Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Beetles
Does the IC do anything notable for people traveling during their birthday? I have nine nights booked using 253k points but also have a booking at the HIX Clark Quay for nine nights using 122k points. I know the brands here are worlds apart, but i'm drawn to the location of the IC (Bugis/ease of public transport)/outside food options) and on the other hand drawn to the stellar pool/room views and self-serve laundry at the HIX. Yes, I enjoy doing my own laundry while traveling (call me weird whatever). Traveling solo so the small rooms at the HIX aren't an issue.

I do my laundry but I drop it off at the Peace center laundromart. Its a husband and wife team and I like that place because they use actual dryers to dry the clothes. And its cheap,
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The Club InterContinental has reopened after a light refurbishment (the photos haven't been updated, but the text no longer shows the main restaurant and lounge as dining venues): https://singapore.intercontinental.c...tercontinental
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Premier suite and no higher
What happen if you book the Premier Suite to begin with? I used to book that and got the Ambassador Suite as RA. If they stick to the exclusion list, there is really nothing we can do.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
What happen if you book the Premier Suite to begin with? I used to book that and got the Ambassador Suite as RA. If they stick to the exclusion list, there is really nothing we can do.
From the hotel:

Book a junior suite, upgrade to a premier suite
  • We are pleased to share with you that our Junior suite is the highest room type of our standard room category. Whilst no higher room category is available. Club Lounge is not part of the room upgrade program.
  • Junior Suite (kindly note that Club Lounge Access is not inclusive) at additional SGD 140++ per night
booking on points:
  • We are pleased to offer you the additional supplement for the upgrade to Premier Suite under the IHG Rewards Redemption reservation at SGD 210++ per night.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Junior suite includes lounge access. But when I was booking it why was I given the option to pay for breakfast? Just curious.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1
The Club InterContinental has reopened after a light refurbishment (the photos haven't been updated, but the text no longer shows the main restaurant and lounge as dining venues): https://singapore.intercontinental.c...tercontinental

So did they move the lounge to the main floor?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My Junior suite includes lounge access. But when I was booking it why was I given the option to pay for breakfast? Just curious.
IHG is looking for suckers . Jokes aside, officially they'd probably say that breakfast bought extra entitles you to have it in the restaurant versus only the Club lounge. Some properties are sticky with that "rule" given restaurant breakfast may have more extensive offerings.

But then, in places like IC Bali (Jimbaran), when you book Club you can have breakfast in lounge, restaurant and room, but still there are Club rates with breakfast sold as well. That is a bit silly, but nice extra money for a hotel. YMMV.
djjaguar64 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by eufto
Has anyone stayed at the IC Singapore in the last 6 months? Didn't see any reviews in the last two years.
Yes, I did.

Last edited by SebFra; Mar 22, 2022 at 12:51 pm Reason: Life is too short.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
I am staying for a week in May and emailed them last week to enquire what facilities were open. The response was that “all our facilities are open”. I queried this as the website still stated that the dining and drinks were in other than the lounge. The response was that the lounge was slated to open at the end of March but it had yet to be signed-off and that the Ash & Elm restaurant was still closed. I suggested that they update the website, otherwise they may put off potential bookings. They promised to mention it to their marketing team. Their website still says Ash & Elm is closed.

Last edited by Exsilver; Mar 22, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by SebFra
Yes, I did.
why delete your list of complaints?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So did they move the lounge to the main floor?
No, it's still on the first floor above the Lobby Lounge AIUI.

Originally Posted by Exsilver
I am staying for a week in May and emailed them last week to enquire what facilities were open. The response was that “all our facilities are open”. I queried this as the website still stated that the dining and drinks were in other than the lounge. The response was that the lounge was slated to open at the end of March but it had yet to be signed-off and that the Ash & Elm restaurant was still closed. I suggested that they update the website, otherwise they may put off potential bookings. They promised to mention it to their marketing team. Their website still says Ash & Elm is closed.
Yes, the website has only just been updated; previously as you say the Club page was saying breakfast and afternoon tea was in Ash & Elm, and canapes were in the Lobby Lounge. I don't know why the website still says Ash & Elm is closed.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:25 pm

No, it's still on the first floor above the Lobby Lounge AIUI.

Yes, the website has only just been updated; previously as you say the Club page was saying breakfast and afternoon tea was in Ash & Elm, and canapes were in the Lobby Lounge. I don't know why the website still says Ash & Elm is closed.
Last time I stayed, in February 2020, the Club lounge closed half way through my stay and we breakfasted in the Ash & Elm but still had canapés in the lounge in the evening. I hope A & E is open because I love the Sunday Brunch with the free pour Tattinger.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
If you are from Earth, we have a Pandemic for the last 2 years. This hotel was shut down and only reopen recently.
Unlike some other properties like the IC Singapore Robertson Quay I don't think the hotel was shut down for anything close to two years. I stayed there in May 2021 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33441859-post1053.html and there are local blog reviews during covid as well https://milelion.com/2020/10/31/revi...se-staycation/.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:45 pm

Response to my email seeking clarification:

Warmest greetings from InterContinental Singapore, Ash and Elm Restaurant:

Thank you very much for your continuous support with us. We regrettably inform you that Ash & Elm Restaurant will temporarily ceased operation from 1st June 2021 onwards until further notice.

Should you have any inquiries or require further clarification, please contact to our Dining Reservation team at +65 68251008 or email [email protected].
Thank you for your kind understanding and we look forward to welcoming you soon at the InterContinental Singapore.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The auto-reply to my email enquiry: "Greetings from InterContinental Singapore! We had received high volume of request at InterContinental Singapore In-house reservation team that unfortunately experiencing an extended response times. Please be rest assure that your emails will be attended to as soon as possible."

Really? When did they stop speaking (or writing) English? Sounds like something you could expect from a three-star hotel in Chongqing, or whatever.

I hope the hotel is as I remember it. I will be staying this week. Breakfast is reportedly served at Ash & Elm, so even if it might be closed in the evening, it should be open for breakfast. Would anyone know if the buffet selection is as varied as pre-covid?

Moreover, the swimming pool reportedly needs to be prebooked. Are timeslots easily available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.