Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ffgap
This doesn't make sense. There is NO lounge access per ST rules when flying domestically (and the question specified domestic). If you want lounge access on domestic itineraries based on alliance rules, *A and OW are the ones to consider.
you are correct. My bad, didn't catch the "flying domestically". I have edited my post.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:10 am

Anyone try to use on China Eastern MU?

they not even give me lounge access and priority luggage....they just said "sorry system cant show, so we cant give you anything"... anyone knows how to add our card to their system so ground staff will accpet our card?

Last edited by martinxx0630; Jan 24, 2024 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
Originally Posted by martinxx0630
Anyone try to use on China Eastern MU?

they not even give me lounge access and priority luggage....they just said "sorry system cant show, so we cant give you anything"... anyone knows how to add our card to their system so ground staff will accpet our card?
I used it with on FM metal with MU codeshare back in early DEC. I checked in at the SkyPriority counter. No issues there. Also contacted them by mail at [email protected] for seat selection. Also no issues there. And lounge access, at NRT the Delta lounge seemed to be full. So they sent me to the JAL lounge. The lounge dragons seemed to be quite confused, but eventually allowed me in. Probably it was the magic of the physical Executive card.

I believe though that they didnt managed to fully add the card number to my BP since it didnt show SkyPriority. However, no issues also using the priority boarding boarding either. So I believe that with MU, at the moment, YMMV. However, it may be worth trying your luck at the airport.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:34 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, ITA Exec, NK Gold, F9 Diamond
Adding ITA number to Delta Reservation

I didn't see any examples of success with this, so I thought I'd post my experience. I was able to add my ITA number to a domestic basic economy DL reservation (for free bags) by using the ME website and my ticket number (didn't recognize PNR). I also had to go through adding some extraneous details (i.e., passport info) not really necessary for a domestic itinerary, but it did stick and my baggage allowance now shows on DL website as two free bags for everyone on the reservation. Hopefully this sticks at the airport, I don't see why not.
soy, jms_uk and priobagtag like this.

Last edited by J2daP; Jan 26, 2024 at 11:40 am
Old Jan 26, 2024, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA G, SQ G,UA S, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by J2daP
I didn't see any examples of success with this, so I thought I'd post my experience. I was able to add my ITA number to a domestic basic economy DL reservation (for free bags) by using the ME website and my ticket number (didn't recognize PNR). I also had to go through adding some extraneous details (i.e., passport info) not really necessary for a domestic itinerary, but it did stick and my baggage allowance now shows on DL website as two free bags for everyone on the reservation. Hopefully this sticks at the airport, I don't see why not.
Tried a 006 ticket on ME website, system couldn't find the reservation
YMMV?
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:32 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, ITA Exec, NK Gold, F9 Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffreier
Tried a 006 ticket on ME website, system couldn't find the reservation
YMMV?
Did you type a dash after 006? It seems the ME website won't accept the ticket number unless in the format 006-xxxxxxxxxx.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:13 am

Data point on air europa:
Selected ITA and added my number as normal through the booking process and was able to add a bag for free and select a seat for free (at the back half of the plane).
It did also say free for the priority boarding add-on but tried to charge when I selected it, although I assume it will be recognised on the BP anyway.

Was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was after the pain of getting the free bag recognised with AF 6 months ago...
Old Feb 6, 2024, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by tazxxx
Data point on air europa:
Selected ITA and added my number as normal through the booking process and was able to add a bag for free and select a seat for free (at the back half of the plane).
It did also say free for the priority boarding add-on but tried to charge when I selected it, although I assume it will be recognised on the BP anyway.

Was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was after the pain of getting the free bag recognised with AF 6 months ago...
What a coincidence! I was just wondering about if there are any new posts about adding ITA Volare on Air Europa booking. Thanky for sharing your experience.

I haven't made a complete booking yet, but I made some tests/steps of booking process (Air Europa). I selected ITA Airways under "Frequent Flyer Programme" and entered my membership number 000*****, and it looks like that the system recognize my ITA Volare, because it is free to add luggage and select seat at back part of plane (as you also mentioned). Afterwards I made the same steps, but with no frequent programme added, and then it cost extra with seats and luggage.

Would be interesting to know if it is possible to read something on e-ticket about Skyteam benefits, and what is says later on boarding pass about priority boarding and fast track.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by MRBeckz
What a coincidence! I was just wondering about if there are any new posts about adding ITA Volare on Air Europa booking. Thanky for sharing your experience.

I haven't made a complete booking yet, but I made some tests/steps of booking process (Air Europa). I selected ITA Airways under "Frequent Flyer Programme" and entered my membership number 000*****, and it looks like that the system recognize my ITA Volare, because it is free to add luggage and select seat at back part of plane (as you also mentioned). Afterwards I made the same steps, but with no frequent programme added, and then it cost extra with seats and luggage.

Would be interesting to know if it is possible to read something on e-ticket about Skyteam benefits, and what is says later on boarding pass about priority boarding and fast track.
ITA works with Air Europa flights. I have done it quite sometimes ago. I was doing ALC-MAD-BCN on a very cheap lite ticket. SkyPriority shows up, I was able to checkin extra luggage, no problem at all.
ringingup likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by nickal320
Last January I flew from CDG with AF. My Volare card was recognized as SkyTeam Elite Plus by check-in and lounge staff.

I have now noticed that you can should be able to add the Volare card number to an AF/KL reservation, but the online system insists on a 9-digit card numbermy card only has 8 digits.

I asked the AF WhatsApp team to add the Volare number, but they said they cant add it. They also said I wont benefit from the SkyTeam Elite Plus because my flight isnt marketed or operated by AZ.

Have the rules changed since January? Will a Volare Premium passenger have access to SkyPriority, lounge, etc? I flew KL yesterday and had no problem in AMS, but not sure about AF now. Thanks.
So is there a work-around for AF to recognize ITA number? Maybe add a zero in the beginning?

Just booked an AF award using Virgin points. VS recognizes my ITA number and its status. AF site doesn't see it at all. Chatted with AF agent and he/she said that their system could not recognize the volare number.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 1:57 am

Programs: SQ, QR, TP, Hilton
Personally I've tried

CI China Airlines - Works online, showed up on boarding pass 2023 Mar
VN Vietnam Airlines - Works online, showed up on boarding pass 2023 Jul
DL Delta - Nope, no option online, manual counter rejected at JFK. Emailed in to Delta for baggage refund success. 2023 Dec
Duhh likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
So is there a work-around for AF to recognize ITA number? Maybe add a zero in the beginning?

Just booked an AF award using Virgin points. VS recognizes my ITA number and its status. AF site doesn't see it at all. Chatted with AF agent and he/she said that their system could not recognize the volare number.
It turns out that I could input it but only at online check in! Why it doesnt work beforehand is beyond me. After online check in the status was recognized and I had no problem checking one extra bag, using fast track, accessing the lounges etc.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 2:09 am

I'm flying a KE itinerary.

The check in agent in AMS asked me "what's the two letters for ITA?", so not a great start, but she used AZ and status was recognised. So much so that the pursuers on both flights came to my seat in Y to wish me a good flight!

No problem with priority boarding and such.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:43 pm

Flying VN domestically and internationally soon - have inputted my STE+ ITA FF # in booking. Current booking/PNR has three other passengers on there. Does anyone know whether the three other passengers will also get SP benefits as they're linked to my booking and I have STE+? Any experiences?

I know some other airlines will let other pax on same PNR get elite benefits printed on boarding pass, given that I am an elite member with that airline.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:45 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer94
Flying VN domestically and internationally soon - have inputted my STE+ ITA FF # in booking. Current booking/PNR has three other passengers on there. Does anyone know whether the three other passengers will also get SP benefits as they're linked to my booking and I have STE+? Any experiences?

I know some other airlines will let other pax on same PNR get elite benefits printed on boarding pass, given that I am an elite member with that airline.
Flew with companion in VN ticket (intl+dom) a few months back. I was STE+ (AF not AZ) and only I got SP benefits. Was able to guest him to lounges but when I asked for the SP sign on the BP it was a solid no all along the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.