Wiki Posts
Search

Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Which properties worked for you?
I booked MNL, thinking about Cuiaba, maybe a few others..
I'm not who you're asking, but I booked 4 different hotels in Cali and Montreal for dates in June and July.
Old May 9, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Picked up 1 night at mission valley hi for this weekend, nice combo with my 199 flight from phl-san
Old May 9, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo/Oyster/B&Q
Strict diet of Pyramids & beer for me so it has to be Cairo & Strasbourg
Old May 9, 2011, 3:23 pm

Can anyone tell me whether they've had pointbreaks stays count for crack-the-case? I searched in the CTC thread and found only a few reports, and they were conflicting -- it does seem like charging incidentals to the room increases the odds, but I would love to get more data points.
Old May 9, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
Can anyone tell me whether they've had pointbreaks stays count for crack-the-case? I searched in the CTC thread and found only a few reports, and they were conflicting -- it does seem like charging incidentals to the room increases the odds, but I would love to get more data points.
Nope... no rewards nights...in the T&C
Old May 9, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by chunky649
I'm not who you're asking, but I booked 4 different hotels in Cali and Montreal for dates in June and July.
Awwhh...I thought I missed IC Cali COLOMBIA back on the list....naw !
Old May 9, 2011, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
Generally, rewards stays booked with points (whether the normal number or the PointsBreak reduced number) don't count toward CtC (not even if you use points+cash, because the cash part counts as if a purchase, not as if part of the stay rate).

The only kind of free stays that I'm aware of counting toward CtC are free nights earned under last year's Sweet Dilemma. (Those free nights have nothing to do with points.) Not clear on whether incidentals are needed for those (I did do an incidental just in case, and my last CtC latch unlocked).
Old May 9, 2011, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chunky649
Originally Posted by stallion114
Picked up 1 night at mission valley hi for this weekend, nice combo with my 199 flight from phl-san
I concur.. PBs work well when you can get em.. and I probably wouldn't book on any other promo but on PBs..

Instead of one free night, I got 4 out of it.. and all suites.
Old May 9, 2011, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Nope... no rewards nights...in the T&C
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Generally, rewards stays booked with points (whether the normal number or the PointsBreak reduced number) don't count toward CtC (not even if you use points+cash, because the cash part counts as if a purchase, not as if part of the stay rate).

The only kind of free stays that I'm aware of counting toward CtC are free nights earned under last year's Sweet Dilemma. (Those free nights have nothing to do with points.) Not clear on whether incidentals are needed for those (I did do an incidental just in case, and my last CtC latch unlocked).
Thanks for the responses. I won't risk it; I'll book a paid stay to finish off my CTC.
Old May 9, 2011, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Good to see PB going on, but locations not to good for me. May be the first list I can't use in awhile.
Old May 9, 2011, 11:48 pm

Just booked 2 nights at the crowne plaza property in KL. Looks nice enough.
Old May 10, 2011, 1:57 am

It the first time the locations have worked for me. I was all set to change my cash reservation at the Belfast HI to points and then I remembered that I have booked using the pre-paid Exclusive rate so I cannot cancel the cash booking and rebook with points.
Old May 10, 2011, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Which properties worked for you?
I booked MNL, thinking about Cuiaba, maybe a few others..
Any idea how well the Manila IC treats reward-nighters?
Old May 10, 2011, 4:54 am

Wish there was something nice in Shanghai. At least the rest of the locations in China are city locations. Not sure if I am going to move into anywhere on this list but it definitely will get some use.

Two ICs in Egypt!
Old May 10, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Any idea how well the Manila IC treats reward-nighters?
Maybe 3 years ago I stayed on PB,
as AMB or RA, don't remember.

At check-in it was just a dlx room with no extras,
or pay $50 for a suite, lounge access, free mini-bar, maybe something else,
upsold for $50 pn.
I paid it for that occasion, but maybe not this year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.