Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
AeroMexico

Data point AM:
adding the AZ number was not possible, neither online nor at check in. They did however waived the bag fee. Greetings from 25E.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 11:43 am

Volare Premium in CDG

Last January I flew from CDG with AF. My Volare card was recognized as SkyTeam Elite Plus by check-in and lounge staff.

I have now noticed that you can should be able to add the Volare card number to an AF/KL reservation, but the online system insists on a 9-digit card number—my card only has 8 digits.

I asked the AF WhatsApp team to add the Volare number, but they said they can’t add it. They also said I won’t benefit from the SkyTeam Elite Plus because my flight isn’t marketed or operated by AZ.

Have the rules changed since January? Will a Volare Premium passenger have access to SkyPriority, lounge, etc? I flew KL yesterday and had no problem in AMS, but not sure about AF now. Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 4:54 am

Seems to get moving

Received an email stating that:

“Dear xxx,

We are delighted to announce that Air France - KLM, who have been members of the SkyTeam Alliance, will now become Partners of the Volare program.

Air France and KLM fly to more than 318 destinations around the globe and as part of the Sky Team alliance, Elite Plus members can enjoy SkyPriority services , which include priority check-in and boarding, drop-off, additional baggage and other benefits.

On Air France and KLM flights, you will also have the opportunity to earn Volare points just entering your Volare frequent flyer number when booking or checking in.

For additional information, visit the web page.

Best regards,
The Volare Team

https://www.loyaltyprogram.ita-airwa...en_gb/airline/
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
With the new update, I was able to gift Premium to my brother instantly via the app.

I am Executive expiring 01/2024 and my brother’s card now shows an expiry of 01/2025.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by thibaultFR
With the new update, I was able to gift Premium to my brother instantly via the app.

I am Executive expiring 01/2024 and my brother’s card now shows an expiry of 01/2025.
Well this post had me searching the app....I could not find where this can be done!
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
Originally Posted by danam
Well this post had me searching the app....I could not find where this can be done!

On IPhone - Profile.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:04 am

Thanks for the screenshot. Did a fresh install on both Android and iPhone....don't see it on either. I'll be checking regularly just in case!
Old Nov 23, 2023, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Expiration date for elite status

Does anyone know when is the expiration date of elite status?
in the card, it says 01/24, does it mean end of January 2024?

thank you.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by flyinglan
Does anyone know when is the expiration date of elite status?
in the card, it says 01/24, does it mean end of January 2024?
yes
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:29 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by frenchft
Had flights with SV these days.
was able to add ITA elite plus number and get all the benefits associated (fast track / lounge / extra luggage / priority boarding). For the data point Kenya airways elite plus works like a charm too with Saudia.
Wow that's great to hear! The question is: how did you do that? SV app shows just Alitalia FF and at the call center they told me that it was not possible to add ITA on their systems. I would like to enter Al Fursan lounge in JED if possible using my E+ status. Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: RJ Platinum, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
In my experience, the Al Fursan lounge will let you in with anything that looks like a Golden card. Not sure if frenchft's managed to get the status printed on the BP, but last year I had a lot of sectors with them and it would never print, but I got to the lounges without issues and they barely even looked on my card in the app. Luggage was a different story though.
jumpallover likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thibaultFR

On IPhone - Profile.
Wow, thank you for this. I was able to gift Premium club status to my partner with expiry on January 2025
SPN Lifer and thibaultFR like this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:36 pm

Delta domestic US flight

Here is my experience with Delta. where I was in need of free checked bag due to Volare executive card

1) as people mentioned no chance to add Volare FP during ticket purchase nor online checkin

2) checkin agent was surprised that ITA exists, however still found the way to add FP manually

3) system didn’t recognize the FP as Skyteam elite plus

4) checkin agent said “tough luck, you need to pay for the bag”, disregarding the fact that I had actual card with skyteam E+ written on it

5) paid the checked luggage fee, immediately wrote to Delta support asking for refund

6) delta support replied promptly that FP number does not appear as E+ in their system, I need to call ITA and Volare

7) called Volare, no clue from their side, told me that they are going to write email to their tech support, and will call me back eventually

lots of ridiculous movements for $30, but trying to get to the bottom of it.

two options: Delta completely disregards Bolare FPs, or Volare don’t provide FP numbers with corresponding statuses to Delta/skyteam
priobagtag likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 2:14 am

No ability to gift status

Not showing on my app
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Finally got to use my Volare/Skyteam status.

Flying with Saudia, was unable to add the number to my booking and webchat/whatsapp were absolutely useless - as always.

Arrived at Manchester airport (UK). Went to business class check-in and showed my Volare card in my Apple Wallet. They added the number to my booking without issue. I was issued a printed boarding card with Zone 1 boarding and Fast Track printed upon it. Went through Fast Track security (with my wife) without issue and then used the assigned lounge.
Transfer flight at Jeddah gave access without issue to Al-Fursan domestic lounge.
Upon return the Volare number was already in the system when I completed online check-in. Hence boarding card showed all the privileges and (most importantly) I checked in an extra bag at 23.4kg for free. Once again Fast Track security and Al Fursan international lounge used without issue.
EDIflyer, jms_uk, boonkoh and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.