Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by ffay005
I feared the place would be a zoo due to all the staycationers over the weekend, but no, it wasn't busy at all. No problems booking times slots for breakfast or the pool, and no more than a dozen people in the pool area at any given time.
Excellent! We are there in 3 weeks. I have noticed that they have changed the names of the rooms recently, causing a bit of confusion. I booked a Club Intercontinental King, which is now known as a King Bed Classic High Floor. I won't be staying in that anyway, as Ambassador I should be upgraded but who knows what the room will be called.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
The lounge is dead. No more dress code, flip flops and shorts allowed as well as screaming kids.
That's a pity. I always thought they were lax at enforcing the dress code anyway, which is a sore point because we always make the effort.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't like it either, but not unexpected. Everytime we go out for a nice dinner here in SIN at decent places like St. Regis, Regent, Raffles (Osteria BBR) and even Spago at MBS, people with "proper" shorts, tube or tank tops etc. are allowed even for dinner. No flip flops or athletic clothing (yet ), but still it is a sight to behold at times.

Hence, not surprised at all about the same laxness spreading through the various Club lounges here in SIN, sadly so. Being considerate towards others (noise levels, manners, common courtesies, etc.) these days probably are considered "antiquated" or "being a tight a*se" or some similarly charming titles .
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Annnnnd.... that is why I booked elsewhere. Same response about lack of upgrades and demands for paid upsells.
If I book the Ambassador Suite, will they try to upsell me to the P Suite?

I wonder what will be the RA upgrade if the room booked is the Ambassador Suite.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
If I book the Ambassador Suite, will they try to upsell me to the P Suite?

I wonder what will be the RA upgrade if the room booked is the Ambassador Suite.
Nothing. They won't upgrade you no matter your status.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Nothing. They won't upgrade you no matter your status.
This is the answer I expect. That is why I am no longer loyal to any hotel program.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

What I disliked was the check in agent not the Front Office Manager who checked us in. When I asked who the manager was he used a hand gesture to his name and said that he was the manager, very condescending attitude.
When I was there in 2019 (pre COVID) Ambassador would check in near the front door, seated at a large desk. And not at the stand up checkin counter.

Is that still in effect? Desk lady used to hook me up.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
This is the answer I expect. That is why I am no longer loyal to any hotel program.
It's in the AMB / RA T&Cs suites exclusion list. Yes, loyalty is to be doled out selectively.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
When I was there in 2019 (pre COVID) Ambassador would check in near the front door, seated at a large desk. And not at the stand up checkin counter.

I was there in February 2020, just before lockdown and in the four years prior to that and have never seen an Ambassador check in near the front door. The only desk, other than the check ins, is the concierge desk, which is on the left as you enter reception.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Exsilver
I was there in February 2020, just before lockdown and in the four years prior to that and have never seen an Ambassador check in near the front door. The only desk, other than the check ins, is the concierge desk, which is on the left as you enter reception.
when you walk in the front door from the car drop off point, it is to the immediate right. Not labeled Ambassador per se, but I was directed to it multiple times to check in.

If you kept walking straight you reach the regular checkin counters

the second photo here, where the person taking the photo is standing, that’s where the desk is (if the photographer had turned around)

https://www.metrostaycation.com/2017...apore.html?m=1
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:31 am

when you walk in the front door from the car drop off point, it is to the immediate right. Not labeled Ambassador per se, but I was directed to it multiple times to check in.

If you kept walking straight you reach the regular checkin counters

the second photo here, where the person taking the photo is standing, that’s where the desk is (if the photographer had turned around)

https://www.metrostaycation.com/2017...apore.html?m=1
My mistake then, I’ve never seen that..I’ll be there in 3 weeks so I’ll have a look.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:27 pm

My mistake then, I’ve never seen that..I’ll be there in 3 weeks so I’ll have a look.
Now watch it will all be gone now
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:11 pm

Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

No more desk, check in at front desk.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:24 am

No more desk, check in at front desk.
Too bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.