Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Old Apr 30, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I wonder if it’ll be sorted before my August flight with AF.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by OttoMH
I can't get my ITA SkyTeam Elite + number recognised on KLM. I will go to the desk tomorrow, but remember this being a total pain in the ... with Alitalia too. There was a trick to enter it with a few zeros in front of the number. Does anybody know how KLM can add it so it reflects Elite+?

Since everything is automated at Schiphol, if your BP says zero status that's what you get - so frustrating!
Elite + status wasn't recognised in the system but at AMS no problem to use the Priority check in. The system didn't recognise at the check in desk, but the guy at the service podium could manually add Sky Priority so I could use that. The lounge didn't recognise it automatically, but the supervisor recognised the status and let me in. He even tried a number of different tricks to add it in the system but none worked.
Smuffe likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
Anyone had any experience with Aeromexico? Neither Ita Volare nor Alitalia appears in their Skyteam airlines list while booking
Old May 3, 2022, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Protocol7
Anyone had any experience with Aeromexico? Neither Ita Volare nor Alitalia appears in their Skyteam airlines list while booking

Alitalia, ITA and Aeromex? Now there's a heady mix…..
Smuffe likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
I beg you pardon? Aeromexico is in Skyteam, on their booking system neither ita airways nor Alitalia appear to be in the Skyteam airlines list , hence I can’t insert my Volare Skyteam Elite Plus card number into the booking.
This is what this thread is about. Anyone more helpful than this poor comment?
fridgy likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: ITA Executive, LH FTL, AT Silver
The general rule is that there is no way at present to add ITA's code to bookings not made with ITA.
Official lounge access is restricted to the lounges highlighted on the website, with which ITA has official agreements.
Skyteam benefits for status holders flying on skyteam companies are usually granted, if the agent wants to, when checking in at the airport: yet, they have no obligation to do so.

So, for your specific case, I'd hope and pray
Smuffe likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I beg you pardon? Aeromexico is in Skyteam, on their booking system neither ita airways nor Alitalia appear to be in the Skyteam airlines list , hence I can’t insert my Volare Skyteam Elite Plus card number into the booking.
This is what this thread is about. Anyone more helpful than this poor comment?
A fuller version, for your delectation:

Aeromex finance's are in an interesting condition. There's been some concern about the carrier's survival: a situation Alitalia muddled through for years before crashing out. ITA is the AZ phoenix:it may not be around for long in is current form, but for some reason it was anxious to launch a FFP and follow its failed forerunner into Skyteam. Quite a trio.

The Volare FFP is so far a basket-case. It may, or may not, work for ITA services. The airline joined Skyteam but has failed to cement the intra-carrier protocols required to be a functioning member of the alliance. Intra-carrier milage credits are not working. Benefits and recognition for Volare members travelling on Skyteam are (so far) available only where goodwill allows it, or where the card carrier is able to blag his/her way through any resistance.

Aeromexico is unlikely to be particularly well disposed to Volare passengers, but it might be susceptible to gentle pressure from those with cards (virtual or plasic) showing affiliation to Skyteam. Chances of getting miles credited to a ITA account are low-to-zero: keep boarding cards and hope you can get miles credited later.
dc_traveler, Smuffe and TTmex like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Had two domestic flights on Aeromexico in Basic Economy a week ago. Could not enter the ITA Number when booking or checking in using the AM App. At MEX T2 I went to one of the AM desks after security and was surprised they were able to enter the ITA Number under AZ00XXXXXX. The new boarding pass showed Skyteam Elite Plus, Sky Priority and Boarding Group 2 instead of 4. Tried to access one of the AM lounges but this does not seem possible on a domestic itinerary. But agent confirmed we would have access it we had arrived on any longhaul Skyteam flight.

Did not try to check in bags or change seats, but was happy with priority boarding.

When checking in for the return flight the AM App would not accept the AZ00XXXXXX number that was now already in the booking. The mobile website did and produced a BP with Skypriority and Boarding Group 2.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Subria
Had two domestic flights on Aeromexico in Basic Economy a week ago. Could not enter the ITA Number when booking or checking in using the AM App. At MEX T2 I went to one of the AM desks after security and was surprised they were able to enter the ITA Number under AZ00XXXXXX. The new boarding pass showed Skyteam Elite Plus, Sky Priority and Boarding Group 2 instead of 4. Tried to access one of the AM lounges but this does not seem possible on a domestic itinerary. But agent confirmed we would have access it we had arrived on any longhaul Skyteam flight.

Did not try to check in bags or change seats, but was happy with priority boarding.

When checking in for the return flight the AM App would not accept the AZ00XXXXXX number that was now already in the booking. The mobile website did and produced a BP with Skypriority and Boarding Group 2.
It looks as though Aeromex hasn't purged Alitalia from its Skyteam recognition, and ITA has taken over AZ's system rather build its own. The string of leading zeros will strike a memory for ex-holders of AZ status.

Anyway, a combination of laziness that works well for us ITA card-holders.

On a separate issue, I have clear memories of using AM's lounge when travelling as an AZ Skyteam elite on economy-class domestic AM tickets. Is that a rescinded benefit in Mexico?
Old May 7, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ericd102
Anyone have experience flying Delta (international Y) and gaining Delta SkyClub access with their Volare card? I can't add my ITA number to the Delta ticket while checking in, so only option will be to try at the lounge door with the digital card.
did you succeed at the lounge?
Old May 7, 2022, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It looks as though Aeromex hasn't purged Alitalia from its Skyteam recognition, and ITA has taken over AZ's system rather build its own. The string of leading zeros will strike a memory for ex-holders of AZ status.

Anyway, a combination of laziness that works well for us ITA card-holders.

On a separate issue, I have clear memories of using AM's lounge when travelling as an AZ Skyteam elite on economy-class domestic AM tickets. Is that a rescinded benefit in Mexico?
AM access rules state Skyteam Elite Plus members must have an international flight for access (same rule as DL Sky Club access).

"d) The boarding pass shown by the client must be for flying to an international destination. In case the client has connecting flights, to access the Premier Lounge, such connecting flights must be from or to an international destination."
Old May 8, 2022, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by melissaaldric
AM access rules state Skyteam Elite Plus members must have an international flight for access (same rule as DL Sky Club access).

"d) The boarding pass shown by the client must be for flying to an international destination. In case the client has connecting flights, to access the Premier Lounge, such connecting flights must be from or to an international destination."
Thanks! I forgot that Skyteam has become (generally) less friendly to travellers on domestic routes than other alliances.
Old May 11, 2022, 3:44 am

Lounge access with Volare Premium at CDG 2F?

Has anyone been to CDG since 21 April? The ITA website says:"Starting from 21 April to 10 June 2022 passengers departing from Paris airport Charles De Gaulle, will need to go to Terminal 2 F."

It also says that they use a contract lounge at CDG. According to skyteam.com this is "Le Salon by Sheltair" in 2D. Loungebuddy says: "This lounge is only accessible for passengers departing from Terminal 2D, and is not accessible to passengers departing out of any other terminals."

Taken together and given that there seems to be no contract lounge at 2F, does it mean that I'll be out of luck regarding lounge access until 11 June with Volare Premium status, even when travelling on AZ (and when noz on AZ even after)? I will be travelling on AF from 2F in the period ITA uses the terminal.

One might be mistaken to think that Volare Premium status grants you access to the AF lounge at 2F, given that it's the terminal ITA is currently using and that AF is a Skyteam partner but this seems far too obvious to possibly be true, right?
Old May 11, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Are things changing with AF? I had a mixed bag in March/April where I was let in the lounge in ORY but they had to override something, then again in PTP, but it was a big no at CDG the same week. I've another booking with AF coming up later this month, do they recognise Volare status yet? I might as well get some FB miles and XP otherwise.
Thanks.
Old May 13, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by airotique
Has anyone been to CDG since 21 April? The ITA website says:"Starting from 21 April to 10 June 2022 passengers departing from Paris airport Charles De Gaulle, will need to go to Terminal 2 F."

It also says that they use a contract lounge at CDG. According to skyteam.com this is "Le Salon by Sheltair" in 2D. Loungebuddy says: "This lounge is only accessible for passengers departing from Terminal 2D, and is not accessible to passengers departing out of any other terminals."

Taken together and given that there seems to be no contract lounge at 2F, does it mean that I'll be out of luck regarding lounge access until 11 June with Volare Premium status, even when travelling on AZ (and when noz on AZ even after)? I will be travelling on AF from 2F in the period ITA uses the terminal.

One might be mistaken to think that Volare Premium status grants you access to the AF lounge at 2F, given that it's the terminal ITA is currently using and that AF is a Skyteam partner but this seems far too obvious to possibly be true, right?

Hey,

I posted my experience on anither sub topic about my experience with accessing AF Lounges using my Volare Status (status match from BAEC)

I had no problem in LHR T3. I showed my ITA Volare Executive Digital Card and my Air France Boarding Pass. No questions asked and granted access with my OH who was my guest.

Tried to access AF Lounge at CDG 2F. Lounge agent tried everything they could to grant access. Supervisor came and politely explained that only ITA Boarding Pass holders are granted access FOR NOW. He shared information that there are still no agreement signed with AF and ITA.

No problems and questions asked at ATH. Just showed my ITA Volare Digital Card with my AF Boarding Pass.

I hope this helps! I am due to fly with KL in a few weeks so I'll share my experience at AMS then.
scoonee, alex67500 and Marschel like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.