Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
OK folks, thanks for the responses.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
A good promotion for those with plans to stay at IC Singapore. But I wonder if this will lead to overcrowding of the Club Lounge given that every guest will now have access for this period.

https://singapore.intercontinental.c...y-club-upgrade

Complimentary Club Upgrade

Book and stay in a Deluxe Room or Heritage Room from now until 30 April 2020, and enjoy a complimentary upgrade to the Club InterContinental experience.

The Club InterContinental experience includes:
- Personalised arrival and check-in /-out at the exclusive Club InterContinental Lounge
- Complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails
- A private library featuring Peranakan literature and reference books

Terms and Conditions:
  • This promotion is valid for bookings before 30 April 2020.
  • Full pre-payment is required upon reservation, is non-transferable and non-refundable.
  • Rates are subject to 10% service charge and prevailing government taxes.
  • Prior room reservation is required and subject to availability.
  • This offer is not valid in conjunction with other offers or promotions.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Flash sales rate are really cheap SGD193++ for next weekend club intercontinental room with free cancellation
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hclee01
A good promotion for those with plans to stay at IC Singapore. But I wonder if this will lead to overcrowding of the Club Lounge given that every guest will now have access for this period.

https://singapore.intercontinental.c...y-club-upgrade

Complimentary Club Upgrade

Book and stay in a Deluxe Room or Heritage Room from now until 30 April 2020, and enjoy a complimentary upgrade to the Club InterContinental experience.

The Club InterContinental experience includes:
- Personalised arrival and check-in /-out at the exclusive Club InterContinental Lounge
- Complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails
- A private library featuring Peranakan literature and reference books

Terms and Conditions:
  • This promotion is valid for bookings before 30 April 2020.
  • Full pre-payment is required upon reservation, is non-transferable and non-refundable.
  • Rates are subject to 10% service charge and prevailing government taxes.
  • Prior room reservation is required and subject to availability.
  • This offer is not valid in conjunction with other offers or promotions.
Given the current situation the travel industry finds itself in, I wouldn’t worry too much about overcrowded lounges.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Hi folks, new here. I have a booking for the Club Heritage 2 Double Beds, and I emailed the hotel to enquire about the room upgrade policy and they said they will upgrade to the Club Deluxe 2 Double Beds. Both rooms were on sale during the recent IHG 40-50% APAC discount and they were priced the same. (Till today, both rooms are still priced the same) How is this even an upgrade? Is this correct? I am a Spire Ambassador member.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
According to their categorization Heritage comes below Deluxe, so on paper it is an upgrade and under normal circumstances I have seen Heritage room rates a bit lower than Deluxe (btw those rooms can be a bit noise prone).

I think under the current situation they can be more generous, but your two beds may prevent a further upgrade.

You can just ask them if a further upgrade is possible as both rooms basically cost the same currently. If you don't like the response you can then move your business if you find something else more suitable.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
The hotel didn't replied to my email but today I noticed a change in my room category - Junior Suite Twin Room. Which is weird. I don't see the hotel advertising a Junior Suite with 2 Double Beds. Does anyone have any experience?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
The hotel didn't replied to my email but today I noticed a change in my room category - Junior Suite Twin Room. Which is weird. I don't see the hotel advertising a Junior Suite with 2 Double Beds. Does anyone have any experience?
These aren't listed on the website, but I was upgraded to one over NYE with my kids (booked lowest room on points as Spire Ambassador). I believe it was a triple upgrade.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Definitely an upgrade, it is an L-Shaped room IIRC. Apparently they seem to have a few of them that have two beds while I always thought they come as King only. Good outcome. Safe travels.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:44 pm

Update: Just received a call from Intercontinental Singapore that my stay tomorrow will be cancelled as the Singapore Government has booked the entire hotel to house Stay Home Notice travellers/Singaporeans. They offered to reschedule my entire booking to June and honour the same rate (IHG SEAK Sale rate) and the Junior Suite Twin. A little disappointed, but oh wells...
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:26 pm

If you are not a Citizen or Permanent Resident or visitor already in the country, right now at least for the next few weeks, you wouldn't be permitted to enter Singapore anyways. if this was to be some staycation or so there will be another time (after they deep scrub that place I hope).
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:33 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
Update: Just received a call from Intercontinental Singapore that my stay tomorrow will be cancelled as the Singapore Government has booked the entire hotel to house Stay Home Notice travellers/Singaporeans. They offered to reschedule my entire booking to June and honour the same rate (IHG SEAK Sale rate) and the Junior Suite Twin. A little disappointed, but oh wells...
Same here. Got a call and email from them. Given that they will honour the rate, I will probably push the stay to June 2020.
Old May 17, 2020, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

How is the Club expensive here? Any meaningful platinum recognition?
Choosing between IC and Andaz for a November visit.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
How is the Club expensive here? Any meaningful platinum recognition?
Choosing between IC and Andaz for a November visit.
Club rates can be quite reasonable at the IC Singapore; if you haven't booked a Club rate, it can be added for SGD160 per night. The lounge is well worth sampling - it's one of the better ones on the IC network.

I reviewed the IC Singapore, including Club lounge, recently in 2018 and 2019 here: The World’s Best Business Class Experience to the City in a Garden and Singapore via Qsuite and the World’s Most Audacious First Class Lounge

Platinum members will receive the usual benefits, nothing out of the ordinary.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Genius1
Club rates can be quite reasonable at the IC Singapore; if you haven't booked a Club rate, it can be added for SGD160 per night. The lounge is well worth sampling - it's one of the better ones on the IC network.
Yikes! Thats over USD110 before any ++ additions, on top of the room rate. You'd have to neck an unwise number of Singapore Slings in the cocktail hour to make that work in terms of value.

OK, while the food offer may be not what it was, it's still good: and the ambiance has a stylish veneer - the downside is that it can get so rammed I've had to park myself and my beer at a computer desk.

I reckon Singapore is one of the places you want to get out of the hotel in the evening, if you can. And even in an expensive city, SGD160 will give a boost to your excursion. So by all means try it out, but it might be a mistake to up the entire stay to include the club lounge

If you want to experience a classy, well-run, reasonably priced lounge in the region, try IC Kuala Lumpur. the new(ish) Intercontinental in Jakarta, or even the IC Hanoi (the West Lake one). Then compare and contrast with somewhere like the IC Austin, Texas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.