Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:32 am

I tried again both with IE9 and Firefox 4, no problemo, I even tried
to book IC Merida and Candlewood Oklamaha City
again no problemo.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:39 am
LRD

Programs: AA 6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Didn't work for me until I cleared my ichotelsgroup cookies... very easy to do if you're running Firefox.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by LRD
Didn't work for me until I cleared my ichotelsgroup cookies... very easy to do if you're running Firefox.
TY! That worked! Same old list, but at least not a blank screen.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is it me, or with the last few releases being so bad that this thread doesn't make my heart jump anymore when I see it on the top of the FT page....
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:47 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by LRD
No luck here, I cleared the cookies in FF but still getting a white screen.

**Edit--OK it works now but only after I logged out and then deleted cookies again.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 1:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Is it me, or with the last few releases being so bad that this thread doesn't make my heart jump anymore when I see it on the top of the FT page....
Agree.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Twickenham
???

What do you think 'Crack the Case' was all about? While members got different targets, everyone got a survey, which as it was easy points pretty much everyone answered. I thought at the time, and still believe, that the ultimate goal for PC for that promotion was the survey data.

....actually 'everyone' didn't (get a survey)
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:03 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by docklander
....actually 'everyone' didn't (get a survey)
+2 - no survey for my wife or myself.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Was on the the phone with the Amb line today where I was told PB were not cancellable because there were "such a great deal". Hogwash I say, no where does it say that.

Agent tells me I'm wrong and insists she is right since she has worked at IHG for 4 years and tells me I can call PC and confirm (sure). Anyway, seems that in 09 the terms changed from what this thread says.

Anyway, agent tells me that it's in the PB T&C. Well, I go to the PB page and read T&C and no mention of PB's being non cancellable. Hold for 5 min.

Agent comes back and insists I'm wrong and though she can't find the terms (how convenient), she says she's booked "100s of pointbreaks" (sure she has) and then says that when I book a PB before I hit confirm, it will be in the T&C in the "deposit section." Well fake booking reveals no such text.

I seem to recall I can cancel and have done so in the past. Is this true?

Oh, and agent also told me "there is nothing wrong with our website". Riiight.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:01 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I hope you got her name so you can get her the training she needs
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Was on the the phone with the Amb line today where I was told PB were not cancellable because there were "such a great deal". Hogwash I say, no where does it say that

Anyway, agent tells me that it's in the PB T&C. Well, I go to the PB page and read T&C and no mention of PB's being non cancellable. Hold for 5 min.

Agent comes back and insists I'm wrong and though she can't find the terms (how convenient), she says she's booked "100s of pointbreaks" (sure she has) and then says that when I book a PB before I hit confirm, it will be in the T&C in the "deposit section." Well fake booking reveals no such text.

Hogwash indeed, I completed a cancellation last fall and got my points back immediately.

This gave me a good chuckle. I think it is also important to point out that PC consistently has the least useful call center staff of any travel company.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Was on the the phone with the Amb line today where I was told PB were not cancellable because there were "such a great deal". Hogwash I say, no where does it say that.

Agent tells me I'm wrong and insists she is right since she has worked at IHG for 4 years and tells me I can call PC and confirm (sure). Anyway, seems that in 09 the terms changed from what this thread says.

Points Break..

I had a 4 night stay and we decided to cut it back to 3 nights in the middle of our stay about 2 nights in.. They gave me a bit of runaround saying that front desk (central res saying this) must do the refund.. then the front desk gave me the runaround saying that I have to cut back the reservation with central reservations and they would have to credit the points back.. Finally the hotel cuts back the reservation and hands me back 5,000 points.. called central reservations and the miles were deposited.

Another tidbit: We wanted to skip a night and rebook for the night after, but points break wasn't available at the same HIE. So we tried another PB hotel in San Antonio listed.. no luck. Then we tried Candlewood Suites and Bingo.. Points Break.. so we were able to redeem 4 free nights on a 5 night layover in Houston with travel by van to San Antonio.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Seems PB is off and on available depending on dates and availability with the hotels listed offering. Got lucky and was able to dump nearly all my points and get ultimately 5 free nights on a 14 night stay.

Thanks for the input FTers.. It was all who helped, that resulted in the redemptions.

And no.. the hotel quality wasn't Fairmont, but all we wanted to do was sleep and get to NASA, Aquarium, Sea World, and Six Flags.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:24 pm

Ok, thanks for the info/confirmation. This isn't my first experience with a wrong arrogant agent who won't listen to a customer, but was surprised to get it at the AMB line. to PC for this. Though didn't get her name. No worries.

BTW, next PB should be posted soon right? May dates...
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire
[QUOTE=mnredfox;16241505]Was on the the phone with the Amb line today where I was told PB were not cancellable because there were "such a great deal". Hogwash I say, no where does it say that.QUOTE]

I had to cancel a points break booking a couple of weeks ago and had no problem, points refunded straight away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.