Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by J343
Hey,

I posted my experience on anither sub topic about my experience with accessing AF Lounges using my Volare Status (status match from BAEC)

I had no problem in LHR T3. I showed my ITA Volare Executive Digital Card and my Air France Boarding Pass. No questions asked and granted access with my OH who was my guest.

Tried to access AF Lounge at CDG 2F. Lounge agent tried everything they could to grant access. Supervisor came and politely explained that only ITA Boarding Pass holders are granted access FOR NOW. He shared information that there are still no agreement signed with AF and ITA.

No problems and questions asked at ATH. Just showed my ITA Volare Digital Card with my AF Boarding Pass.

I hope this helps! I am due to fly with KL in a few weeks so I'll share my experience at AMS then.
Thank you.

I suppose it's best to keep expectations low then.
Old May 16, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Can confirmed that Elite Plus worked on Garuda, although manually. Check in staff took a photo of my digital card, and handwrote the status on the boarding pass each time.
Flights did not credit, however.
Which airport did u experience that? I flew with Garuda at the end of March 2022, from YIA to CGK. I added 0 number on the front, same like you and it was appeared as AZ at first on my screen but the airport check-in staff at YIA said they couldn't read it at all. Finally they gave up and asked me to inform ITA to correct their system aligning to Garuda. In the end, no privileges at all and no miles were earned. I knew that there's no lounge for Skyteam Elite Plus on domestic flight but at least priority boarding or baggage would help; but no whatsoever.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:52 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way of adding a Volare number to a KL booking so that it shows as Elite Plus?

I selected "MilleMiglia" and added the last 4 digits of my number (rest are zeroes) but I'm not sure that's the way.
Old May 17, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
CDG experiences [Mostly positive]

Backdrop:
  • Flying on AF out of CDG, Terminal 2E, to EU (non-Schengen) destination
  • First time flying as a Volare Executive (Elite Plus)
  • Paid ticket; could not even begin to fathom how I might add my Volare account number to this AF ticket
  • My Volare ID was a printed page of my card, in color, with Dear Biggie Fries, Welecome to the ITA Executive Club at the bottom
  • I went into this with a sense of adventure -- low expectations, to be sure, but also that sense of self-righteousness that comes from not being sure that you are actually entitled to anything. Also, I got to the airport a little early to leave plenty of time for "play."
Results:
  1. Access to Sky Priority check-in (part 1) Put on my best "This is where I am used to being" face, waved printed copy of Volare "card," and was let right in.
  2. Bag dropoff. There was only one person ahead of me in the line, which did not stop the process from taking forever. Belt was not working, either, so it was dubious as to who was actually going to take the bag. But the fellow at the desk did plaster it with yellow Priority stickers, and gave me a(nother) boarding pass, before sending me to their ad-hoc deposit system. I did not ask him to enter my Volare number.
  3. Sky Priority/Acces No 1 line access (part 1). Guy manning the entry was sending folks away left and right. Including me. He wanted no part of my printed Volare card. I pointed out to him that I had just arrived in front of him from his left, i.e., from the Sky Priority area. He did not care. No way, no how.
  4. Access to Sky Priority check-in (part 2) Since I still had some time, I circled back to the Sky Priority check-in. A nice support person there asked me what was up and I explained humorously that this was my second time around -- that I had already checked my bag, but had been refused entry to the priority lane for passport control and security. She took my printed "card" and talked with a colleague who said, yeah, fix the guys ticket with the number. Easier said than done. The two of them worked on it and worked on it, looked up the AZ prefix, tried and tried, but nothing worked. Finally, my original friend said that she would accompany me so that I could get the priority access.
  5. Sky Priority/Acces No 1 line access (part 2). That guy still said no! Even with his colleague there, explaining the issue. What followed next is something that could only happen in France: After a few minutes of back and forth, the guy said he would make a special exception for me, just this once, but kept explaining to his colleague how wrong this all was. I figured I was through, so, what the heck, be friendly, thank them both, but by now they had totally forgotten about me. I just walked to passport control with them still at the access point, arguing away.
  6. Passport control. Didn't seem to care how I had gotten there.
  7. Screening. There was a gal turning people aside, even though they had clearly come from the Priority side. She must have been trained along with the first guy. I did not even try to show her my Volare "card" since, fortunately, she was in an argument with someone she was turning away in front of me. So I just walked through like I belonged there. Which I sort of did!
  8. AF Lounge (K gates). Couldn't have been sweeter. Were aware of the new Volare "cards," and welcomed me right in. Had an excellent breakfast, too.
The highlight of all of this was the club (lounge), which made it (including doing the match) all worthwhile. The rest was more by way of curiosity; as is often the case, I'm not sure I would have saved any time if it had all worked smoothly with the "card," With more "wins" than "losses," however, it stayed fun. And, since I prefer having the miles credit to AF, the inability to change the ticket worked in my favor.
EDIflyer, zkzkz, Xandrios and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; May 17, 2022 at 11:14 am Reason: As per NickB below, non-Schengen
Old May 17, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Backdrop:
  • Flying on AF out of CDG, Terminal 2E, to EU (Schengen) destination
I assume that you meant non-Schengen? (Schengen would have been from 2F)
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Tried to access AF Lounge at CDG 2F. Lounge agent tried everything they could to grant access. Supervisor came and politely explained that only ITA Boarding Pass holders are granted access FOR NOW. He shared information that there are still no agreement signed with AF and ITA.
Another data point to share from a colleagues experience : FB platlnum and flying AZ-operated and marketed flight. She got refused at AF lounge in 2F.
Old May 19, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to be the first report of anyone gaining access to the CDG lounge flying AF.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hugolover
Seems to be the first report of anyone gaining access to the CDG lounge flying AF.

How about miles from flights with other Skyteam airlines - are any miles crediting ?

I note Volare's T&Cs aren't very encouraging in this respect:

Old May 21, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by hugolover
I also did it last week, flying from Birmingham to Barcelona via Paris, I gained access to the AF lounge without any issue. The guy mentioned something like "...until the 10th of June" but I didn't really get what he was referring to.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: TK *G
Flew a domestic leg on Delta from ORD, ITA's SkyTeam Elite Plus not recognised at all. Was told that they don't care anything about ITA Airways even though I showed them delta.com's page showing ITA Airways as a partner. Had to pay checked baggage eventually, was told to settle with ITA.
Old May 22, 2022, 3:41 pm

Flew KLM from Geneva (GVA) to Amsterdam (AMS) 22nd May afternoon. Flight was booked in Economy and I have FlyingBlue silver (which was on the booking since I couldn't put the ITA number on it). As a fluke I had sky priority when I checked in online - I didn't question it and used priority check-in and security without needing to show the ITA card. At the Air France lounge I was refused saying ITA status holders can enter the Dnata lounge only when flying ITA and ITA business class passengers could enter the AF lounge but not status members as 'Air France does not recognise status if it isn't on your boarding card and also ITA is not a proper skyteam partner'. Your mileage may vary with priority services but the lounge is a no-go at GVA for now.
Old May 22, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Better experience in Singapore with VN flying SIN-HCM. ITA status is noted on the booking and Elite Plus/Sky Priority on the boarding pass. No probs with lounge access. All good!
hugolover likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meliá Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus
Hey,

I posted my experience on anither sub topic about my experience with accessing AF Lounges using my Volare Status (status match from BAEC)

I had no problem in LHR T3. I showed my ITA Volare Executive Digital Card and my Air France Boarding Pass. No questions asked and granted access with my OH who was my guest.

No problems and questions asked at ATH. Just showed my ITA Volare Digital Card with my AF Boarding Pass.

I hope this helps! I am due to fly with KL in a few weeks so I'll share my experience at AMS then.
Please can I ask which lounge you used at LHR T3. Hoping to us my ITA card when flying KLM later in the week?
Old May 30, 2022, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dislikeofturningright
Please can I ask which lounge you used at LHR T3. Hoping to us my ITA card when flying KLM later in the week?
the lounge used by AF/KL in T3 is called No1 lounge.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: ITA
Originally Posted by dislikeofturningright
Hi, did you enter the NO.1 lounge in LHR T3 with ITA card? I'M going to fly klm too, does klm accept ITA in LHR and AMS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.