Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:33 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by 336
???

​​​​​I am still waiting for the additional Spire benefits, which they told us will be announced soon...
No kidding-- what has it been, 7 years? Yes, there were than the increased points and choice rewards for Spire, but really there has been almost no change in tangible on property benefits.

I'm also pretty surprised that they are going to be changing up the elite levels, yet still aren't doing anything about Amb/Inner Circle. What IHG really needs to do is merge the programs and make the benefits consistent across Regent/Intercontinental/Kimpton.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta, IHG
I wonder if credit card holders will retain Platinum or be demoted to Gold or Silver. Glad I’m working on Hyatt status this year just in case IHG screws it’s program up even more with this.
beltway likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:39 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This subject is no longer a rumor: IHG has confirmed the changes in a new preview page accessible at this link.

So far and pending further details, this looks like another endlessly lazy rebrand that devalues the program further by making elite status harder to reach while not offering anything new or exciting. The fact that Ambassador/Royal Ambassador and Inner Circle are still sticking around does not make this appealing or easier to comprehend either.

Oy...

khabah
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:42 am
dw

Originally Posted by Noctilum
I wonder if credit card holders will retain Platinum or be demoted to Gold or Silver. Glad I’m working on Hyatt status this year just in case IHG screws it’s program up even more with this.
TPG reports that the US Chase Premier card (the $89 one) will retain Platinum status. Of course, the only differentiator for that tier seems to be slightly more bonus points.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:44 am
dw

Originally Posted by khabah
This subject is no longer a rumor: IHG has confirmed the changes in a new preview page accessible at this link.
The only thing that sounds promising is this line:

"And when it comes to picking perks, the choice is all yours."

Of course, that could just be referring to something that's substantially similar to the Spire Choice Rewards. The optimist in me would hope this could refer to some more substantial on property benefits.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
Websites

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/new-rewards

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 22, 2022 at 1:44 am Reason: link fixed
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
They might be rolling out a new high end credit card, and somehow this is part of that. “Only $450 annual fee, and you too can be an IHG diamond”.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
IHG Hotels & Resorts Unveils a New Vision for Loyalty

• Introducing a new Gold Elite tier starting at 20 nights, with an industry-leading 40% bonus point structure
  • Renaming of the ‘Spire Elite’ tier to ‘Diamond Elite’ to simplify member recognition and understanding of our highest tier, which will retain our best-in-class 100% bonus point structure 
  • Improving bonus point earn levels across all other Elite tiers

https://www.ihgplc.com/-/media/ihg/i...mp4?autoplay=0
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I wouldn't exactly call this a "reveal" since we really don't know anything about benefits and also if redemption costs will change.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I am waiting for the bad part of the relaunch when they announce increased redemption costs for award rooms.
Daze and darthbimmer like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:18 am
dw

Originally Posted by christianj
I am waiting for the bad part of the relaunch when they announce increased redemption costs for award rooms.
Hasn’t that already happened though?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I’m a Spire who mostly gets there by credit card spend, little chance of making the Diamond points requirement. What happens to current Spires after March?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
I’m a Spire who mostly gets there by credit card spend, little chance of making the Diamond points requirement. What happens to current Spires after March?
You become Diamond and need to qualify in 2022 for 2023
Keefy-boy likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Seems official nw - I just got an email announcing the changes ("We can't share all the details right now, but here's what we can share: [see this thread]"
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
"Perfect time" to renew a program by adding a Diamond in a time where people hardly travel and staying in hotel, both Business and Pleasure.
dw, Football Fan, htb and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.