Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
Hello all

Does anyone know if IC Singapore allows kids in the Club lounge?

Thank you
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by arpiuk
Hello all

Does anyone know if IC Singapore allows kids in the Club lounge?

Thank you
Yes during breakfast and afternoon tea. No at evening drinks and snack service.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:04 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
I believe Kid enabled family's are accommodated in the lobby lounge for cocktails etc

Last edited by markis10; Apr 29, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
Thanks guys. I emailed the hotel as well. It’s correct. Families can have heir drinks and canapés in the lobby lounge. Which I think it’s fair.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by Genius1
For a full review of this property, including the Club InterContinental experience, see my latest trip report here:

The World’s Best Business Class Experience to the City in a Garden
link is empty

is the s$120 for the club worth it for a family of 4?
Cant find much review or links on the clubs. Hotel did email me that it’s the very few lounges that open 24/7
Old May 1, 2018, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you can get 4 people access for that price, it seems pretty decent. Even just having breakfast would work out at only $30 per person
Old May 12, 2018, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tdrag97
Cant find much review or links on the clubs.
See here...

Originally Posted by Genius1
For a full review of this property, including the Club InterContinental experience, see my latest trip report here:

The World’s Best Business Class Experience to the City in a Garden
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Hi All, I have a 2 night stay here booked using an ambassador weekend certificate, I am Spire Ambassador. I booked a Deluxe Club King several months ago to ensure lounge on what is now looking like a very good rate. What room am I likely to be upgraded to?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by strickers
Hi All, I have a 2 night stay here booked using an ambassador weekend certificate, I am Spire Ambassador. I booked a Deluxe Club King several months ago to ensure lounge on what is now looking like a very good rate. What room am I likely to be upgraded to?
IC Singapore is a strict 1 category upgrade. My bet will be the Shophouse deluxe rooms (which are awful). If you like an upgrade to a suite, you should change your booking to the Shophouse King Club
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
They are still very strict but changed the categories recently. To avoid confusion: Shophouse rooms are now called "Heritage". Heritage King is now the lowest cat and will most likely not upgrade to a suite but to Deluxe or Grand Deluxe.

Originally Posted by strickers
booked a Deluxe Club King several months ago to ensure lounge on what is now looking like a very good rate. What room am I likely to be upgraded to?
Do you mean "Club Grand Deluxe"? This is a small but important difference.
> If yes (I recommend!), it should bring you into a Premier Room, which are nicely remodeled and more like a Studio Suite IMO. Premier Suite (new lowest suite cat.) are exactly the same, just on higher floors.

> If no: Deluxe --> Grand Deluxe (the rooms at the end of the corridor in the main building, a bit larger but darker plus small window in bathroom)

Last edited by sultanbinaber; Jun 13, 2018 at 3:38 am
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
They are still very strict but changed the categories recently. To avoid confusion: Shophouse rooms are now called "Heritage". Heritage King is now the lowest cat and will most likely not upgrade to a suite but to Deluxe or Grand Deluxe.

Do you mean "Club Grand Deluxe"? This is a small but important difference.
> If yes (I recommend!), it should bring you into a Premier Room, which are nicely remodeled and more like a Studio Suite IMO. Premier Suite (new lowest suite cat.) are exactly the same, just on higher floors.

> If no: Deluxe --> Grand Deluxe (the rooms at the end of the corridor in the main building, a bit larger but darker plus small window in bathroom)
Yes, Club Grand Deluxe. When I look at the price now compared to what I paid it was an absolute bargain. Especially considering I’m using an ambassador certificate which effectively cost me 22k points to pay for the s cond night. So from the sounds of it, using my credit card certificate night that makes the total three nights, if they offer me a reasonable price to match the room for all three nights I should bite their arm off?

Last edited by strickers; Jun 14, 2018 at 1:07 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Premier vs Heritage Suites

I booked a Premier Suite for this weekend, and my reservation shows that I've been upgraded to a Heritage Suite.

There's some earlier messages in this thread that the Heritage rooms aren't that great. Does anyone know how the Heritage Suite compares to the Premier Suite? Should I keep the upgrade at check-in or ask for a Premier Suite?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I booked a Premier Suite for this weekend, and my reservation shows that I've been upgraded to a Heritage Suite.

There's some earlier messages in this thread that the Heritage rooms aren't that great. Does anyone know how the Heritage Suite compares to the Premier Suite? Should I keep the upgrade at check-in or ask for a Premier Suite?
They are what used to be the ShopHouse Suites. Propper + nice 2room suites at the shopping mall atrium. Bit of a walk though with a step to lift suitcases/luggage down

(Heritage rooms are the standard rooms at the same shopping mall atrium location)
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I can't seem to find absolutely any dates when I could use the certificate at this property. I am sure I have used it here before so I am a bit surprised.
The new IC at quays offers ambassador night rate available every weekend, but here I couldn't find a single weekend when I could use my weekend certificate.

EDIT: I take it back, i was looking at 2 very busy weekends, my bad. I can see rate available on other weekends now.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I can't seem to find absolutely any dates when I could use the certificate at this property. I am sure I have used it here before so I am a bit surprised.
The new IC at quays offers ambassador night rate available every weekend, but here I couldn't find a single weekend when I could use my weekend certificate.

EDIT: I take it back, i was looking at 2 very busy weekends, my bad. I can see rate available on other weekends now.
The best value for your cert is buying a club room at an expensive IC, with the subsequent upgrade to a suite. A bit like not using avios for redeeming Y tickets long haul. The Amstel or Paris Le Grand are particularly good uses..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.