Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by binman
I assume you have not booked club access which includes breakfast? I say this, as I am not sure about renewing ambassador status. 180,000rph is just £10 / $12 which would just get you drink in the bar. Not a great deal if there for 14 days!
I’d love to know what is open or closed, particularly if Ku, the Japanese restaurant, is open.
Ku is being renovated. 3 restaurants are open (recently, the Italian is re-opened every day of the week).

The 20% discount on F&B does not apply on alcoholic drinks.

I had forgotten that this small F&B credit was part of the Ambassador benefits package and was relieved to see that the "complimentary mineral water" was still there .

I have not purchased the Club access.

"Members will receive the following benefits at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts*

⁃ Guaranteed one category room upgrade
⁃ Guaranteed extended 4pm check-out
⁃ Complimentary weekend night*
⁃ Platinum Elite status in IHG® One Rewards, and the corresponding benefits
⁃ Restaurants & bars credit of up to USD20 for every stay*
⁃ Complimentary mineral water
⁃ Complimentary internet
⁃ Dedicated check-in area
⁃ Single room rate for double occupancy
⁃ Mainland China Only: Complimentary breakfast for one each night you stay
⁃ Greater China Only: Welcome fruit platter for Platinum Elite & Diamond Elite members"

Last edited by UASPG; Jun 26, 2022 at 7:19 am
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
There must be an issue with the staff elevator (at least in building 3), as sometimes you can't get in because there is a cleaning cart or even have to wait (longer than usual) for the elevator to move from a floor to see 2 or 3 associates get out on the floor where you are. They apologize every time.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just request / check for anyone having a booking with Club access and currently there, the airport transfer is definitely removed / gone for the moment? Thank you.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by demue
Just request / check for anyone having a booking with Club access and currently there, the airport transfer is definitely removed / gone for the moment? Thank you.
We checked out already, but before check in I received the welcome email from the Club Lounge. In this email, no airport transfer was offered. They ask for the arrival time but do not offer the airport transfer.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:18 pm

As promised, some pictures of the Imperial Villa.

Entry

Living room

Dining room

Master bedroom

Master bedroom living room and office

Master bedroom bathroom

Second bedroom

Second bedroom bathroom

Pool
demue, HadesNL and eltoddo22 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:03 am

Nearby Laundry

Laundries around the hotel have closed down, at least for the time being, but their is a good (at least, that's my first stay where I see it) and fast new one:

Quick Laundry Mart, just across the hotel staff entry.
Tel. 082-1246-47368.
Wash & Press package, up to 4kgs: Rps 40,000.

This being said, the laundry prices are quite reasonable at the hotel.

Next to the laundry, there is a fruit place (Rumah Buah) that has a very good Smoothie Bowl (Rps 35,000), but do not go there if you are in a hurry.
demue likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jongesander
As promised, some pictures of the Imperial Villa.

Entry

Living room

Dining room

Master bedroom

Master bedroom living room and office

Master bedroom bathroom

Second bedroom

Second bedroom bathroom

Pool
Thanks, looks refreshed and not as traditional (and darker) in furnishings and color palette. Not sure @HadesNL is going to love it .
UASPG and HadesNL like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:44 am

In case anyone is wondering, the airport transfer that used to be part of Club package / booking is available at a cost of 330,000 IDR one-way. Now apparently that is "net" which in Indonesia means inclusive of tax and service (so 11%+10%=21%), but take it with a pinch of salt as their email comms aren't always chrystal clear.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I just checked in @ IC Bali yesterday as a Diamond Ambassador. I booked 4 nights award stay - they put us in a King Bed Premium Duplex w/ garden view. They were initially just going to give us the next-level upgrade but we asked for a duplex. The room is farthest from ocean so probably "the worst" duplex suite but I have to work so I'm very happy to have the extra space. Although the room is a "club room" ... it does not come with club access. They said it would cost ~1,100,000 IDR for club access. (I don't have 40 nights yet for lounge pass)

They did offer me breakfast or 600 welcome points as a Diamond elite lol.... I chose the breakfast. (is there really a choice there?!)

What is slightly disappointing is that the "Ambassador" experience seems almost non-existent. There is no longer a separate Ambassador check-in, no mention of F&B credit, or other benefits. It felt like we were checking into a Holiday Inn.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jongesander
Currently at the hotel, and upgrades will never be the same again, because we get an upgrade to the renovated Imperial Villa. Will post some pictures later but it's stunning! The first minutes I just did not know what to say tbh.
Would like to mention that I was wrong regarding the soft drinks at the Club Pool: they are still included.

Sunset Bar is under renovation now, Bella Cucina looks fantastic. Currently the hotel is at 100% capacity as the hotel get some last minute groups. According the Rooms Division Manager a lot of groups tend to book ast minute.

​​​​
Out of curiosity... what did you book to get a friggin' Imperial Villa upgrade? That's awesome

I am wondering did you use the new "suite upgrade" certificate on your stay or book a really high category to begin with?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by eltoddo22
... What is slightly disappointing is that the "Ambassador" experience seems almost non-existent. There is no longer a separate Ambassador check-in, no mention of F&B credit, or other benefits. It felt like we were checking into a Holiday Inn.
I would agree with this as I felt the same when I checked in last week. I had to enquire about the benefits rather than them telling me. The F&B credit is IDR180,000.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by eltoddo22
Out of curiosity... what did you book to get a friggin' Imperial Villa upgrade? That's awesome

I am wondering did you use the new "suite upgrade" certificate on your stay or book a really high category to begin with?
It's a combination of luck, elite status and a returning guest(we also visited the hotel during the pandemic), and I guess also in this exact order.

The hotel was completely sold out as some last minute group bookings came in. So the hotel had to pick a guest for the upgrade.

The way we see it, it was a fantastic gift from the hotel. We booked a Club Duplex Suite.

Let me express that usually all the suites above the Duplex Suite are on the Ambassador upgrade exclusion list. So it will be impossible to use an upgrade voucher for it.

Regarding the check in and F&B credit: give them this feedback at checkout and when they send you a feedback form, because in my experience they really do something with this feedback.

How about the amenities at the bathoom of the Club Duplex Suite?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:59 am

Just tell them that you are entitled to the 20 USD = 180k IDR Ambassador F&B credit.

Now obviously this is an absolutely terrible exchange rate that borders on "daylight robbery" as at the moment it should come out ~296k IDR at spot rate. So give and take some, at the moment a reasonable value of ~250K IDR would be in the fair range in my book. Anyways.

Last edited by demue; Jun 29, 2022 at 1:20 am
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Unhappy

Originally Posted by demue
Thanks, looks refreshed and not as traditional (and darker) in furnishings and color palette. Not sure @HadesNL is going to love it .
indeed,
HadesNL
is not loving it at all....

demue knows me to a tee....

I prefer my Imperial Villa in Bali decked out in the orginal way of dark, tropical, cluttered Balinese style with a hint of mysticism and spookyness thrown in.

It now looks devoid of any Balinese character.

And argh! Where is the big copper bathtub......

Where is the dark and green/gold combo theme ....

Me: dissapointed face.....

Hope they didn't enhance the guardian statues at the front door away....

But anyway,
setting my dissapointment aside,
i am glad jongesander had his stay upgrade to the villa as it does suit families and those travelling with kids.

* I am very calm *
UASPG likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 29, 2022 at 7:50 am
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:50 am

Actually it reminds me of the Jivana Villa in style, just a refreshed version of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.