Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: AA Marriott Hyatt
"Getting Closer" Email

Got this email today. Wondering if it means I will get another 10k for some reason:

Congratulations on another nice win. We knew you could do it. You should see 10,000 bonus points added to your total points balance within a few weeks. You’re well on your way to your big win. All you have to do is complete 4 offers before 30 April and let your points take you wherever you want to go. Try combining multiple offers into a single trip to earn maximum wins.

Anybody know?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
so to receive credit for the Best Flexible Rate + Breakfast challenge it is OK like this:

•Refundable

•No deposit required

•Breakfast included

• Most popular rate

? Would be great if this qualified. thanks
Needs to be "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast." HIX refundable rate that includes breakfast (for all guests) would not count, for example.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by stlrod
Got this email today. Wondering if it means I will get another 10k for some reason:

Congratulations on another nice win. We knew you could do it. You should see 10,000 bonus points added to your total points balance within a few weeks. You’re well on your way to your big win. All you have to do is complete 4 offers before 30 April and let your points take you wherever you want to go. Try combining multiple offers into a single trip to earn maximum wins.

Anybody know?
No, I've received them as well and it's just that they are sent well after the points are posted. Sort of like my bank sending me statements showing me how much money I had in my bank account 2 weeks ago...
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:52 am

Lag between stay posting & Big Win progress report

One of my recent stays should have qualified me for achieving one of the Big Win landmarks. However, while the stay posted earlier today, when I go to check the progress of my Big Win status, I see that this stay is not listed and the milestone appears not yet achieved.

Is this lag between stay points posting and Big Win progress meter being updated, a normal phenomenon? If yes, how long does it take for the Big Win status to be updated?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
As has been asked and answered about hundred times in this thread already: Yes.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Can I during one stay earn for two different goals?

Example; I need to have two nights at an Holiday Inn and also stay in a certain city twice.
If I choose a Holiday Inn at that city will it count towards both goals?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Can people please read through, at least, the last page or two of this thread? There are so many repetitive questions it is clear many just come to this thread and post without looking whatsoever. If you did look you wouldn't need to ask, as these questions have been answered countless times.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Can I during one stay earn for two different goals?

Example; I need to have two nights at an Holiday Inn and also stay in a certain city twice.
If I choose a Holiday Inn at that city will it count towards both goals?
YES
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat
blah, i booked a night before registering for the current big win. safe to assume i wont get the bonus points?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Just tagging along.

Crowne plaza club room + breakfast + dinner advance rate £132, manchester airport for tomorrow night. That will complete my crowne plaza bit of my big win for a cool 18000 points

just booked 3 nights in the prague airport holiday inn which is on points break
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by indelible
blah, i booked a night before registering for the current big win. safe to assume i wont get the bonus points?
As long as the stay was after you registered you will be ok.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by usually sat at the back
As long as the stay was after you registered you will be ok.
great, thanks
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:34 am

Cool

My (not so) Big Win:

Stay More and Earn (4 nights): 3,000
Explore our Brands (3 brands): 7,000
Book with IHG (web or mobile): 2,000
Win in a Weekend (3 Saturdays): 8,000
Change your View (2 HI stays): 3,000
One Night Win (1 night): 1,000
Win Big (complete 4 offers): 10,000

Total: 34,000

I've completed one stay already and have another booked for two nights at the end of the month for my wedding that's being held in an IC. One Saturday-night mattress run in April will complete 5 of the 7 offers for 29K. Can't justify another stay for the remaining 5K.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
Can people please read through, at least, the last page or two of this thread? There are so many repetitive questions it is clear many just come to this thread and post without looking whatsoever. If you did look you wouldn't need to ask, as these questions have been answered countless times.
Probably most people look at the current page and then post without thinking. A wiki type post at the top with the most FAQs regarding the promotion would be great as it would carry over with each page. I have no idea how its done though.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by GeneCMH
Any trick to finding the Best Flexible with Breakfast? I'm looking in Columbus OH and can't seem to ever find it. Just plain 'Best Flexible'. Though there is one HI here that state breakfast included, but its the regular Best Flex rate. Any suggestions?
Rate Code

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/rese...qWch=0&srb_u=1

The "Breakfast Included" rates at HIX's and Candlewood's will not qualify.

You must use this rate code to qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.