Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2011, 12:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
You mean the rebates count towards the "earning"?
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Yes.
Cool to know.. The more you save, the more you earn.

Originally Posted by diamond404
25K taken from my account, so I canceled.

I booked the day it was removed from the PB list.. so when you searched on the IHG website, it still showed 5K but when you booked it, it went through as 25K. When calling, they said they saw the discrepancy but wouldn't give it to me for 5, they said the website was probably updating back to the regular price.

I'm sure you booked earlier than I and are fine, have fun there!
I would bring it up with Priority Club.. print out the screen..

They should be honoring errors, especially when the screen shows the offer, and you've accepted.
Old May 16, 2011, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by jbfield
like the detailed transport options on their website:
Quote:
Subway
Subway Name: Cairo
Distance 500.0 KM / 310.68 MI NORTH to Hotel
The hotel is situated near Safaga which is approximately 500 kn south of Cairo.

I'd stick to the airport:

Quote:
Hurghada Airport (HRG)
Distance 45 KM / 27.96 MI NORTH to Hotel
Time by taxi: 45 minutes
The hotel is situation 45 km south of Hurghada airport
The train service in Egypt is great and very cheap. I once took the night trian from Cairo to Aswan and had a pleasant ride.
Old May 17, 2011, 9:13 am

CROWNE PLAZA WILLIAMSBURG is off the list - just in time I was going to make a few bookings for summer fun.

But may be it is to the best - It wasn't that expensive to begin with as all the PC hotels in Williamsburg area are running at $100 or below. Plus TripAdvisor shows it @ 53% guest approval/recommendation rate - which is very low and in my experience would indicate that the property is not up to par.
Old May 18, 2011, 7:37 am

I can't book reward nights at the Holiday Inn Hangzhou before or after July 30. Of the 10 dates I have tried I got an error saying, "There are currently no Reward Nights rooms available at this hotel for the selected dates."

I have even checked 6 months out.

Is there a bug with my account?
Old May 18, 2011, 7:50 am

Double post.

Last edited by Shimon; May 18, 2011 at 10:35 am
Old May 19, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: Hilton
Originally Posted by Shimon
Double post.
I'd say that means the hotel isn't available that far ahead as a point break. None og the hotels I want in China are either.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:51 am

I couldn't find anything for this month either.

Doesn't make sense that this month, next month, and 6 months from now are all unavailable.

Last edited by Shimon; May 19, 2011 at 4:19 am
Old May 20, 2011, 6:02 pm

Looks like lots of properties are off the list now. Well, maybe not LOTS, but Prague is gone (so glad I reserved this already) and Asia was looking a bit sparse to me. Also Australia.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I can't book reward nights at the Holiday Inn Hangzhou before or after July 30. Of the 10 dates I have tried I got an error saying, "There are currently no Reward Nights rooms available at this hotel for the selected dates."

I have even checked 6 months out.

Is there a bug with my account?
Maybe the hotel is listed.. but shouldn't be listed?

or, maybe its listed.. but only randomly puts in dates they see they're soft

If frustrated, I would call into PC and ask the attendant if its truly a bug, or if they can book..
Old May 21, 2011, 4:14 am

Wow, it is no longer on the list...

That sucks for me.
Old May 21, 2011, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Wow, it is no longer on the list...

That sucks for me.
Any longtime reader of the forum knows that if you want a pb hotel you book it right away. You don't wait a couple of weeks.
Old May 21, 2011, 3:54 pm

The Chinese hotels usually don't disappear so quickly. Last time HI Shanghai West was available till the last day.

Plus I still don't know what date I was going to be there. If it stayed on the list I could have spent 3 weeks there till July.

I actually wanted to see what rooms were as a reward booking.
Old May 21, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
I still don't know what date I was going to be there. If it stayed on the list I could have spent 3 weeks there till July.
Unfortunately, the way the PB game is played is book first, then if you got the wrong dates, cancel later. There's no penalty to getting the rooms redeposited back into your account, though you do take away the option for someone else to book a PB there, so you should be relatively sure you will take the trip.

I didn't get my email when the new PB list went up- did other people? Does anyone know what the link is for the notification thread?

*** edit- never mind- I found the notification thread- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...hg-hotels.html

I guess FLYGVA didn't update it this time around? ****

Friendly

Last edited by friendlyplanet; May 21, 2011 at 10:06 pm
Old May 21, 2011, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Unfortunately, the way the PB game is played is book first, then if you got the wrong dates, cancel later. There's no penalty to getting the rooms redeposited back into your account, though you do take away the option for someone else to book a PB there, so you should be relatively sure you will take the trip.

I didn't get my email when the new PB list went up- did other people? Does anyone know what the link is for the notification thread?

*** edit- never mind- I found the notification thread- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...hg-hotels.html

I guess FLYGVA didn't update it this time around? ****

Friendly
Reading how PBs work..

I guess I'm lucky to have booked 4 nights on PBs in Houston.. that's 4 out of 5 nights.. the 4th night we were in San Antonio.. and the PB hotel didn't have it available..

But were able to use the last night in Houston on PB.. My PC points are completely depleted.^
Old May 22, 2011, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Any longtime reader of the forum knows that if you want a pb hotel you book it right away. You don't wait a couple of weeks.
+1. Book then stay/cancel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.