Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
what upgrade for heritage rooms - Ambassador

I booked 2 days this weekend- one on points and the other with cash

I am a platinum ambassador

For the cash booking, the reservation was updated to deluxe but I am struggling to understand how this is an upgrade as heritage were more expensive than deluxe at time of booking?

For the points stay, I was offered an ""upgrade"" to deluxe as way of an up-sell email. Again, I struggle to understand how this is viewed as an upgrade.

I stayed here before the renovation and at that time the shophouse rooms (currently heritage) were more expensive.

In summary, confused about the upgrades. I would appreciate if someone can bring some light to it. Thanks
Old May 23, 2017, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The room categories can be seen in the post 2 before yours

If you booked a heritage room, then the upgrade for the paid night should be to a Premier Suite

For the points night, unless you want to change rooms, may want to ask whether it will allow payment of difference from category booked to a Premier Suite

I think Deluxe is the lowest room category, so sounds like a messed up email - perhaps give hotel a call and ask
Old May 23, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The room categories can be seen in the post 2 before yours

If you booked a heritage room, then the upgrade for the paid night should be to a Premier Suite

For the points night, unless you want to change rooms, may want to ask whether it will allow payment of difference from category booked to a Premier Suite

I think Deluxe is the lowest room category, so sounds like a messed up email - perhaps give hotel a call and ask
Thanks for the swift reply. Is the premier room substantially better? If not, I will just stay in the heritage for both nights.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by palermo
Thanks for the swift reply. Is the premier room substantially better? If not, I will just stay in the heritage for both nights.
Personally , I never have liked the shophouse rooms or suites due to the noise of the shopping arcade

If you want to have a heritage room for the paid night, I would suggest looking at a lower category

I would say that this hotel is one of the few where paying for club access (if not included in room rate ) is worth it
Old May 24, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I booked 2 days this weekend- one on points and the other with cash

I am a platinum ambassador

For the cash booking, the reservation was updated to deluxe but I am struggling to understand how this is an upgrade as heritage were more expensive than deluxe at time of booking?

For the points stay, I was offered an ""upgrade"" to deluxe as way of an up-sell email. Again, I struggle to understand how this is viewed as an upgrade.

I stayed here before the renovation and at that time the shophouse rooms (currently heritage) were more expensive.

In summary, confused about the upgrades. I would appreciate if someone can bring some light to it. Thanks
I stay there just a couple of time a year. I've given up worrying about the room shape and style: they're all perfectly comfortable, I take what I'm given, with the caveat that proximity to lifts and service areas are better avoided, and i don't like an internal view into the Bugis shopping centre.

There's some nonsense I've never worked out about which rooms have docks for iPhone/Pods.

Just as long as they give me access to the club and show generosity in check in/out times, I'm happy. If you don't get the club access, and there are two of you, then it's something probably worth buying or possibly negotiating in lieu of a room upgrade.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Talking

I strongly suggest the hainan chicken rice on second floor inside the bugis junction mall.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:07 am

Thanks all for the contributions.

This is the email which I received from the reservation manager which does not seem to be in line with my understanding or what I have read online

This was in reply to my email where I asked them if the upgrade from heritage should not be to premier.

"

Warmest Greetings from InterContinental Singapore!

Thank you for giving us your support as our IHG Platinum Ambassador Member, we are overjoyed to know that you have chosen to stay with us!

We appreciate this opportunity given to provide you a home away from home!

We have completed the refurbishment in 2016 hence we have revised the room category.

The Heritage Room is the base category for InterContinental Singapore.

The reservation that you have booked is a Heritage Room and as Ambassador benefit the room will be upgrade to a Deluxe Room.

Hence in order to get an upgrade to Premier Room the reservation need to be booked for a Grand Deluxe Room.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance. Thank you"
Old May 24, 2017, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
This is the email which I received from the reservation manager which does not seem to be in line with my understanding or what I have read online
You're going to give yourself a headache. Just leave them to their silly games: if you really don't like the room, tell them you want to change it.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:38 pm

There seems something odd when booking the hotel online too

Picking a day at random, a deluxe is $359. grand deluxe is $275, premier is $406 and heritage is $419

For booking using points, the heritage is the one where points bookings can be made for

The only thing that I can see how it could get screwed up is that the next category up from Heritage is Club Intercontinental which, unless things have changed, is a deluxe room with lounge access

It would seem rather bizarre to offer this room as an upgrade given that lounge access is not included as part of Ambassador upgrades, but could conceivably be what the hotel is doing
Old May 24, 2017, 10:16 pm

I have decided to refuse the upgrade and I will just stay in the Heritage room for the 2 days which I book on the points nights. I will just ask for a not noisy room.

On the pay night, they are offering club lounge access at 120++sgd. Not sure if I will avail. I have been eating like a pig (staying in the da-nang intercontinental at the moment) so I could do with some healthy eating for a couple of days which won't happen with club lounge access.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:50 pm

I have decided to refuse the upgrade and I will just stay in the Heritage room for the 2 days which I book on the points nights. I will just ask for a not noisy room.

On the pay night, they are offering club lounge access at 120++sgd. Not sure if I will avail. I have been eating like a pig (staying in the da-nang intercontinental at the moment) so I could do with some healthy eating for a couple of days which won't happen with club lounge access.
Is that $120++ for one or 2 ( or more ) people. If it is for 2 or more and there are 2 or more of you going, it is pretty reasonable value since the hotel does do a good breakfast and a nice afternoon tea
Old May 24, 2017, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Is that $120++ for one or 2 ( or more ) people. If it is for 2 or more and there are 2 or more of you going, it is pretty reasonable value since the hotel does do a good breakfast and a nice afternoon tea

The reservation is for 2 people and the offer just say 120+++

Yes, the price seems very good but I just feel that I could do with a healthy weekend- food wise.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC

Bugis food courts and the surrounding is not conducive to healthy eating when the IC SG lounge is not a dining option.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:23 pm

First time Ambassador looking to stay at IC Singapore. I was wondering if someone could advise what the Ambassador weekend night certificate rates are - is it fair to assume they are the same as the best flexible rate for each room? Are all room types available?

Trying to work out whether it is worth paying for Ambassador.
Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by ffmuk
First time Ambassador looking to stay at IC Singapore. I was wondering if someone could advise what the Ambassador weekend night certificate rates are - is it fair to assume they are the same as the best flexible rate for each room? Are all room types available?

Trying to work out whether it is worth paying for Ambassador.
Thanks
Yes and usually yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.