Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed last week and they were incredibly gracious. I had booked two Heritage Rooms - one paid and one on points. I was traveling with the in-laws and wanted to keep the rooms together so offered to forgo the upgrade on my paid room. They accommodated us with an early check-in and two rooms near each other. Additionally, they offered a $50 F&B credit for giving up the upgraded room. I thought was very generous given that I always enjoy the shophouse rooms.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: IHG
Does anyone know what the current RA upgrade is from Heritage room?
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by turner32
Does anyone know what the current RA upgrade is from Heritage room?
Thanks in advance.
any news?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: IHG
They seem to vary their base room categories but, it seems that a Premier room is the standard upgrade from base room. It's like a proper Junior Suite, i.e two rooms.
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Any experience in how they treat RA’s in award stays?

Still get her upgrade and lounge access?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Any new Singapore IC information?

Arriving on weekend certificate late next week for the two night weekend. Does anyone have any recent experience on what level of room they have to book to be offered the Club, assuming that you are a Spire Ambassador. I received a letter offering me breakfast for 30 USD or the Club for 130USD.... both seem expensive to me.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
We have just returned from a week in Singapore. We booked a mixed bag of rooms including two reward nights. We were offered club lounge access for three guests for S$120. We booked one night in the cheapest possible and they threw in club access free of charge.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by MrsW
We have just returned from a week in Singapore. We booked a mixed bag of rooms including two reward nights. We were offered club lounge access for three guests for S$120. We booked one night in the cheapest possible and they threw in club access free of charge.
Thanks for the quick response
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:35 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:49 am
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by markle
I'm literally checking in tomorrow night as a Spire AMB on a Weekend cert - booked in to a Deluxe King, no pre-upgrade yet - though I'm being offered an eStandby upgrade to Club for SGD 123.

IMO I rarely have breakfast at the hotel / spend time in club, so still not worth it to me - but it is a pretty good deal vs 130 USD.
Wow, I'd really appreciate an update once you check in... you are actually exactly one week ahead of me, except I booked a Premier King Room, which I believe is above a Deluxe and right below the Club.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

..del.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:25 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:48 am
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by markle
Having a wonderful weekend in Singapore so far. The IC is a lovely property - very warm welcome, welcome gift (keychain) + cocktails for two in the bar + one category upgrade from Deluxe King to Grand Deluxe Room. Not the most generous upgrade I've had at an IC, but I do like the room a lot!

We'd also said on IHG.com that the purpose of our stay was "romantic break", so had some chocolates and macaroons in our room as a welcome amenity, in addition to the fruit - nice touch.
Thanks a bunch. I had emailed them and over the last couple days found that there was no upgrade from the Premier Deluxe Room.. I had thought maybe I would get complimentary club but no... we'll see when I arrive. They did offer complimentary breakfast or a food coupon at check in. I'll see next Friday morning on arrival.

I have been to the property four times before. It is a lovely hotel and I find the location nice also.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:19 am

Club access is almost never part of the AMB upgrade these days, so it's best to check which category which will provide a meaningful upgrade in terms of the room hardware, rather than one of those annoying artificial categories with the exact same room but with additional amenities.
Buzzman likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
For a full review of this property, including the Club InterContinental experience, see my latest trip report here:

The World’s Best Business Class Experience to the City in a Garden

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.