Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by milgom
What would the upgrade be for a Gold ambassador if I book the Twin Beds Opera View Deluxe Room? Thanks
Gold/Plat/Spire version of Ambassador will not matter, it is Ambassador that matters. Strictly speaking Ambs are +1cat upgrade, so definiutely at lewat Exec Room, but since you booked costliest view non-exec, I hope you may get J-S.

Since you booked Opera, the IC PLG may try to keep your requested opera view, even if J-Suite where to see Opera you need stand on balcolny versus direct view.

For me staying at PLG is not really about the view. A previous poster is totally correct, some J-Suites are stange layouts, essentially 1x big room, but Opera JS I mention have toilet as separate room my entry not on bathroom.
(In fact as RA, my IC-PLG says I take external view JS as an upgrade versus internal courtyard view 2-room suites)

Other nice JS could be 2nd floor over scribe, double width room, 2x balconys, with bathrooom situated between corridor and bedroom mking room protected from guests oin hotel walking outside your room.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Thanks for all the info. Yes, actually I don't care that much about the view... I care more about having a nice room.

The executive room is actually somewhat cheaper for the period I'm looking at, so I'm still kind of hesitant about maybe cancelling my booking and just asking for an executive room, i really depends on what upgrade I could get

That 2nd floor JS really does sounds lovely.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is it possible to join Ambassador at the hotel and use the certificate there and then? I read somewhere (in this thread?) that it might help upgrades?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by renwaldo
Is it possible to join Ambassador at the hotel and use the certificate there and then? I read somewhere (in this thread?) that it might help upgrades?
No the cert comes in the post with all the membership details and you need to present the cert when checking in for them to honour the free night, I think you would also need to sign up in advance for the 1 cat upgrade.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by shoven
No the cert comes in the post with all the membership details and you need to present the cert when checking in for them to honour the free night, I think you would also need to sign up in advance for the 1 cat upgrade.
Yep, have done some more research and see this is the case. Very annoying. The website is quite misleading I think, I'll add some pics below.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:43 pm

https://imgur.com/a/i9q4h - the FAQ on the site
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:44 pm

The benefits of joining: https://imgur.com/a/C45EQ
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:45 pm

Finally the bit where ti says I can enjoy the benefits immediately! https://imgur.com/a/vB7fC

Pretty annoying I misread that but oh well...
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Should I reserve ahead of time lunch at the Café de la Paix or is it easy enough to reserve once we arrive there?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Can someone post the current Club Lounge hours and offerings? I read through this thread and it seems to change. Thanks
The dinner starts at 6:30pm but spirits are 30 to 60 minutes before I think. Champagne is still all day long. Now that that weather has taken a significant turn, they put on a hearty beef and mashed potatoes dinner this evening.

As for Café de la Paix, if you want a window seat you should reserve well in advance, but otherwise you don't have to reserve unless it's fashion week or something like that.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Can someone post the current Club Lounge hours and offerings? I read through this thread and it seems to change. Thanks
Just checked in yesterday as RA. Welcome letter indicated:
Breakfast: 7-11am
Finger food, fruit , etc: 12-2pm
Tea: 2:30-4:40pm
Open bar, canapés: 5pm - 9pm
Open Bar: 9-10pm

Also, it was VERY interesting to see that my RA Welcome letter said "When staying on Rewards nights, your privileges do apply with the exception of upgrade and free pay TV film" . YAY! My last night here is reward night (am able to stay in same 1st fl JS (Haussman, Rm 1500 with disappointing interior view looking directly into base of the pyramid )

Last edited by VaBeachGirl; Sep 18, 2017 at 9:41 am Reason: Minor updates
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
Open bar, canapés (but really full dinner): 5pm - 9pm

Also, it was VERY interesting to see that my RA Welcome letter said "When staying on Rewards nights, your privileges do apply with the exception of upgrade and free pay TV film" . YAY! My last night here is reward night (am able to stay in same 1st fl JS with disappointing interior view of the pyramid )
If downstairs gave you a bad room, ask Gilles in the lounge or one of his colleagues about it. They can move you around - they did for me last year.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
Open bar, canapés (but really full dinner): 5pm - 9pm

Also, it was VERY interesting to see that my RA Welcome letter said "When staying on Rewards nights, your privileges do apply with the exception of upgrade and free pay TV film" . YAY! My last night here is reward night (am able to stay in same 1st fl JS with disappointing interior view of the pyramid )
To be clear, they lay out some of the nibbles around 5ish, but the full hot dinner items come out at 6:30pm. And I think the spirits go away at 9pm, but I rarely last that long. Wine, beer and Champagne are still on til 10pm.

And some of us really prefer those interior junior or prestige suites. They are usually a bit larger and much more peaceful. The outer rooms feature noisy scooters and early morning garbage trucks.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 336
Dear Mrs. and Mr. Flyerroberts,

It is a pleasure to welcome you at the Paris Intercontinental Le Grand. We are exhilarated to hear that you have chosen our hotel in the beautiful Paris to celebrate your anniversary.

On behalf of the InterContinetal team I wish you a pleasant stay. If there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of the hotel team.

Fixed that for you. Enjoy!
I am in a similar situation for an anniversary stay at the IC Le Grand with my wife in November. I wonder if you could let me know how to contact you or someone else at the hotel to see if there is any chance of an upgrade for us -
another couple of lowly Platinums?!

Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: IHG
Newbie here

This forum has proven to be very useful, but I've got a few questions about a future booking I want to make...apologies because I realize that these questions have been answered but I want to make sure.

1. I have an Ambassador weekend night cert. To use this do I prepay for the room and then get refunded when I present at the hotel? Booking online, it's not recognizing the cert and charging me for the room. Can I book a club room with this?

2. Is anyone familiar with booking a room using a combination of points plus cash? Online I only have the option of booking a Classic Room. Would I get an Ambassador upgrade from a classic to a superior? I want to avoid the tiny classic room.

3. Basically, I just really would like to try out that club lounge! Rates are coming up as 465 Eur for a jr suite (I'm going next month). Is it worth it to just say separately for the lounge for a few days? Could I add club for 140 Euro? I read that I could pay for the lounge. Is the 140 E per person?

4. Is it best to just call them when booking? Mon francais est mauvais! I want to be prepared :-)

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.