Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Exsilver
Heritage classic is in the lower part of the hotel and has no views, other than into a shopping mall. Classic rooms are in the tower and you can see out of the window.
Thanks, will stick to classic room then. The room we had last time was rather nice and definitely in the tower, so I guess I'm not too sold on the "heritage room" based on that.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Romain_
Thanks, will stick to classic room then. The room we had last time was rather nice and definitely in the tower, so I guess I'm not too sold on the "heritage room" based on that.
Wise choice, I only stayed in a Heritage room once and was hugely frustrated that there was no view.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:29 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Checked-in today after a short notice booking of a corner room, given a heritage suite on the second floor. Fine room, little bit of a damp smell, windows towards the shopping center. I like the room.
Service was so far excellent.
Club lounge a bit disappointing. As reported above f&b is on the very cheap side and you can taste that. Evening buffet is poor with lots of sweets but only two cold dishes and cheese. Drinks are really on the lower range. Service excellent.
Will skip the lounge tomorrow, no need to eat or drink that.
Hotel was expensive over CNY, yet I don't think there are many better places in SIN right now.

That being said, the hotel itself is outstanding, understating grandeur. Fabolous lobby lounge, love this place.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Jan 22, 2023 at 6:25 am
Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:15 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by MaximusTravelus
As a Diamond Ambassador, is club access and/or breakfast included if I just book an regular room (as opposed to one that states it comes "with club access"? Or would I get breakfast at one of the 3 restaurants for being Diamond and not get club access? TIA
Free breakfast for Diamonds confirmed. You can take your breakfast at the club or choose the buffet at the packed Italian restaurant on the ground floor. At the buffet, there is a specific section for vegetarians with plant-based options. The seating is a little claustrophobic though.

For a more relaxed experience, the club manages to offer a decent selection with table service and a chef serving up eggs and a hot local dish.

You won't have access to the afternoon tea or happy hour drinks if you didn't book a club room or suite. But as reported earlier, you're not missing much. Plenty of fun food and drinks places in the area!
Old Feb 5, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Interesting. I'll be there in early April...some five years after some 20 years of having stayed there (equivalent of some 3+ years overall), but nostalgially returning for a couple of days. Booked king corner city view.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Alawyer
Free breakfast for Diamonds confirmed. You can take your breakfast at the club or choose the buffet at the packed Italian restaurant on the ground floor. At the buffet, there is a specific section for vegetarians with plant-based options. The seating is a little claustrophobic though.

For a more relaxed experience, the club manages to offer a decent selection with table service and a chef serving up eggs and a hot local dish.

You won't have access to the afternoon tea or happy hour drinks if you didn't book a club room or suite. But as reported earlier, you're not missing much. Plenty of fun food and drinks places in the area!
I thought earned Diamond have club access.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:21 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Only if you choose the annual club access benefit after accruing 40 nights
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
It depends on what you mean by that. A status matched Diamond won't have it. You'll need to stay at least 40 nights and then pick lounge access as a choice benefit.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:22 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Nope, you have to select it at 40 and/or 70 nights milestone rewards, it is not a Diamond benefit

Unless you are talking about this particular hotel's policies, I may have misunderstood
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Nope, you have to select it at 40 and/or 70 nights milestone rewards, it is not a Diamond benefit

Unless you are talking about this particular hotel's policies, I may have misunderstood
Wouldn't club access be everyone first choice after 40 nights? That's why I indicated earned Diamond.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:36 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not necessarily, RA's are by default also Diamond and they don't need to chose the Lounge access option as they get Club anyways. I have colleagues who do not plan to stay (not even for vacation) at IC, Regent etc. and max out an Indigo every now and then but primarily do HIX, HI and maybe CP every now and then and they won't chose the lounge one, go figure. So helps to indicate that you mean Diamond with lounge access milestone reward and it is clearer.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Hi all, I’ve booked a Junior Suite King with AMB certificate. Emailed hotel to confirm room upgrade and was told:

“We would like to inform you that King Junior Suite is the highest room category in the non-Club room type, hence no further upgrade will be given to the Ambassador Member who booked for this package“

Any thoughts? Is it that I should book a King Corner room instead? Or does higher category suites (Heritage Suite?) warrant suite upgrades? Thanks a lot for your expert advice.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SLGO
Hi all, I’ve booked a Junior Suite King with AMB certificate. Emailed hotel to confirm room upgrade and was told:

“We would like to inform you that King Junior Suite is the highest room category in the non-Club room type, hence no further upgrade will be given to the Ambassador Member who booked for this package“

Any thoughts? Is it that I should book a King Corner room instead? Or does higher category suites (Heritage Suite?) warrant suite upgrades? Thanks a lot for your expert advice.
Guaranteed Upgrade

The Confirmable Suite Upgrade Milestone Reward cannot be used in conjunction with the Ambassador and Royal Ambassador guaranteed upgrade. If Ambassador and Royal Ambassador members were to redeem the Confirmable Suite Upgrade for their stay, they would not be entitled to an additional room upgrade at check-in because of their Ambassador membership. Click here for more information.
  1. On IHG® One Rewards Reward Nights and Free Nights, the guaranteed upgrade benefit is not applicable and is subject to availability. Refer to IHG® One Rewards terms & conditions.
  2. The InterContinental Ambassador guaranteed one room category upgrade excludes Club InterContinental experience/lounge access. Should a member’s original room purchase be one category lower than an advertised Club room/suite category, the member will be assigned the one category upgrade without the Club InterContinental experience/ lounge access.
  3. InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador guaranteed upgrade excludes Residences, Penthouses, Presidential and Specialty Suites and two bedroom or greater Suites/Villas.
    1. Royal Ambassadors purchasing a suite category will receive a one category suite upgrade.
    2. Further Suite exceptions at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in addition to clause 17 can be reviewed here.
    3. The upgrade exclusion is applied only towards the Ambassador Guaranteed benefit and does not limit IHG® One Rewards Elite benefits.

This was discussed in an earlier post. They are very strict with upgrades. You can only book a certain category of room in order to get an upgrade. You can book the above and beyond of what you'll be upgraded to but you wont get any further upgrade.

My lasts stay at this property was last April and I will not go back there as the management is nickel and diming and lying to guests. There are other better hotels in Singapore, going in April and have booked another property not IHG.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Mar 5, 2023 at 10:15 am
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:35 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
This was discussed in an earlier post. They are very strict with upgrades. You can only book a certain category of room in order to get an upgrade. You can book the above and beyond of what you'll be upgraded to but you wont get any further upgrade.

My lasts stay at this property was last April and I will not go back there as the management is nickel and diming and lying to guests. There are other better hotels in Singapore, going in April and have booked another property not IHG.
Thanks for your advice. I somewhat felt the same when contacting through email. Perhaps I should look into other hotels as well.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SLGO
Thanks for your advice. I somewhat felt the same when contacting through email. Perhaps I should look into other hotels as well.

I would if I were you as we are going April 28-May 4 but not staying with IHG, there are other properties with a full breakfast and reasonable rates. I don't care about lounge access as I once used to be as we go out for a lovely dinner every night. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.