Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Exclamation

Originally Posted by rb23lb
Hi there - I just bought a ambassador membership.

I would like to use the BOGO for Friday and Saturday night during my stay.

From experience, do you guys know how long it takes to get the BOGO cert in the mail?

Thanks in advance!!!
Thanks for your initial explanation about royal ambassador, but my first question above is how long does it take for the arrival of my legitimate BOGO certificate that I purchased through the IC website ambassador program?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:20 am

Question

Another question. Since the BOGO is a paid stay, with ambassador on Friday and Saturday night, if I book the basic on the water bungalow, will I get upgraded automatically at check in since it is a paid stay?
Also in response to your response about my question above, so if no free rooms are available yet an upgrade is guaranteed because it is a "paid" stay, would they then credit you back the amount of the upgrade to use for incidentals or give you free breakfast or something to make up for it?

Curious on others experiences with no rooms available on paid stays but being ambassadors...
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:25 am

Question

And yet one more question: if I book a BOGO stay buy buying the first weekend night and using the voucher and staying the second one free, AND I am a Royal Ambassador (not regular ambassador), will I get the complete mini-bar both nights?

Also, does any one know if the Bora Bora Thalasso mini bar includes snacks as well as drinks for royal ambassadors?

And lastly, if I finish all the drinks in the minibar each day, will they fill it back up for me on demand, or do they only fill it up once per day per room for your enjoyment?

I greatly appreciate any clarification that you experts may be able to give me.

Thanks you again
But tangey, still wondering:

- Do you get minibar on second BOGO free night as well as your paid first night if you are royal ambassador?

- do you get snacks too at Thalasso or just drinks?

- do they fill up the mini bar on demand if for some reason you finished everything in one day?

- and if so, do they fill it up unlimited and on demand, or do they only fill it up once per day at cleaning time or once per stay or trip?

Thanks again in advance for help
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
But tangey, still wondering:

- Do you get minibar on second BOGO free night as well as your paid first night if you are royal ambassador?

- do you get snacks too at Thalasso or just drinks?

- do they fill up the mini bar on demand if for some reason you finished everything in one day?

- and if so, do they fill it up unlimited and on demand, or do they only fill it up once per day at cleaning time or once per stay or trip?

Thanks again in advance for help
my experience as RA:

1. you get minibar even on free night of BOGO.
2. they fill up once a day. so not on demand/unlimited.
no idea about snacks at Thalasso, but technically food is not included as RA. only beverage
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Thanks for your initial explanation about royal ambassador, but my first question above is how long does it take for the arrival of my legitimate BOGO certificate that I purchased through the IC website ambassador program?
Already been answered.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:12 pm

Also in response to your response about my question above, so if no free rooms are available yet an upgrade is guaranteed because it is a "paid" stay, would they then credit you back the amount of the upgrade to use for incidentals or give you free breakfast or something to make up for it?

Curious on others experiences with no rooms available on paid stays but being ambassadors...
Upgrade is never guaranteed, as i already said, paid or otherwise, if they say they dont have a better room, that's it.No stated availability, no upgrade. They are under no obligation to compensate if upgrade is not available. This is standard procedure at any IHG hotel
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
Upgrade is never guaranteed, as i already said, paid or otherwise, if they say they dont have a better room, that's it.No stated availability, no upgrade. They are under no obligation to compensate if upgrade is not available. This is standard procedure at any IHG hotel
got it thanks
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
Already been answered.
sorry, I searched and read through last 10 pages but could not find this answer?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
sorry, I searched and read through last 10 pages but could not find this answer?
Anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months, depending on where you are located. Where in the world are you? US seems fastest, while some places on Europe seem to be a great black hole.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:55 am

you need better glasses.

In reply to you yesterday I said:-

"Receipt of AMB cert can take from a couple weeks to a couple of months depending where you are in the world."
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:36 am

wow, I wish I was able to travel in June instead of July...

I just booked the premium red eye flights from LAX on air tahiti for $1800 round trip per person last week

And now they have a special during june for only $1300 round trip for the lax redeye flight roundtrip!

Or $900 for the non-redeye layover flight or very select redeye flights it looks

So looks like I just wasted $900 bucks by not having flexible travel plans?!?!

So is July and August the most in demand Months that never go on sale so I can feel a little better about getting raped by missing the cutoff for my travel by only 2 weeks?

here is the travelzoo link to the super special:

http://www.travelzoo.com/airfare/int..._top20_2013_16

Last edited by flymax77; Apr 17, 2013 at 11:57 am
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
same as travelling during thanksgiving, christmas, etc..
high seasons beats you up.. nothin' u can do huh.

I just booked the premium red eye flights from LAX on air tahiti for $1800 round trip per person last week

And now they have a special during june for only $1300 round trip for the lax redeye flight roundtrip!

Or $900 for the non-redeye layover flight or very select redeye flights it looks

So is July and August the most in demand Months that never go on sale so I can feel a little better about getting raped by missing the cutoff for my travel by only 2 weeks?

Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:18 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by vmsea
same as travelling during thanksgiving, christmas, etc..
high seasons beats you up.. nothin' u can do huh.
guess not, getting married first week of July so I barely missed it dang it...

Surprised that they have $900 round trips all the way through June 24th, isn't that supposed to be beginning of high season as well in June?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres

Premium? Or are we talking about coach here?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Premium? Or are we talking about coach here?
by premium I meant being charged a "premium" for certain high demand season and more preferable red eye flights leaving LAX... that are more expensive than non red eye flights during the same high season because you avoid the layover night in Tahiti.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.