Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Accor
Very helpful thread and seems like a good choice to use the AMB Cert for an upcoming 2-night weekend stay but if anyone could help with a couple questions that would be much appreciated:

1. I saw the Room List above with the new categories, but that didn't include Premier Room - is this just a Premier Suite on a lower floor without Club? One above Grand Deluxe?

2. Trying to work out what I might get as an upgrade, I have the following AMB Choices:

Grand Deluxe - S$403
Premier Room - S$443
Club Heritage King - S$513
Club IC King S$543

(I note the paid bookings have IC King as less than Heritage King)

Premier Suite - S$623
Heritage Suite - S$643

-

I suppose the crux is that I would like Club Access but which Room to get to benefit from this best? Or, do I book GD, get upgraded to Premier Room and purchase Club Access?

I was leaning towards Club Heritage but didn't know if that would get me Club IC which I would prefer less (I like the sound of the Heritage better...)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hi all, I've booked a 2 night stay at IC Singapore this coming Friday as an Ambassador. Have booked an Executive Suite.

Received an email today from IC Singapore that said that Executive Suite is not in the upgrade pool and therefore will not be getting an upgrade but they have extended a complimentary two way limousine transfer.

The 2 way limo transfer is already included in my rate so I call BS on that.

Aa for the upgrade(or lack thereof), the ambassador website mentioned it is guaranteed an upgrade of one category from the paid room type.

Is there such a thing as an official upgrade pool? Who can I seek redress from if it's untrue?

Below is the email from IC Singapore

Dear Mr. RCTP,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental as your preferred choice of accommodation for your upcoming visit to Singapore.

I would like to share with you that the Executive Suite at InterContinental Singapore is not part of the InterContinental Ambassador upgrade program. As such, we are unable to extend you an upgrade to the next room category.

Nonetheless, as a valued InterContinental Ambassador guest, we are delighted to arrange a two-way hotel limousine transfer with our compliments to ensure that you are accorded a smooth and luxurious arrival and departure experience that you are accustomed to.
Mr. RCTP, at your convenience, please provide me with you arrival and departure details and I shall arrange your limousine transfers accordingly.

I look forward to hearing from you and should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact myself or any of my colleagues and we will be delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Reservation Supervisor
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
sorry to say, but the hotel has a point here. T&C are clear on this. Nearly all properties exclude high categories.
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions

The room upgrades for both Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors excludes the following rooms/properties:
InterContinental Singapore – Presidential Suite, Ambassador Suite, Royal Suite
Are you on a flex rate? You could still rebook to a lower cat.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
sorry to say, but the hotel has a point here. T&C are clear on this. Nearly all properties exclude high categories.
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions

Are you on a flex rate? You could still rebook to a lower cat.
well shucks. good thing i've booked on a flexible rate.

checking my last stay record, i was upgraded to a royal suite from a heritage suite.

so that's where my expectations came from.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RCTP
well shucks. good thing i've booked on a flexible rate.

checking my last stay record, i was upgraded to a royal suite from a heritage suite.

so that's where my expectations came from.
In such scenarios, no upgrade given, I'd be insisting on a cash rate rebate to the cat below Exec Suite, whether a ADR or Flex booking. In your instance one is not totally solid ground though, as hotel was upfront about saying top 3x suite types excluded.

If flex you can cancel+rebook, though no doubt rates have increased a bit. Plus extra room cat specific upgrade benefit(s) such as Limo etc are not given with the upgrade.

Issue is that whilst some hotels play fair, and use historical rates for both room types on day you booked, other hotels unfairly choose the on the day of checkin last minute flex rate for the -1cat below and if original booking was a month or more before the rate difference can be reduced to a pittance.

I had exactly that at IC Miami Downtown, +1cat (not +2cat ) upgrade, hotel said they don't upgrade further, though in my case no Suites in the t+c exclusion list.
I insisted on the full difference of usd85++/night versus the hotel senior managers attempted offer of usd25++. A large total difference as a 5night booking.

Note:- Going back to March2016 IC Singapore only had 2x Suite types (Pres/Amb) and did not have three top suite types /Royal. I also think the 3cats in t+c exclusions were only added with Sep2016 t+c rewrite no doubt IC Sin thinking about RAs +2cat upgrade benefit.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by jedicat666
Room As an IHG Ambassador, I received a limited edition TWG tea made especially for the Intercontinental Singapore. The “Intercontinental Singapore Heritage Tea” cannot be bought elsewhere, and you have to be an ambassador to receive it. Definitely, a neat gift, as I love TWG teas, and the tin container serves to be a memento from the brand itself.
Just returned from 2 nights here. I was hoping for the TWG teas but received a keychain .
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
In such scenarios, no upgrade given, I'd be insisting on a cash rate rebate to the cat below Exec Suite, whether a ADR or Flex booking. In your instance one is not totally solid ground though, as hotel was upfront about saying top 3x suite types excluded.

If flex you can cancel+rebook, though no doubt rates have increased a bit. Plus extra room cat specific upgrade benefit(s) such as Limo etc are not given with the upgrade.

Issue is that whilst some hotels play fair, and use historical rates for both room types on day you booked, other hotels unfairly choose the on the day of checkin last minute flex rate for the -1cat below and if original booking was a month or more before the rate difference can be reduced to a pittance.

I had exactly that at IC Miami Downtown, +1cat (not +2cat ) upgrade, hotel said they don't upgrade further, though in my case no Suites in the t+c exclusion list.
I insisted on the full difference of usd85++/night versus the hotel senior managers attempted offer of usd25++. A large total difference as a 5night booking.

Note:- Going back to March2016 IC Singapore only had 2x Suite types (Pres/Amb) and did not have three top suite types /Royal. I also think the 3cats in t+c exclusions were only added with Sep2016 t+c rewrite no doubt IC Sin thinking about RAs +2cat upgrade benefit.
I had a discussion with them on the same issue. After complaining and telling them the transfer would be BS, I asked for a price reduction. They could not offer because they had already charged my card and I ended up the the upgrade I wanted to have.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Can you post a picture of the keychain? I actually like a keychain. It's practical. I had TWG tea last time. I love it but I have to clean the filter each time so I actually would prefer teabags.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Just returned from 2 nights here. I was hoping for the TWG teas but received a keychain .
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by NotTellYou
Can you post a picture of the keychain? I actually like a keychain. It's practical. I had TWG tea last time. I love it but I have to clean the filter each time so I actually would prefer teabags.
Attached.

Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Cool! I love it! ^

Originally Posted by Troopers
Attached.

Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I think that keychain is an improvement over the stuffed animals I have received from them in the past. Hope they're still giving this out when I stay in September.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
I am getting very confused here.

As a Spire ambassador, what is the lowest category I need to book using my weekend certificate to get access to the club lounge included.

And what would the additional pay be for two persons to the Club Lounge for 2 nights if I book a lower level room?

Thanks, I need to do a booking for next March
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
I am getting very confused here.

As a Spire ambassador, what is the lowest category I need to book using my weekend certificate to get access to the club lounge included.

And what would the additional pay be for two persons to the Club Lounge for 2 nights if I book a lower level room?

Thanks, I need to do a booking for next March
1. you need book a club room upfront. not given with Amb upgrade
2. that way you pay for club only first night but still receive club second night too
3. if you upsell in hotel, then you need pay club upsell both nights
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
1. you need book a club room upfront. not given with Amb upgrade
2. that way you pay for club only first night but still receive club second night too
3. if you upsell in hotel, then you need pay club upsell both nights
Thanks. Good advice
I emailed the hotel yesterday and they confirmed club access is no longer part of the uograde process so I will be booking a heritage club room. I'm not too concerned what room that becomes, it was club that mattered.
The hotel quoted S$140 per night for paying to uograde to the lounge so I had already worked out booking club upfront was the way to go.

Hope these figures are helpful benchmarks for others
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Thanks. Good advice
I emailed the hotel yesterday and they confirmed club access is no longer part of the uograde process so I will be booking a heritage club room. I'm not too concerned what room that becomes, it was club that mattered.
The hotel quoted S$140 per night for paying to uograde to the lounge so I had already worked out booking club upfront was the way to go.

Hope these figures are helpful benchmarks for others
Does the hotel offer club room for Ambassador Weekend certificate bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.