkyTeam Elite Plus through ITA Airways. The Lounge agent was able to let me in the lounge as it wasn't very busy in the morning despite Sky Club rules stating that no access granted unless I am connecting to an international flight.

I wasn't given access during my layover in LGA but the staff did say they will recognise it.
boonkoh likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by J343
I can confirm that Delta does recognise ITA Airways. I tried to get into Delta's new Sky Club at ORD T5 and they recognised my SkyTeam Elite Plus through ITA Airways. The Lounge agent was able to let me in the lounge as it wasn't very busy in the morning despite Sky Club rules stating that no access granted unless I am connecting to an international flight.

I wasn't given access during my layover in LGA but the staff did say they will recognise it.
Curious if you had the tangible ITA volare card, or a mere screenshot.

I'm stuck with the latter, so I have less confidence in lounge access.

Thanks,
Findingfoodfluency.com
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
not sure what gave you that impression. ITA remains in an odd position within the alliance. Outside AMS and KL, and a patchier relationship with AF-CDG, most successes in gaining status-related privileges have been through serious blagging and dogged persitence.

certainly you should try the avenues you suggest, but be ready to accept defeat.
I have contacted both Delta and China airlines. Neither of them managed to add the ITA airways membership to my booking. I was told by them to just try out my luck with the ground agent during check-in. I'm prepared to be disappointed.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by markmk
I have contacted both Delta and China airlines. Neither of them managed to add the ITA airways membership to my booking. I was told by them to just try out my luck with the ground agent during check-in. I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Also prepare to charm and cajole

Good luck !
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency
Curious if you had the tangible ITA volare card, or a mere screenshot.

I'm stuck with the latter, so I have less confidence in lounge access.

Thanks,
Findingfoodfluency.com
I showed my virtual membership card via Google Wallet.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:30 pm

Hey All,

Just to add another update.

I was again allowed in to the Delta Sky Club at Miami International AND Atlanta Hartsfield using my virtual ITA Volare card (I was flying MIA - LHR via ATL). I asked the lounge agent if I could enter using my ITA Volare Card whilst crediting the miles and XP into my Flying Blue account which was registered in my boarding pass.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by mtresc
Sitting in the SGN international lounge. On line check in for Vietnam Airlines at SGN did not recognize the ITA status but at the airport, I went into the economy line not expecting much and they manually added the ITA card number. I got the Skyteam Elite Plus status and was given an upgrade to the bulkhead economy seat in the plane. Didnt check in any luggage but lounge was nice. Also priory boarding gave me an access to a small mini bus to the plane vs the larger bus.

Last edited by sna430; Nov 8, 2022 at 3:13 am
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by mtresc
I can answer my own question in the meantime:

I was able to add my ITA number to a Vietnam Airlines flight booked online on their website. Upon online check-in the boarding pass showed Skyteam Elite Plus status. Airport check-in and bag drop was done at Business Class counter, bag was tagged as Priority (don't know about the additional free bag or free bag for Super Lite fares, since my fare included one bag already). At the counter we received better seats (in the front of aircraft), which were not available during online check-in. Lounge access was not granted for domestic flights despite Elite Plus status (seems to be a VN thing).
rt23456p likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Just checked ITA website, it appears that KE is their first "official" airline partner despite being in Skyteam.

Quick update: I used my ITA status on JFK-YYZ on DL last week, the lounge attendant allowed me in after showing him the ITA card, but I was told that I will not any miles on ITA program, and he manually added my VS number to the reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.