Search

Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by davem4
AMB status expires 30 April.

Not sure if I should extend or not I would if PB were to continue.
Do you get any use out of the Bogo? That and the 5k cert are worth the $100 or points you use to renew, for me.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 3:53 am

Updated T&Cs for Reward Nights

Pointbreaks is still there but they have added 14 Last Minute Rewards

Priority Club PointBreaks are a feature of Reward Nights. Point Breaks are Reward Nights priced at 5,000 points at selected hotels for a limited period of time, instead of the standard redemption rate. Priority Club PointBreaks Reward Nights are based on availability and PointBreaks locations may be added or deleted at any time.

Last Minute Reward Nights are a feature of Reward Nights. Last Minute Reward Nights are Reward Nights available at up to 50% off the standard Reward Night redemption rates at selected hotels for a very limited period of time, which will vary by offer. Last Minute Reward Nights are based on availability and Last Minute Reward Night locations may be added or deleted at any time. All other Reward Night terms and conditions apply.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...l#rewardnights

NB
which will vary by offer
So maybe it could be more than just a weekend?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Pointbreaks is still there but they have added 14 Last Minute Rewards

Last Minute Reward Nights are a feature of Reward Nights. Last Minute Reward Nights are Reward Nights available at up to 50% off the standard Reward Night redemption rates at selected hotels for a very limited period of time, which will vary by offer. Last Minute Reward Nights are based on availability and Last Minute Reward Night locations may be added or deleted at any time. All other Reward Night terms and conditions apply.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...l#rewardnights

NB
which will vary by offer
So maybe it could be more than just a weekend?
I always hate the terminally "up to" since it probably means that the minority will not be 50% and only a select portion will be 50%.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by canesfan
I always hate the terminally "up to" since it probably means that the minority will not be 50% and only a select portion will be 50%.
+1 ..
always feat the 'upto' and *conditions apply in these kinda offers..
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
it seems that the PB is being updated. in Mexico something added up to May 15 incl. IC Merida
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:19 am

Can you link to a property that is currently a last minute reward night? Just trying to figure out howto find them.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by dawgs
Can you link to a property that is currently a last minute reward night? Just trying to figure out howto find them.
not too sure, if last minute reward or regular PB's. At least this site http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...rateCode=IVANI
shows availability up to May 15
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by dawgs

Last Minute Reward Nights will allow Priority Club members globally to redeem Reward Nights at a 50% discount off the regular point price, for selected properties. Members will receive an e-mail on Monday providing a list of hotels where this offer will be available the following weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Initially, this program will be offered on the first full weekend of every month, starting with May 6, 7 and 8, 2011.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 26, 2011 at 10:24 am Reason: font size unappropriate for sub-notebook & smartphone users
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
The size and color were really over the top and uncalled for, IMO ... a simple bolding of the last part of the last sentence could've gotten the point across without the mess you've placed on the thread. The latter is far more annoying than multiple questions on the same topic - stupid or otherwise
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Completely agree. I didn't receive an email from PC about the changes, so I've only discovered today (after not being on my PC over Easter) that the changes have been announced formally and had to go searching for more info. I still can't find anything official from PC about it on the web - only information on people's blogs. Therefore, a bit more civility would be nice. Thanks a lot
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:18 am

So the email regarding Last Minute Reward Nights which will go out on a Monday - is there anything special we have to do to get that, or would you get it automatically if you're signed up to get emails from PC?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:26 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by GoingAway
The size and color were really over the top and uncalled for, IMO ... a simple bolding of the last part of the last sentence could've gotten the point across without the mess you've placed on the thread. The latter is far more annoying than multiple questions on the same topic - stupid or otherwise
I have taken the liberty to lower the size. The browser of my smartphone was unable to show this post and freezed.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I have taken the liberty to lower the size. The browser of my smartphone was unable to show this post and freezed.

You mean what I'm seeing is already reduced??
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Well, new list helps me extend a stay for another PB night. ^ But list is measly.

Hope this doesn't go on May 15th...
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by boekel
it seems that the PB is being updated. in Mexico something added up to May 15 incl. IC Merida
What I see is the IC Merida and HI Guadalajara
have been removed, not added.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.