Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; UA P; CA G; HU P; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; IHG Spire; Hilton Diamond;
IHG Program Update March 2022

Official Link:Timeline:
  • 2022.1.24 - Training for Hotel Employees Start
  • 2022.3.31 or prior - Officially Roll out the New Program
  • Add SILVER Status - 10 nights requirement
  • GOLD Status - 20 nights or 40,000 points (instead of 7 night / 7,000 points now)
  • PLATINUM Status - 40 night or 60,000 points (instead of 30 nights / 30,000 points now)
  • SPIRE changed to DIAMOND Status - 70 nights or 120,000 points (instead of 55 nights / 55,000 points now)
New Status Benefits To Be Announced, but:
  • SILVER status will receive 20% extra points
  • GOLD status will receive 40% extra points (compared to 10% now)
  • PLATINUM status will receive 60% extra points (compared 50% now)
  • DIAMOND still 100% (same as SPIRE now)
  • SPIRE/DIAMOND no more choice benefit (25,000 points or gift Platinum)
Current Spire automatically goes to Diamond. However, if not reaching the new requirement in 2022, the status expires in 2023.

No changes to Ambassador, Royal Ambassador, or Kimpton Inner Circle.

Note: info above not confirmed. Do not blame me if wrong 🙃 Now confirmed.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 22, 2022 at 1:44 am Reason: link frixed
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
What's the point? Diamond will need 15 more nights but will get less?

Not sure why they'd need two months of training before rolling this out.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; UA P; CA G; HU P; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; IHG Spire; Hilton Diamond;
Originally Posted by js1993
What's the point? Diamond will need 15 more nights but will get less?

Hope they will announce other benefits soon and hope those are nice
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Neoli
Hope they will announce other benefits soon and hope those are nice
Hopefully. It would seem like a waste to revamp the program just to add Silver and rename Spire.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Thanks for this - what's your source, an insider in the company or a leaked document?

I hope that, if this is true, IHG will finally seize the opportunity to simplify their convoluted rewards scheme [no more program-within-a-program-that's-also-another-program-with-benefits-for-this-brand-but-not-those], offer guest-facing benefits that are competitive with the big players [i.e. lounge access, breakfast] and update their technology platforms to a standard that isn't a pathetically lazy rebrand [the way the current apps are just the old ones with a new logo, having "IHG Rewards Club" mentioned all over the website, app and on the virtual card, etc.]... but this is IHG after all, and I might be getting ahead of myself.

Let's see - this is the closest we've seen to a proper program revamp so... hope springs eternal?

khabah
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:11 pm

???

​​​​​I am still waiting for the additional Spire benefits, which they told us will be announced soon...
dw, PremExecSNA, demue and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:54 am

Dont have much hope on this one.

According to that PDF floating around, there are no changes to Inner Circle, Ambassador or Royal Ambassador...

IHG needs to get their stuff in order....this is bullpoo
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:25 am

Not sure about the original source, but here is an official-looking Chinese PDF that seems to have these numbers: https://www.verylvke.com/en/wp-conte...FAQs-Final.pdf
strayersong likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
IHG head office has confirmed the accuracy of everything above to me.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wow, if what was listed by OP (thank you for that info) is all IHG is doing here then this is the most unnecessary, redundant exercise I have seen in recent history for a loyalty program.

You get nothing guaranteed for being Spire (Diamond) so what the heck does Silver matter? Do they really think they'll unlock millions of new customers that were "turned off" because meaningless Gold was unreachable and hence a lower threshold without benefits is going to make a difference?

Sheer brilliance
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
LOL…Diamond/Spire is 55,000 now but goes up to 120,000 points and we have to wait for several months to find out if anything additional is offered. Why not improve the benefits first and then encourage people to attain a higher status for next year?

Now we can wait for the announcement that every hotel will add in amenity fees also with no additional benefits to match the higher qualification levels😀
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by js1993
You try committing to memory in under two months the phrase "These enhancements are the result of feedback from our customers"
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by demue
Wow, if what was listed by OP (thank you for that info) is all IHG is doing here then this is the most unnecessary, redundant exercise I have seen in recent history for a loyalty program.

You get nothing guaranteed for being Spire (Diamond) so what the heck does Silver matter? Do they really think they'll unlock millions of new customers that were "turned off" because meaningless Gold was unreachable and hence a lower threshold without benefits is going to make a difference?

Sheer brilliance
Probably some big consulting company "sold" this idea for IHG for some double-digit M USD. Where to get money to reduce that consulting bill? By reducing benefits for frequent customers

I doubt that they would extend the current Chinese F&B benefits (credits, lounge at Crowne Plaza) to the rest of the world with the refresh of programme.
jn in ca likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Going to need something spectacular to have me to reverse my current plan of burning all IHG points this year and losing Spire to focus on Hilton.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
This change to supposed to make the IHG loyalty program more competitive with other lodging providers.
Based on what I have seen so far, not seeing much improvement or added benefits.
Nice to see the "SPIRE" name retired, that may be enough benefit for some.
IAMORGAN and gogooo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.