Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

I know the ITA announce that ITA Airways elite status use on the other skyteam still need some times. But does anyone successful use it on other airlines? I know like some airports in china will give the benfits and I wonder know if there's other airport or alliance can recognize the elite status? Thanks guys.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: ITA Executive
This morning I flew KLM on a LIN-AMS-GDN itinerary, and in Amsterdam attempted to gain access to the KLM Crown Lounge (Schengen).

Initially the guy on the desk turned his nose up at my (still valid, until the end of the month) Millemiglia CFP card and asked if I had Volare status. He said "they've recently updated the system for Volare". Anyway, I showed my "Club Executive" card on my Apple Wallet, he added this code to my booking (presumably overwriting my Millemiglia number, so will get no miles....never mind, I have a massive Millemiglia balance which I doubt I'll ever use anyway) and admitted me to the lounge.

I also boarded my Gdansk flight in the "Sky Priority" group, though I was last in the priority boarding queue and I got the feeling I would have been waved through if I'd proffered my bus pass.

But on this showing KLM (at least) are honouring Volare's SkyTeam benefits.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by fasteddie1971
This morning I flew KLM on a LIN-AMS-GDN itinerary, and in Amsterdam attempted to gain access to the KLM Crown Lounge (Schengen).

Initially the guy on the desk turned his nose up at my (still valid, until the end of the month) Millemiglia CFP card and asked if I had Volare status. He said "they've recently updated the system for Volare". Anyway, I showed my "Club Executive" card on my Apple Wallet, he added this code to my booking (presumably overwriting my Millemiglia number, so will get no miles....never mind, I have a massive Millemiglia balance which I doubt I'll ever use anyway) and admitted me to the lounge.

I also boarded my Gdansk flight in the "Sky Priority" group, though I was last in the priority boarding queue and I got the feeling I would have been waved through if I'd proffered my bus pass.

But on this showing KLM (at least) are honouring Volare's SkyTeam benefits.
finally. a friend flew KLM last weekend and was not admitted to any sky priority perks neither in NUE, AMS and GOT. Now FlyingBlue just have to add ITA as partner and give miles and XP for ITA flights.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Still no access today to AF CDG 2F lounge with ITA Status on AF ticket/metal: “We still have no information”.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:33 am

Dub - ams - gen - ams - dub

Hi all,

I flew Dublin to Geneva via Amsterdam on Monday (28/02) with KLM.

Dublin - no lounge access but the check in desk woman did give us fast track security however, it seemed to be a once off. No priority boarding.

Amsterdam - lounge access with KLM (lounge 25) after a 5 min discussion. No priority boarding etc.

Today )03/03) Geneva airport. No lounge access in either the KLM/AF lounge or the lounge ITA contracts as per the ITA website (Marhaba) as not flying ITA. When I explained to the KLM/AF lounge that I have sky team elite plus she stated ‘not in the eyes of Air France’ - yikes. So good luck to anyone flying AF.

Amsterdam KLM Crown Lounge 52 - absolutely no issue entering. Just talked to one of the women at the check in and they seemed fully aware of ITA and the ‘issues’ and was admitted with a guest in under 5 minutes. Hope this is of use to someone!
ItsWowStyle likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:53 am

Am flying SV in Y today dep AMS. The status matched elite plus IT card unknown at check in. It printed out on BP as AZ. At check I was told try my luck at non schengen kl crown lounge. Scanned BP there, didn't work said go get assistance.i seeked assistance said I have ST elite plus , and was welcomed in. Outside IT appears in list of KLs ST partners.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I've seen a really cheap fare on Saudia that I'm willing to try - but nervous about lounge access as it involves 3 stops.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I've seen a really cheap fare on Saudia that I'm willing to try - but nervous about lounge access as it involves 3 stops.
I arrived on SV to long transfer in RUH. On my onward BP there was no FF no printed as beforehand I removed the ITA/AZ FF. I told the interested guy at lounge reception I had the elite plus card and briefly showed it pointing to the skyteam logo. He just wrote the number down and quickly welcomed my to the SV Al Fursan lounge.
He had never heard of ITA airlines but he wasn't worried so lounge entry couldn't have been easier.
so go ahead and don't be hesitant.

​​​​​

Last edited by ElJudioErrante; Mar 11, 2022 at 4:25 pm Reason: Typo error correCtion
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:32 am

CDG Lounge 2E/L, on 10th March. I was told Status from ITA is not accepted yet.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:33 am

Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:20 pm

Flying Y on SV ex DXB the SV check in recognized the matched IT elite plus card, however wouldn't issue me lounge invite. Just told me to flash the card at skyteam lounge. I wasn't convinced. Anyhow went to the skyteam lounge. IT we don't have contract with them was firmly told. I asked if there had been other similar pax...yes about every 2 weeks.
Sent me to the opposite lounge which SV and other carriers use...I got blanked there.
only SV Y Pax with SV status allowed in.
I returned to the skyteam lounge, sweet talked the considerate manager...it's managed by marhaba, and he allowed me into marhaba lounge.
he agreed with me that I should send feedback to skyteam.
Smuffe likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Sebi1
That could change at any minute
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:04 pm

So arrived in transit in JED , was told at lounge reception that only SV pax with SV status can enter Al Fursan lounge...which of course is nonsense. I kindly explained showing the ITA matched card screenshot that I was skyteam status card holder and that there was no problem in previous lounge visits including at RUH. He said RUH has their own policy, I said it's same country. Anyhow he got on phone to invisible supervisor and was told to check my physical card and that the name on card matched the name on BP. I explained no plastic card issued, he said I must bring next time. I told him I ll be return soon. My name unique so seeing that he welcomed me in. Al Fursan lounge in JED far superior to that in RUH. I'll be back , will print the card and plastify it !
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:21 am

Any one had experience using IT elite card with Delta flights?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:50 pm

just chatted with a delta rep they have no idea when iTA will be added, which is odd cause DL has a few codeshares with ITA. Having ITA status is kinda moot honestly
Smuffe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.