Search

Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 7:34 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Danthecran
It's amazing how such a big company can have such a bad website an it department!
Well I've been using united's site for a while and PC just might be better
Old May 3, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Its alive. Do your searches.
Old May 3, 2011, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by al613
Its alive. Do your searches.
This is correct.....

Example (the first one I found):

HIX - Orlando - Ocoee East
7,500 points per night for May 6th - May 9th
This hotel is normally 15,000 points per night.

I found this on the mobile site. I was having difficulty with PC.com, IHG.com etc.

Last edited by CokeandTaco; May 3, 2011 at 8:14 pm
Old May 3, 2011, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Ah, the usual high standards of IHG IT. <sigh>
Old May 4, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Even if it is alive in some cases it is kind of a pain to go in there and search around to maybe discover something. It is Wed already so the May round will be rather 'slim' I guess .

Either way, the whole idea of only having this on the first weekend of the month or so is the biggest joke for me. Either have it as a weekly thing (their IT certainly couldn't cope with that) or do it monthly and allow bookings for every Fri-Sun in that month. Otherwise this all becomes more of an academic exercise as what you save in hotel point s/ rates you may have to spend extra in caughing up expensive air fares unless you get lucky and can snatch some flight award seats or so.

Basically all I will do is check if already booked locations for a promoted timeframe are now on offer at a 50% off rate and switch if possible and that be it. In my case this may occur once or twice a year that this coincides. Not much use apart from that. Compared to PB a serious let down. It will cost more and be less useful. One really wonders what geniuses they employ to cook up such a great offer?
Old May 4, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Well, only US properties on the list with 2 IC's - ORD and Dallas.
Old May 4, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
It would be nice to search by state as well. International locations would be a bonus.

I think it would much better if you could book for the rest of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old May 4, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
FWIW,

I just received my new (redesigned) platinum card in the mail today, and in the envelope it came with a short pamphlet listing all of the basic perks of being platinum that I am sure everyone on this board already knows...

Anyway, one of the rewards that was clearly highlighted in the pamphlet was Priority Club PointBreaks. "Here's your chance to catch a break. With Priority Club PointBreaks, Reward Nights are yours for only 5,000 points per night. Save at least 50% off regular redemption rates during this limited-time offer. Valid at select locations."

Take that for what it is worth, but it was included in the pamphlet for the "redesigned" priority club.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Well, only US properties on the list with 2 IC's - ORD and Dallas.
Where do you see that? Maybe I'm a bit dull today but all I see when accessing that link (and logging into my account) is a table highlighting what the 50% discount would mean. When I click on 'Find a hotel' I come to a page where I can select the points range I want to spend and then it goes search and finds nothing.

What the heck? Well I'm not holding my breath for anything good coming our way. What a screwed up introduction of a new feature.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
and for that reason im going to be constantly checking just incase one of the nicer asian ICs makes its way onto this new last-minute list
Not if I beat you to it and take the only redemption away.
Old May 5, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: Too many...
Originally Posted by demue
Where do you see that? Maybe I'm a bit dull today but all I see when accessing that link (and logging into my account) is a table highlighting what the 50% discount would mean. When I click on 'Find a hotel' I come to a page where I can select the points range I want to spend and then it goes search and finds nothing.
I had the same problem in IE... When I opened the page in Firefox it showed them all.

The list is fine if you happen to be US based but worthless if you're anywhere else!
Old May 5, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by Flyersj18
I had the same problem in IE... When I opened the page in Firefox it showed them all.

The list is fine if you happen to be US based but worthless if you're anywhere else!
I thought I was completely the other way around - no joy in Firefox but working in IE7.... until I realised that I was logged into my account in Firefox and not in IE7

Try logging out of your account completely and try again.....

What a load of cobblers!
Old May 5, 2011, 6:39 am

+1

The Last Minute list is a joke

Who wants to wade through 127 randomly arranged thumbnails in order to find a listing that may or may not work for you on a specific weekend?

Someone needs to rethink this
Old May 5, 2011, 6:44 am

after the sneaky devaluation, now this bad joke.....PC
Old May 5, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by henryf
Who wants to wade through 127 randomly arranged thumbnails in order to find a listing that may or may not work for you on a specific weekend? Someone needs to rethink this
At least let us set "thumbnails per page" to 50 or 100 or something...
hitting NEXT 10 or 20 times is not gong to work....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.