Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Digicola
Flew with companion in VN ticket (intl+dom) a few months back. I was STE+ (AF not AZ) and only I got SP benefits. Was able to guest him to lounges but when I asked for the SP sign on the BP it was a solid no all along the way.
Ah - thanks for your datapoint mate!
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
Just happened to me this morning. Had a call to the CS. Fast and smooth experience. They added the number (AF FB) and it's now visible in my booking online.
They confirmed me that you can't do it yourself even during check in as they didn't updated their IT
FYI they must have updated their systems as it's now possible to indicate FB number in the managing reservation page.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:34 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mmh_
FYI they must have updated their systems as it's now possible to indicate FB number in the managing reservation page.
Indeed, was able to add my FB number and select seats for free on an upcoming itinerary
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive
DL Experience US Domestic Flight, Main Cabin/Economy

Number added in DL reservation, showed Sky Priority on reservation. Used chat support to request preferred seating. Used sky priority check in counter with no issue, 2 free checked bags (I think, I only used 1), priority baggage handling, and Sky Priority boarding group, which is after first class and comfort plus, but before main cabin boarding. I was the only one in the Sky Priority boarding group. Points earned came into ITA account very quickly. As this was a domestic flight, I am not eligible for lounge access. This airport does not have fast track/priority security lane so I did not use that. Sky priority and Elite Plus was indicated along with my AZ number on my boarding pass.
Enigma368 likes this.

Last edited by priobagtag; Feb 29, 2024 at 2:39 pm Reason: sky prio on boarding pass
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by MRBeckz
What a coincidence! I was just wondering about if there are any new posts about adding ITA Volare on Air Europa booking. Thanky for sharing your experience.

I haven't made a complete booking yet, but I made some tests/steps of booking process (Air Europa). I selected ITA Airways under "Frequent Flyer Programme" and entered my membership number 000*****, and it looks like that the system recognize my ITA Volare, because it is free to add luggage and select seat at back part of plane (as you also mentioned). Afterwards I made the same steps, but with no frequent programme added, and then it cost extra with seats and luggage.

Would be interesting to know if it is possible to read something on e-ticket about Skyteam benefits, and what is says later on boarding pass about priority boarding and fast track.
Yes, priority on the boarding pass, fast track and lounge no issues (even got directed to the clubrooms at gatwick when I was expecting the standard no1 lounge).

In case it helps anyone, for my next booking I went through edreams (since it was a chunk cheaper) but was getting "the frequent flyer card has not been found" when I tried to add my ITA number on Air Europa manage my booking. After looking up the reservation on Kenya Airways I saw it had a random date set for my birthdate. No idea if this would have caused trouble at checkin, but had edreams online chat add the correct birthdate and I was then able to add it on Air Europa and add baggage, select seat etc.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:24 am

Just bought a KL ticket today. I was able to input the Volare number upon purchase. E+ benefits recognized immediately and I can see I have 1 checked bag on a Light fare.
Enigma368 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How did you add it to the delta reservation? My booking in the delta app still does not show ITA as a FFP option.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:30 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by thomas199023
How did you add it to the delta reservation? My booking in the delta app still does not show ITA as a FFP option.
An earlier poster mentioned using ME website
Old Apr 4, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
That did not work, any other tips?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:38 pm

To answer my own question, Delta CS can now add your ITA number to the reservation, and it rightly shows Skypriority on the boarding pass.
jumpallover likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by flyinglan
ITA works with Air Europa flights. I have done it quite sometimes ago. I was doing ALC-MAD-BCN on a very cheap lite ticket. SkyPriority shows up, I was able to checkin extra luggage, no problem at all.
I'm trying to add my ITA number through Manage my Booking, but get an error message every time. Booking was made through 3rd party, but is visible on the Air Europa website. Tried adding AZ in the beginning, removing 00, replacing 00 with AZ.

Solved: Who would have guessed that the trick a few posts above works here as well (self-sarcasm). Was able to add number through MEA website. I guess it's the same with many airlines these days, but it's quite pathetic that seat selection is free for me but costs for the other person on the same PNR.

Last edited by Alec84; Apr 16, 2024 at 1:48 pm Reason: solved
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:31 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Have you earned any points from these flights, and if so, was it automatic? Also, how many?
Sorry for the delay but yes indeed!
It was unexpected but a nice surprise, all automatic.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by Alec84
Solved: Who would have guessed that the trick a few posts above works here as well (self-sarcasm). Was able to add number through MEA website. I guess it's the same with many airlines these days, but it's quite pathetic that seat selection is free for me but costs for the other person on the same PNR.
As far as i know each alliance has at least one airline which is "magically" well connected with other airlines and help you manage your booking , even though there is no connection whatsoever
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines ExecPlat, Asiana Diamond
Just a bump, it looks like Delta added ITA as a frequent flyer program finally. it does show up on adding a loyalty program to your profile but you do get an error trying to save it.

Booking a flight, you can just change the FF to ITA and it accepts the number there just fine; just booked a Delta domestic flight and it shows 2 bags free and Elite Plus status.

The Delta app does NOT support it yet, just the website. So going to the itin on the app shows no FF# and also ITA is not listed in the drop down menu, however it will still show the status is there with the Sky Priority icon at the top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.