Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UKtravelbear
Confirmed Suite Upgrades

Valid on flexible cash bookings (prepaid is a possibility sometimes)(reward bookings not yet eligible as of 6/6/23)
One cert is valid for up to 5 nights
Two or more certs could be combined
valid 12 month
need to call earliest 14 days or lates 24 hours ahead of stay to confirm the suite
does not include lounge access

(IHG Terms and Conditions)

Print Wikipost

Milestone Discussion: Confirmable Suite Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:29 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Arrow

Raffles
pointed out that IHG-suite upgradeawards are only applicable on best flex rate bookings for now.
Not on reward nights at the moment.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...estone-reward/

His quote:You can confirm your suite upgrade by ringing IHG One Rewards 14 days before arrival. If a suite is available for cash, it will be made available for your suite upgrade award. Some hotels are allowed to substitute selected ‘premium rooms’ to be offered instead of suites, which is fair enough if the room is large.

Reward nights are not eligible for suite upgrades. There is a hope at IHG that this can be changed in the future.

And from loyaltylobby:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/10/...-june-10-2022/
- suite upgrade awards also on members discount rate
- diamond breakfast at all Kimptons but not at Six Senses
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Raffles
pointed out that IHG-suite upgradeawards are only applicable on best flex rate bookings for now.
Not on reward nights at the moment.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...estone-reward/
Which isn't quire correct as the IHG T&Cs say this

"Confirmable Suite Upgrade can only be applied to stays that are on an eligible rate, e.g., Best Flexible, Member Discount, Government, and select Corporate and package rates"

Which is significantly better than simply Best Flexible Rates

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:36 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Wonder if we can use multiple SNU for stays longer than 5 nights. Nothing I can see against it in the T&C after quick glance
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Wonder if we can use multiple SNU for stays longer than 5 nights. Nothing I can see against it in the T&C after quick glance
Definitely can use 3 for a 15 night stay assuming eligible suites available. The only question is are 3 separate 5 night reservations needed to be able to attach them to the reservations successfully.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well it would indeed depend in the availability,

What if the suite isn’t available on your middle 5 night block for example? Or only for the first 3 nights?

Plus you have the timing of using the vouchers to factor in with the earliest you can request being 14 days before the stay so it’s not something you can request for the whole stay at the same time unless you left it very close to the first night in which case availability for the first block might have already gone.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Is anyone going to come up with a list of best IHG hotels to use confirmed suite upgrades at? You know, hotels where value of suite far exceeds value of base room by many hundreds of dollars.

Or will the suites always be "unavailable" at said hotels?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Before getting too excited about suite upgrades I fear that they will be to a junior suite in more upmarket hotels and in an HI with one suite only you might need the moon to be in the right phase
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ninjalad
Before getting too excited about suite upgrades I fear that they will be to a junior suite in more upmarket hotels and in an HI with one suite only you might need the moon to be in the right phase
Have you actually read the new member benefits page? Because it's very clear what sort of upgrade will be given

Confirmable Suite Upgrade: Confirmable Suite Upgrades will be applicable for one room upgrade to an entry-level suite or premium room where a suite is not available.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Have you actually read the new member benefits page? Because it's very clear what sort of upgrade will be given

Confirmable Suite Upgrade: Confirmable Suite Upgrades will be applicable for one room upgrade to an entry-level suite or premium room where a suite is not available.
I believe ninjalad said nothing else what you confirm with the quote from the T&C's. So, nothing to get excited about
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boekel
I believe ninjalad said nothing else what you confirm with the quote from the T&C's. So, nothing to get excited about
If they had read the website then they woudn't have wrote

"I fear that they will be to a junior suite ..."
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I am ok with a Junior Suite upgrade that is confirmed at booking, still a reasonable upgrade that is locked in; especially in expensive markets.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I am also fine with junior suite, but as the programme language suggests "entry-level suite" it for sure won't be one bedroom suites.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
If they had read the website then they woudn't have wrote

"I fear that they will be to a junior suite ..."
exactly, you might get a better upgrade, but he fears that you shouldn't hold your breath for that.

semantics
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Do the 5 nights suite upgrade certificate apply also on reward stays ?

if I have 3 separate reward stays for consecutive nights (total 5 nights) can I apply the 5 nights upgrade certificate?

thanks
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I’m sure I read it has to best available flexible rate. Prepaid rates aren’t valid either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.