Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 7:10 am
Community Director Emerita

You can see hotels by state in this way:

http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/...-reward-nights

Then click on "United States" on the left. That brings up this link:

http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/.../united-states

You will then see each state that has at least one property participating. California has 3 properties, 2 in the San Diego area, and one in Torrance (Los Angeles).
Old May 5, 2011, 8:36 am

Europe?

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
You can see hotels by state in this way:

http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/...-reward-nights

Then click on "United States" on the left. That brings up this link:

http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/.../united-states

You will then see each state that has at least one property participating. California has 3 properties, 2 in the San Diego area, and one in Torrance (Los Angeles).
Just a simple question: does anyone know if there are any European properties??? (please post the link if you know, thanks!)
Old May 5, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Thumbs down Not for people outside US!

I'm from Canada and can see the US properties as long as I don't log into my Priorty Club account (and have cleared the cache). Once I log in and try to book any of the "specials" I get:

The item you selected is not available in your region. Please contact your nearest Priority Club Rewards Service Center for assistance.

No trips across the border for me.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by PriorityMaster
Just a simple question: does anyone know if there are any European properties??? (please post the link if you know, thanks!)
There are no European properties right now, in fact some people say you cant even see the US properties if your logged in from outside the US.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Danthecran
There are no European properties right now, in fact some people say you cant even see the US properties if your logged in from outside the US.
Thanks

and its true, depending where you are, you will see a different version of PC! Usually the following works: clear your cache, restart your browser, and then click on:

http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/.../catalog/hotel

This forces the US-page to be opened. Yet, the page looks weird, but never mind, you will find your way around.

Alternatively, try to use a US Proxy Server.

By the way: ever found different rates on the US version and the UK [ichotelsgroup] version? yes, there are - depending on which rate code you use, some hotels are not bookable on the UK version!
Old May 5, 2011, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
I was able to find the list by going into Private Browsing in FireFox. I imagine similar facilities with other browsers would also work.
Old May 5, 2011, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The end of PB is part and parcel of a devaluation in the value of the points in the program. I'll miss them (when they go).

Originally Posted by Danthecran
Use this link to select regions that you want to tap and then there will then be no problems (and no need to jump through any sort of hoops, at least if my experience of logging in from Europe today counts for anything):

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...rateCode=IVANI
Old May 5, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: SQ
i could see them the whole time from my office in shanghai
Old May 5, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The end of PB is part and parcel of a devaluation in the value of the points in the program. I'll miss them (when they go).

Use this link to select regions that you want to tap and then there will then be no problems (and no need to jump through any sort of hoops, at least if my experience of logging in from Europe today counts for anything):

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...rateCode=IVANI
This takes one to the leftovers of the PB list. That one is fine. I thought people were trying to get a listing of the Last Minute deals?
Old May 5, 2011, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Still assumption for now.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is this not still pure speculation at the moment? Or have IHG or PC have announced something today that I am unaware of.

Apart from the usual unreliable and inconsistant "insider" information (or drivel, let's be honest) that has been posted here to the contrary for the last couple of years or so, PB's is an active program which is still being marketed by IHG and is still in the latest PC membership packs too.

I'm sure PB's will stop one day, but I don't think any of us here know when that day will be!
Old May 6, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by AMDB7
....is this not still pure speculation at the moment?
I think so. We may get a better idea around May 15th.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zutalors
I'm from Canada and can see the US properties as long as I don't log into my Priorty Club account (and have cleared the cache). Once I log in and try to book any of the "specials" I get:

The item you selected is not available in your region. Please contact your nearest Priority Club Rewards Service Center for assistance.

No trips across the border for me.
Funny..I'm from Canada.. I booked online Houston on Points Break.. worked fine.. could see the Houston hotels.. and got 4 free nights on a 20K redemption.^

I did notice that some hotels weren't available even though they were advertised on points break.. must be due to availability.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:46 pm

OK what am I missing? I cannot see how to find any of those hotels.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AMDB7

I'm sure PB's will stop one day, but I don't think any of us here know when that day will be!
Indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.