Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UKtravelbear
Confirmed Suite Upgrades

Valid on flexible cash bookings (prepaid is a possibility sometimes)(reward bookings not yet eligible as of 6/6/23)
One cert is valid for up to 5 nights
Two or more certs could be combined
valid 12 month
need to call earliest 14 days or lates 24 hours ahead of stay to confirm the suite
does not include lounge access

(IHG Terms and Conditions)

Print Wikipost

Milestone Discussion: Confirmable Suite Upgrades

Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Dav77
Do the 5 nights suite upgrade certificate apply also on reward stays ?

if I have 3 separate reward stays for consecutive nights (total 5 nights) can I apply the 5 nights upgrade certificate?

thanks
it is meant to be coming but not available yet. No timeline on when they will be accepted as a part of reward bookings.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Was to be expected:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/07/30/...clarification/

- CSU for suite does not come with club access : you just get the physical suite
- complimentary upgrade to a club room does not include access : you just get the club room

* no diamond brekkie at 2 residence properties in Dubai/Qatar

nicolas75 : sorry to read your comment got a beating there, but i will say it again:
commenting on some matters there is usless because some there are oblivious.....
better to let them be oblivious so we can keep IHG/diamond/RA undervalued
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:06 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Was to be expected:

- CSU for suite does not come with club access : you just get the physical suite
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is CSU? Complimentary? If so then I do not disagree with the rule. Lounges for folks with 40+ nights and people paying for access, nobody else.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
escape4 : no worries

CSU = confirmable suite upgrade

as in milestones rewards chosen:
Confirmable Suite Upgrade: Confirmable Suite Upgrades will be applicable for one room upgrade to an entry-level suite or premium room where a suite is not available.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page

And escape4 : i couldn't agree more
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Was to be expected:

- complimentary upgrade to a club room does not include access : you just get the club room

* no diamond brekkie at 2 residence properties in Dubai/Qatar

nicolas75 : sorry to read your comment got a beating there, but i will say it again:
commenting on some matters there is usless because some there are oblivious.....
better to let them be oblivious so we can keep IHG/diamond/RA undervalued
Travel blogs have even more whiners than FT, but a club room without club access has always been really odd and you can't blame anyone for being confused or disappointed.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
it’s in listed on the member benefits chart - https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
  • Once Annual Lounge Membership is chosen it will be valid to the end of the year plus an additional 12 months (E.g., Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected June 2022 will be valid until December 31, 2023)

and
  • Confirmable Suite Upgrade is valid for 12 months from milestone selection

Remember we have 90 days from earning a reward level to the deadline for selecting the benefit. Dates show in our accounts.

first batch need selecting by 9th September - 90 days from when the scheme officially launched (assuming you had reached a trigger point)

my next reward needs selecting by 3rd November - 90 days after the stay that got me over the trigger
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
its in listed on the member benefits chart - https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
  • Once Annual Lounge Membership is chosen it will be valid to the end of the year plus an additional 12 months (E.g., Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected June 2022 will be valid until December 31, 2023)

and

Remember we have 90 days from earning a reward level to the deadline for selecting the benefit. Dates show in our accounts.

first batch need selecting by 9th September - 90 days from when the scheme officially launched (assuming you had reached a trigger point)

my next reward needs selecting by 3rd November - 90 days after the stay that got me over the trigger
To clarify, does this mean if we hit the 40 nights sometime in December this year, we have 90 days from then to select the Milestone reward. So if we only select / choose the lounge access option in January 2023, it will then be valid for the rest of 2023 and the next calendar year, hence until the end of 2024..?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
its in listed on the member benefits chart - https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page

and

So the 2 year hack will work, providing you're able to wait until January to select it. Gogooo said quite categorically that it wouldn't, but the terms you quoted suggest otherwise.

I'm waiting to trigger an F&B award (need to do so by 20 Oct) but these awards have still not been enabled
Old Sep 30, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Raffles
pointed out that IHG-suite upgradeawards are only applicable on best flex rate bookings for now.
Not on reward nights at the moment.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...estone-reward/

His quote:You can confirm your suite upgrade by ringing IHG One Rewards 14 days before arrival. If a suite is available for cash, it will be made available for your suite upgrade award. Some hotels are allowed to substitute selected premium rooms to be offered instead of suites, which is fair enough if the room is large.

Reward nights are not eligible for suite upgrades. There is a hope at IHG that this can be changed in the future.

And from loyaltylobby:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/10/...-june-10-2022/
- suite upgrade awards also on members discount rate
- diamond breakfast at all Kimptons but not at Six Senses
Is this still the case that suite upgrades are not usable on award bookings?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 3:54 am
Original Poster

I was under assumption in order to use the Milestone Suite upgrade:
- must hook flex rate / member's flex rate
- must book direct with IHG/Site/App
- call in to get upgrade

As mentioned
  • Confirmable Suite Upgrade can only be applied to stays that are on an eligible rate, e.g., Best Flexible, Member Discount, Government, and select Corporate and package rates
  • Confirmable Suite Upgrades cannot be used with the following rate types:
    • Group rates, package tour or convention where charges are being paid by a third party
    • Reward Night/Free Night (eligible at a future date)
    • Non-Qualified rate like Wholesale, OTA, and Employee rate
    • Prepaid rates if deposit is already applied
    • Some hotel defined packages
Maybe in your case "select package rate" is not valid because of a certain market ?

But supposedly Virtuoso TA as preferred partners,
have such good relations & connections with their hotels
that they can pull some strings for their clients
if you believe the blogs

with that in mind......
I am not here to defend or attack but just from mere observation

Think of IHG's reasoning concerning upgrades:

elite level is:
plat/diamond will get +1 subject to availability
AMB/Innercircle wil get +1 guaranteed
RA will get +2 guaranteed

if booking Virtuoso or L&L rate + having the appropiate elite level,
would offer all elite levels with their virtuoso/L&L booking:
VirtuosoL&L upgrade subject to availability + elite's +1 catagory upgrade

there is reason to believe:
some hotels go beyond, upgrade + upgrade
some hotels do the minimal, so upgrade but then suit to best of that upgradable category roomtype
some hotels are strict, cite the elite status transforms the virtuoso/L&L rate from subject to availability to confirmed

----------------------

and with that logic think about stacking above all with the CSU = confirmable suite upgrade
Which should mean all elite levels + virtuoso/L&L + CSU =
cause all guests bookings to change
be set to entry suite
AND
then apply the upgrade benefit of the elite member on the suite cat+1
AND
then apply the upgrade benefit of the virtuose/L&L on the suite cat +1

That would create a logistic nightmare like Marriott has with its to many ranks of elite for upgrade
and with virtuoso/MarriotStars-lumiious/AmexFH&R bookings
(whom to upgrade in what dominant rank?)
or
An inventory nightmare like Hyatt with all Globalists going auto-upgraded into standard suites + virtuoso/HyattPriv booking upgrade benefit
(are there even enough suites of all types left to upgrade into )

Which causes ofcourse disappointment and frustration with the regulars & elite members
because the upgrade chain has become to complex by corporate and hotels can't / won't deliver

So this might reasons why IHG-hotels / reservations act/think
as they interpret corporate's t&c
  • Confirmable Suite Upgrade cannot be stacked with guaranteed upgrades for Royal Ambassador, Ambassador, and Inner Circle Members, any additional upgrades are at the discretion of the hotel

Note: Diamond & Platinum not memtioned in above line as their upgrades where always subject to availability ......!
Note: though that hotel CAN go beyond at their own discretion
Note: if a Virtuoso TA is touted to be excellent in his relation with a certain hotel, it would suit their image to push for the upgrade & statusfy their client

with corporates's t&c
  • Confirmable Suite Upgrade can only be applied to stays that are on an eligible rate, e.g., Best Flexible, Member Discount, Government, and select Corporate and package rates
    • Group rates, package tour or convention where charges are being paid by a third party

sorry for the long story!
but just giving my 2 cents in thought and observation
Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I was under assumption in order to use the Milestone Suite upgrade:
- must hook flex rate / member's flex rate
- must book direct with IHG/Site/App
- call in to get upgrade

As mentioned
Maybe in your case "select package rate" is not valid because of a certain market ?

But supposedly Virtuoso TA as preferred partners,
have such good relations & connections with their hotels
that they can pull some strings for their clients
if you believe the blogs
I had emailed them a few weeks ago to ask specifically if virtuoso and lux life rates counted and got a cut and paste reply of the above.

Clearly they don't class under the select package rates.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:47 pm

Anyone know if you can use the suite voucher combined with Intercontinental Ambassador complimentary night and some extra paid nights?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by meinnit
Anyone know if you can use the suite voucher combined with Intercontinental Ambassador complimentary night and some extra paid nights?
No, it says it in the terms.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by moolman
No, it says it in the terms.
I couldn't find it in the terms. If you're referring to this point..
Confirmable Suite Upgrade cannot be stacked with guaranteed upgrades for Royal Ambassador, Ambassador, and Inner Circle Members, any additional upgrades are at the discretion of the hotel
..that applies to the guaranteed upgrade you get with Ambassador membership
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by meinnit
I couldn't find it in the terms. If you're referring to this point..

..that applies to the guaranteed upgrade you get with Ambassador membership
Exactly, so the answer is no.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.