Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow thanks for posting. Some familiar faces in that video and some back office scenes that I've not seen before. The next time I'm there I'm going to have to show this to the Club ladies.

Also note there is a part two. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di...3ps3A0
Old Jul 16, 2016, 4:25 pm

I'm staying for 3 nights in Singapore early 2017 and am torn between IC and Grand Hyatt. I have IHG Plat AMB status and Hyatt Diamond. Either property will be booked with points. Hyatt Diamond will give me lounge status and breakfast at GH, but at most I would get a minor upgrade at IC for an award stay. I don't care about breakfast that much, but I do like cocktails or wine at happy hour. However, I'm not willing to pay 90SGD per person for this. Is there affordable food and bars immediately around the IC?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:53 pm

Across the street to the South are rows of streets all with good, cheap restaurants. Across the street to the North is a street full of takeaway stands. Wherever you go in Singapore you're not far from excellent food and drink.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:47 am

Ok. Based on you guys' experience, what benefits/upgrades might Plat AMB get me for an award stay?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phol
Across the street to the South are rows of streets all with good, cheap restaurants. Across the street to the North is a street full of takeaway stands. Wherever you go in Singapore you're not far from excellent food and drink.
Actually I would say that the Hyatt is far from most of the good hawker food. One of the reasons I prefer the IC is that it is right in the middle of Singapore food heaven.

As for what you would get at the IC as AMB on an award stay, just send them an email and ask what the current policy is. [email protected]
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:08 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Business King

InterContinental Singapore

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

80 Middle Road Bugis Junction Singapore, SG 188966

InterContinental Singapore - Business King (11 Photos)

Room

2_DSC00377-1.jpg

A step back to the Intercontinental Singapore from the last visit of the enormous Ambassador Suite. This time, the Intercontinental Singapore has completed its renovations, and I will be staying in the Business King room.2_DSC00380.jpgThe post-renovation decor of the Intercontinental Singapore is definitely a breath of fresh air. The oriental influence has lessened and contemporary designs have been introduced while the colonial aspects remain the same.2_DSC00386.jpg 

I was especially impressed with the new Intercontinental Singapore concierge system on the Television which has introduced a new level of convenience for guests. The system allows you to order in-room dining, call for a turn-down service and even stream Spotify and Youtube with just the navigations on the new remote control. 5 stars for this idea. The Television is also built on a swivel arm, this offers optimum viewing angles from the sofa or the in-room dining table. (If one was to be set up)1_DSC00362.jpg

As an IHG Ambassador, I received a limited edition TWG tea made especially for the Intercontinental Singapore. The “Intercontinental Singapore Heritage Tea” cannot be bought elsewhere, and you have to be an ambassador to receive it. Definitely, a neat gift, as I love TWG teas, and the tin container serves to be a memento from the brand itself.​​​​​​​2_DSC00379.jpgThe bed is as comfy as always. I love the new fresh colors of the room which really go well with the carefully planned lighting.​​​​​​​2_DSC00387.jpgThe wooden work desk and chair are also newly replaced and provide ample space for any work related requirements.​​​​​​​2_DSC00367.jpgWhile the tiles and tubs seem to be refurbished instead of replaced, the efficient and impeccable overhaul and maintenance of the Intercontinental Singapore really shows itself off in a positive light. The standard Agraria amenities are still provided for the Intercontinental Singapore.​​​​​​​2_DSC00363.jpgThe pantry area is fully stocked with awesome TWG tea, clean glassware, and those little capsules of dairy cream which I love. The best addition to the pantry was a french press, which is a nice touch to brew loose tea leaves like the gift I received from Intercontinental Singapore!

Dining

DSC00413.jpg The quality of in-room dining has gone way up with the introduction of the new Ash & Elm Restaurant that has a grill menu. The steak was done perfectly. The rustic roasted garlic and beef jus paired perfectly with the medium-rare morsels of ribeye. DSC00416.jpgThe camembert burger was extremely juicy and definitely a must-try if ordering the in-room dining.

Overall

DSC00419.jpgOverall, the experience at the newly renovated Intercontinental Singapore has been outstanding. Although this is not a property I usually recommend to anyone (mainly due to it’s dated rooms), now I do as it has become a force to reckon with after doing so many things right.

Intercontinental Singapore

Address: 80 Middle Rd, Singapore 188966

Phone: 6338 7600

InterContinental Singapore - Business King

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Singapore?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess that RA's now automatically get club now? Or is it Club or Suite? I made a normal paid booking for a deluxe and then got an email saying I was upgraded to Club and could add Premier suite for S$80++. I'm not sure I understand.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I guess that RA's now automatically get club now? Or is it Club or Suite? I made a normal paid booking for a deluxe and then got an email saying I was upgraded to Club and could add Premier suite for S$80++. I'm not sure I understand.
Paid reservation standard for RAs at IC-SIN currently is a standard 2-cat upgrade on any paid (non-award) room.

If hotel is busy, and short of that +2cat room type, RA even gets upped 3categories, for me that has been .... IC Club booked +2cat => Prem Suite and received Heritage Suite (renamed from Shophouse Suite) as no Prem Suites available my nights.

And yes before anyone mentions, looks like 1cat upgrade IC Club -> Prem because in March Heritage room came between Club and Prem suite. Seems depending on search dates anomalies exist roomrate wise for Heritage, Club rooms where prices can be same or higher or lower.

Even if you book entry-category +2cat's RA upgrade provides a club room

As at March2016 unless you are ultra-regular RA and getting betting than default RA treatment, the IC-SIN hotels plan is as follows (see post 813 on pp55)
Booked RA Room -> Upgraded RA Room
o Deluxe Room -> Club Room + Lounge access
** Deluxe Room with b/f -> Ambassador Room (Corner Room) + Lounge Access
o Business Room -> Heritage Room + Lounge
o Club Room -> Premier Suite + Lounge
o Heritage Room -> Heritage Suite + Lounge
o Premier Suite -> Executive Suite + Lounge
o Heritage Suite -> Royal Suite + Lounge
o Executive Suite -> Ambassador Suite + Lounge
o Royal Suite -> Presidential Suite + Lounge
o Ambassador Suite -> Presidential Suite + Lounge

Last edited by scubaccr; Jul 18, 2016 at 3:36 am
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
scubaccr,

Thanks for the information. I haven't been to the IC Singapore in almost 4 years and plan a short vacation visit next March 2017. In my previous visits, RAs got an upgrade + club access. I have booked 2 award nights + 2 paid nights in a King Deluxe.

Would you know if there are any options to get club access with a paid supplement for the 2 award nights? I am assuming they will grant club access for the paid nights.

mxm135
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MXM135
scubaccr,

Thanks for the information. I haven't been to the IC Singapore in almost 4 years and plan a short vacation visit next March 2017. In my previous visits, RAs got an upgrade + club access. I have booked 2 award nights + 2 paid nights in a King Deluxe.

Would you know if there are any options to get club access with a paid supplement for the 2 award nights? I am assuming they will grant club access for the paid nights.

mxm135
I was staying at the hotel last night on an award booking - after making the booking, I sent an email to the hotel regarding purchase of club access and was offered it for SGD117 ( SGD100 plus taxes )
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by MXM135
scubaccr,

mxm135
Bad timing on your part I'm afraid. IC-SIN only stopped giving Lounge access on RA award nights recently , from April2016

Based on 35K points for entry level Deluxe Room (pts worth us$245 on P+C ratio) needed, I always go for a paid nights here, so had yet to find out the lounge upsell that now applies.

The mentioned circa 100sgd is very reasonable is 2ppn , gives restaurant b/f as option too, and further makes use of award night even less likely value-wise as I would buy lounge even on a solo award stay.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Thanks scubaccr.

I recall that you mentioned this earlier. I chose to use 2 award nights for those specific nights as the APR is over $ 400 SGD (tax/SC included). If the rate falls, I might convert them to paid nights. The nightly rates at the IC Singapore are actually more expensive than my senior rate (non-prepaid) nights at both the IC Sydney and IC Melbourne (the following week).

mxm135
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:21 am

3day singapore ihg sale 19-21 july for stays 19jul-11sep

3day booking window 19th july (today) to 21st

IHG Rewards Club has launched up to 40% off sale for stays in Singapore between July 19 – September 11, 2016

might be worth reviewing and rebooking flex stays if have firm plans or rebooking award nights as paid.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:11 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

It's been almost a year since I last stayed here. Now Spire/Amb (no longer RA), and booked club room on weekend BOGO + 1 free Chase night. They wanted to upgrade me to heritage room (formerly shophouse), and when I asked for something on a high floor, gave me a premier "suite" -- these are the former premier "rooms," those weirdly furnished L-shaped rooms behind the elevators. The renovation has been great -- turned these former basket cases into functional, desirable rooms.

Second BOGO night completely free (unlike IC GS HK, which charges club supplement on the free night), and SGD80++ upcharge for club access on the Chase free night. This is probably based on occupancy or the club staff's ad-hoc assessment of your willingness to pay; over the years, I've seen club supplement quotes of SGD80-120++. Good value, 3 nights for about SGD500 all-in, but there's no way I'd be paying the occasionally eye-watering rates they post on weekdays.

The club IMO has deteriorated. Two days in a row, we sat for 15+ minutes with staff ignoring us, and then I got up and requested drinks at the bar. Having hot foods delivered to the table is slow and wasteful, and if they want to pursue this model over the self-serve setup of the olden days, they need to hire more staff. Just a few minutes ago, the gentleman at the table next to ours complained to the club manager, so we don't seem to be the only ones disappointed by the way things are run now.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:58 pm

I'm normally a Hyatt/SPG person but the rate options aren't too appealing in Singapore so I'm thinking about the IC.

As an Ambassador, is there a room category that I can book which will upgrade to Club Access? Or is booking a Club category the only way?

I can see that there is a category called Premier, which is below Club, but I don't know whether Premier + Amb = Club.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.