Wiki Posts
Search

Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Unhappy

Looking for, bkk,hkg,bcn and mad but nothing at all.
Old May 10, 2011, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Looking for, bkk,hkg,bcn and mad but nothing at all.
Wow, 2 hotels near downtown BCN and you are disappointed that neither on P/B for the summer?

Furthermore, there is a hotel in Madrid on P/B = that you might not like it does not make the city not represented.
Old May 10, 2011, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Nope... no rewards nights...in the T&C
Just booked 1 night in Bratislava and 2 nights in Mexico city and finally 1 night in pachuca/mexico
Old May 10, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by LapLap
United States

MARYLAND
HOLIDAY INN BALTIMORE-BWI INTL AIRPORT

I don't believe this hotel even exists anymore! From what I can tell it is converted to a DoubleTree!
Old May 10, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Well, I have decided I can spare 5,000 of my Europe points fund to take MamaTwick to see the Terracotta army exhibit in Montreal.
Old May 10, 2011, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Twickenham
Well, I have decided I can spare 5,000 of my Europe points fund to take MamaTwick to see the Terracotta army exhibit in Montreal.
I did not even know that it is there! I am going to Montreal for the Jazz Fest! There are many great festivals in Montreal in the summer!
Old May 10, 2011, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Wow, 2 hotels near downtown BCN and you are disappointed that neither on P/B for the summer?

Furthermore, there is a hotel in Madrid on P/B = that you might not like it does not make the city not represented.
The HI which is closer is not available jul 1-4. The others in bcn are too far for sightseeing.
Old May 10, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I did not even know that it is there! I am going to Montreal for the Jazz Fest! There are many great festivals in Montreal in the summer!
I'm not sure when you're coming, but the exhibit ends June 26th. Hence my urgency in planning a trip - I always end up leaving these things to the last minute...
Old May 10, 2011, 8:52 pm

Okay, something odd happened over night... and probably it just means the 'glitch' (that was in my favor) was fixed.

Yesterday (old PC website), I was able to book (but couldn't because I didn't have enough points! 2000 points short for 5K) PB at HI Cairns in October (current PB is till July). I was surprised to see this so I bought 2K points (27 USD) to top off my account to book it. Little did I know... it takes 48 hours or so to have the points in my account

So, points arrived today (earlier than 48 hours - good) and I went to book the PB award night at HI Cairns (new PC website). Much to my surprise!!! for October, the rates are as normal. But PB rates were available for July. So, I am a bit pissed about purchasing points in the first place and my 5K points is almost useless at this point (hopefully there will be more PB after July and that HI Cairns stays on)!
Old May 10, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well from what I can tell the IC Manila lasted all but one day on the list. As of this morning SIN time it is gone from the list at least from what I can tell.

However, a quick check with a dummy reservation still allows 5K PB rate bookings at some dates in June & July that I tried. So be quick if you plan on heading there.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by demue
Well from what I can tell the IC Manila lasted all but one day on the list. As of this morning SIN time it is gone from the list at least from what I can tell.

However, a quick check with a dummy reservation still allows 5K PB rate bookings at some dates in June & July that I tried. So be quick if you plan on heading there.
Thanks for the tip! Got 2 nights (different dates) on PB ^
Old May 10, 2011, 11:55 pm

Seems like the rumors about the death of PB have been greatly exaggerated
Old May 11, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Seems like the rumors about the death of PB have been greatly exaggerated
No change there then! As usual, the "visionaries" (or tw*ts, as I like to call them) have been talking a load of crystal balls.
Old May 11, 2011, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by AMDB7
No change there then! As usual, the "visionaries" (or tw*ts, as I like to call them) have been talking a load of crystal balls.
Sad thing is that one day they'll probably be right! Then you'll deafened by the crowing ...
Old May 11, 2011, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Maybe 3 years ago I stayed on PB,
as AMB or RA, don't remember.

At check-in it was just a dlx room with no extras, or pay $50 for a suite, lounge access, free mini-bar, maybe something else
Thanks for that - so Manila IC is no stranger to PB promotions. I guess for them there's no difference from regular redemptions, so at least we'll get the free newspaper

And I imagine breakfasts, a congenial cafe and drinks are not too hard to find without recourse to a mini-bar or the IC lounge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.